Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2018, 07:59 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm not sure I've ever seen Before Sunrise. My high school movie that made me fall in love was Moulin Rouge. Something like that for Taylor is a pipe dream. Though he can kind of sing now. He doesn't need to be great, they'd autotune the hell out of him anyway.

Another movie I wish Taylor would have landed was Prisoners, Jake's character. I love that movie. And he would have gotten to work with Hugh again.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

I never saw Moulin Rouge or Prisoners.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I never saw Moulin Rouge or Prisoners.
Moulin Rouge, yes. Prisoners, no. In fact, I’ve never heard of prisoners.

I can’t see Taylor doing a musical. At all.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Moulin Rouge no, something like Walk the Line, yes. He's mentioned wanting to do a Stevie Ray Vaughn biopic at some point.

Prisoner's is really good, you guys should watch. It had some Oscar buzz that fizzled out but might have gotten some secondary category nominations. But the cast is great Hugh, Jake, Viola Davis, Terrance Howard, Maria Bello, Melissa Leo...
Old 10-24-2018, 07:57 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I remember that. That would be about right... plays a real person who has died. Definitely Taylor’s wheelhouse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Moulin Rouge no, something like Walk the Line, yes. He's mentioned wanting to do a Stevie Ray Vaughn biopic at some point.

Prisoner's is really good, you guys should watch. It had some Oscar buzz that fizzled out but might have gotten some secondary category nominations. But the cast is great Hugh, Jake, Viola Davis, Terrance Howard, Maria Bello, Melissa Leo...
Old 10-25-2018, 04:06 PM
Loyal Fan

I've never heard of Prisoners either but I just googled it and it sounds good. I usually like Jake Gyllenhaal films. Zodiac and Nightcrawler in particular are amazing!
Old 10-26-2018, 08:26 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Hugh is low key in a lot of movies that I love. Prisoner's and The Prestige being two that I think are so underrated. Hugh is actually kind of the anti-hero but also hero in Prisoner's. It's a great movie.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:54 PM
Addicted Fan

I've only watched Prisoners once, but there are parts that still haunt me. Parts of it are just brilliant. And the performances are terrific. But as a whole film, something didn't work for me. It's one of those films that you want to recommend to people but then aren't 100 percent sure they'll like it.

I looove Moulin Rouge! But I watched it again recently and I'm not sure it holds up. Or maybe it feels like it's from a different era even though it's not that old. The tone of movies is so different now and the love story part is so unabashedly sweet.

I can't see Taylor doing a musical either, but if he were, a Baz Luhrmann musical (he directed MR) would be the way to go. It's not so much about singing ability as it is about performance. Mood and expression. I also adored his version of the Great Gatsby, with Leo.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:22 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Prisoners is a very unsatisfying movie. I will say that. And it is without a doubt haunting.

I think it was the Canadian ice dancing team dancing to the Moulin Rouge soundtrack that got me in the mood to rewatch it. Ewan and his recent off the screen drama...I couldn't shake that off, it almost ruined Christian for me.
Old 10-27-2018, 05:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Ewan and his recent off the screen drama...I couldn't shake that off, it almost ruined Christian for me.
I don't even know anything about his drama... I wasn't kidding when I said I didn't attention to that stuff. What happened?
Old 10-27-2018, 06:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Ewan was spotted kissing his Fargo co-star at some restaurant. He'd been married to his wife for 22 years. She apparently found out about the affair like everyone else, from those pictures...they separated shortly after. Ewan has daughters who are all in their late teens early 20's and one of them called his co-star/mistress a piece of trash, etc. Was posting things to social media about the affair. It was pretty messy.
Old 10-27-2018, 06:24 PM
Loyal Fan

I had NO IDEA about Ewan McGregor. I just googled it.

Kiki, he left his wife of 22 years last year after falling for his Fargo co-star! I'm really disappointed. I always thought he was one of the good guys and that they had such a strong marriage. I'm genuinely quite shocked by that. . .
Old 10-27-2018, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

Oh that sucks. I mean, he has a right to leave his wife if he's not happy, but not like that. This reminds me of a friend of mine who introduced me to her new boyfriend (this was like 10 years ago) and it was my friend from work's husband! Well... not really friend but someone I knew from work! That was messy. They are divorced now and his son plays football with my nephew. Small world all around.
Old 10-27-2018, 11:09 PM
Addicted Fan

I adored Ewan, and when I saw those pics I immediately crossed him off my list. And Mary Elizabeth Winstead (the actress) had become one of my favorite actresses but I crossed her off too. I hadn't heard about all the tabloid drama and stuff about the daughter. I know there was some talk that he and Eve had been separated for months

https://people.com/movies/ewan-mcgre...instead-trash/

but it's still the first thing I think about when I see either Ewan or MEW now. And on top of it, that season of Fargo sucked!
Old 10-28-2018, 12:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh I enjoyed season 3 of Fargo! They were all good to be fair, not sure which was my favourite. . .
Closed Thread   Post New Thread