Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2018, 03:55 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I agree. Some type of quirky romantic comedy... or just comedy. Something with substance though.
Hmm, I'm curious. What's an example of what you mean by a comedy with substance?

Coming off Waco especially, I just can't see him doing a straight romantic comedy. But a Danny McBride comedy a la Eastbound and Down/Vice Principals, definitely. Or an ensemble like Logan Lucky.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:45 AM
Master Fan

Comedy with substance ??? I guess I mean a comedy that is not too ridiculous and has some type of message. Lets see: Legally Blonde, There's Something About Mary, Big, Meet the Parents, Sideways, Juno, City Slickers, Devil Wears Prada, The Birdcage, Mrs. Doubtfire, Bridget Jones, When Harry Met Sally, Splash, and The Big Sick (which I haven't actually seen but I am assuming from what I've been told). Then there a few silly ones that were great with a little less substance but just funny without going too far into ridiculous Wedding Crashers, Old School, Dodgeball (hence my Vince Vaughn fascination), Bridesmaids. Austin Powers, Elf, Dumb and Dumber. I don't think I'd like to see Taylor in the sillier ones.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

You know he's going to pivot to something that is right up his alley but maybe not quite what he's done before, like a Western.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:19 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So as we wait for casting news or rumors of his next project.

Call your shot...realistically what do we think he's going to do next?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say comedy (though I really believe it'll be probably a drama).
Old 03-19-2018, 08:43 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I’d love to see a comedy! He needs to let the drama rest for a project or two.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:06 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
So as we wait for casting news or rumors of his next project.

Call your shot...realistically what do we think he's going to do next?
Not a clue. Whatever he does, I bet it's something we'd never predict, like a music biopic, or a road-trip comedy. Maybe a workplace thriller. But the deal with Hollywood is, once you do something well, you get tons of offers to basically replicate it. Who knows what type of offers he's getting after Waco.

Personally, I just hope it's something I can get excited about. Although I was really excited when he signed for AA and look how that turned out.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'll be excited about whatever. I think I was most excited for Waco and that paid off for me, but I thought I'd be more into American Assassin than OTB, just because of the villain angle. So, obviously, quality of the overall product comes into play with my enjoyment of it.

I want to say a western or comedy, but with him, who honestly knows. Probably what I would least expect would be for him to sign on to another long project like Waco, but maybe he'll land on another limited series.

I still want to see him in some type of family/drama/dark comedy/indie.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
Not a clue. Whatever he does, I bet it's something we'd never predict, like a music biopic, or a road-trip comedy. Maybe a workplace thriller. But the deal with Hollywood is, once you do something well, you get tons of offers to basically replicate it. Who knows what type of offers he's getting after Waco.
What exactly is a "workplace thriller?" lol This made me chuckle.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:33 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
What exactly is a "workplace thriller?" lol This made me chuckle.
Geez, I wasn't very articulate last night, was I? lol I was trying to describe a movie like Glengarry Glen Ross, where people aren't really killing each other but the co-workers are kind of enemies. And then for some reason, the Tom Cruise movie "The Firm" came to mind. Something involving corporate espionage or political intrigue. Though they don't really make movies like those anymore. It's all superheroes now.

There's always a sports comedy. That would be be fun.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:33 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I kind of hope he stays away from some straight action thriller. After seeing AA, there just needs to be something special with those kind of films to find a cult following or a niche that isn't just another John Wick or Taken rip off.

I always go back to This is Where I Leave You or even The Family Stone or August: Osage County. A family type drama is what I really really want. He doesn't have to be the lead.

There was talks of them making a John Scott movie, Mitch Albom who is a sports reporter in Detroit was writing it. I'm not sure where it currently stands. Taylor probably isn't tall enough to play John Scott though.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So there were a few articles today that said Taylor would be at a Comic Con in Asia this weekend, but he doesn't seem to show up on the schedule anywhere...so if he is still in LA, his friend Marc is at the 20th Century Fox lot. Last time Marc posted from the Sony lot he seemed to be there with Taylor for The Dig shoot. SO, now I'm jumping to a ton of conclusions and if he is in LA and not currently in Manila and is with Marc I want to know what he might be meeting for.

I scoured the pre-production films and if I had to choose a project I'd want him to do The Dive with Jennifer Lawrence, she's been attached the project for a few years. It's about a couple who free dive and are world record holders. She dies during a dive...

This is what happens when he has no projects publicly in the works, I make up my own news.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

This makes me SO happy. So what do we think it is?! TV, movie? I'm so desperate for news.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

Who asked him that? Just a fan?
Old 04-18-2018, 05:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yeah she's just a fan.

I hope he'll film something this summer before he does Pieces. Just so that we will have something to look forward to while he's doing that. I know he's been super busy but coming up on July it will have been a year since he's actually filmed something.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:24 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I’d like to see TV again. It’s selfish really. We get him for a longer period of time.