Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2017, 01:56 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I was just thinking, that now is a great time for tv. With Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu making original content... more projects are getting the green light than ever before. Bc of binging/watching habits were seeing more shows premiere every month of the year, not just in the fall.
Old 12-03-2017, 06:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I also love that with these streaming services and more prestige networks ratings aren't everything. Yes, if something is a complete bomb it's probably not going to be renewed, but there is a sense of just letting it play out and not worrying that something is a critical darling but getting zero ratings. I mean on Netflix/Hulu/Amazon they don't even release their ratings system.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I also continue to be obsessed with Mindhunter and would love to see him play a serial killer for like a one episode cameo in season two (it was just renewed). Ted Bundy, maybe? It would also reunite him with Groff.
I know I was all excited for AA, and we used to imagine/fantasize about him playing various villain types, but I've changed my mind now and I want him back to playing the hero again. Even complicated ones like Woodrugh are great, just not evil characters.

Althougggggh, I was catching up on old episodes of the Leah Remini show and apparently there was a docuseries about the Laci Peterson murder on A&E. I thought of you, Amanda, because I know you love true crime stories and I realized this is possibly the only case I'd be interested in watching if someone made a miniseries about it. I think there might've been a Lifetime movie years ago, but I mean the full American Crime Story, 6-8 hour treatment. It was so tragic. I still don't think I'd want Taylor in it though. At least not as her creep husband who killed her.

The only problem with all the new material out there is the glut it's creating. Even truly exceptional stuff gets buried or quickly forgotten because there is so much stuff now. I do regret not pursuing my writing anymore because there seems to be so much demand for good material presently.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:36 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I don’t think AA was the tip of the iceberg as far as what he could really do with a villainous tole! He would be sooo good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
I know I was all excited for AA, and we used to imagine/fantasize about him playing various villain types, but I've changed my mind now and I want him back to playing the hero again. Even complicated ones like Woodrugh are great, just not evil characters.

Althougggggh, I was catching up on old episodes of the Leah Remini show and apparently there was a docuseries about the Laci Peterson murder on A&E. I thought of you, Amanda, because I know you love true crime stories and I realized this is possibly the only case I'd be interested in watching if someone made a miniseries about it. I think there might've been a Lifetime movie years ago, but I mean the full American Crime Story, 6-8 hour treatment. It was so tragic. I still don't think I'd want Taylor in it though. At least not as her creep husband who killed her.

The only problem with all the new material out there is the glut it's creating. Even truly exceptional stuff gets buried or quickly forgotten because there is so much stuff now. I do regret not pursuing my writing anymore because there seems to be so much demand for good material presently.
I think people will remember what’s good. And Netflix has a few shows that have 16 or so episodes that premiere as 8 and 8, airing at different times in the year. Like two mini seasons.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:22 AM
Addicted Fan

By the way, I saw the new Denzel Washington movie, "Roman Israel, Esq." Colin is in it, and he's really good! I'd like to see him work with Taylor again, this time where they'd have more scenes together. They had such great chemistry in TD.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:31 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Oh yeah, that Laci Peterson series is right up my ally. I've rewatched Mindhunter a few times and the second season of The Crown airs this Friday. I rewatched The Keepers too, which was actually produced by Pete's production company on Netflix. I love binging but sometimes it's too much to take in all at once.

I like seeing him as the villain but I think we're definitely do for a more "feel good" role. Because even though his character was a little more lighthearted in OTB he was still portraying someone that died...again.

Comedy, Taylor! Comedy! Which you would think that him finally portraying a character that was humorous he might be getting a few more scripts to read that might lean toward more comedic.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:58 PM
Addicted Fan

That newest Waco clip has renewed my desire to see him play a lawyer -- an idealistic one fighting government corruption or some corporate malfeasance.

I just want to see him saving the world again, whether in action mode or (preferably) as a scientist like Amy Adams in Arrival.

Or saving his town from an evil landowner in the old West. Or saving a little boy who witnessed some mob murder. Or on a smaller scale, saving his girl from a lunatic escaped convict.

I just need to see him being the hero again. Where he doesn't die at the end.

I finally binge-watched a whole series, Godless on Netflix, and I think it actually isn't good for that one. Watched all together, there's such a buildup over 6 episodes to this final showdown, and in the end it felt a little anti-climactic. I think it would've been more exciting to have to wait a week, like we used to in the old days. It is well done though.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:43 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:

I just need to see him being the hero again. Where he doesn't die at the end.
I think dying is his signature thing now.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I will jump for absolute joy the day we hear he's doing a comedy. Because I think it's going to happen and I'd venture to guess maybe even next year. Maybe just me wishful thinking, but I want it. If I say it enough it'll become true.

I thought maybe I'd like Godless so I started it but just wasn't in the mood. I'd just come off watching Westworld and it might have been to much western for me back to back. But yes, the Netflix format is great for some series because of the pacing, like Bloodline, but others it can hurt the flow.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:17 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I will jump for absolute joy the day we hear he's doing a comedy. Because I think it's going to happen and I'd venture to guess maybe even next year. Maybe just me wishful thinking, but I want it. If I say it enough it'll become true.
I think you're going to be right about a comedy next year. He's definitely branching out, exploring so many different things. Comedy just feels like a natural next step.

Do you think he'd ever do a play now at this stage of his career?
Old 12-09-2017, 07:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Do you think he'd ever do a play now at this stage of his career?
Paul Wesley just announced another off Broadway play. It runs for like a week! Soon. I have to look into tickets today. It came out of the blue. I would love for Taylor to do a play!
Old 12-09-2017, 08:19 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He was asked about doing stage work in one of his interviews while doing AA press and he said he'd "murder" to do it, but they just needed to find something that fit. I would say down the road. I don't know if he's there yet.

I think that, if he's had time to read scripts that have been sent his way since the time OTB started to buzz around Hollywood that maybe this window prior to Waco airing will be our best shot for him to sign on to something lighter. I think that after Waco airs, and if it's as well received as we hope it is, it's going to put him right back into those heavy drama roles coming down the pipe that he so loves to take.

Selfishly, Big Little Lies was officially renewed yesterday, it's happening, Reese and Nicole are staring again. I'd love to see Taylor on there. Even if it's just a one or two episode arch. He has a relationship with HBO...but I find myself really really enjoying Reese the older she gets. Since Wild really, I loved her in that.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I adore Reese! Always have.

Taylor said years ago that he wanted to do a play. I think he’d do one in a heartbeat.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:56 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Selfishly, Big Little Lies was officially renewed yesterday, it's happening, Reese and Nicole are staring again. I'd love to see Taylor on there. Even if it's just a one or two episode arch. He has a relationship with HBO...but I find myself really really enjoying Reese the older she gets. Since Wild really, I loved her in that.
I used to love Reese early in her career! Did anyone ever see Freeway? She is so demented and hysterical! lol But then after the Legally Blond movies when she got super famous and started doing all the romantic comedies, she seemed to get a little bitchy or something. And then that whole incident with the cop happened and she came off as so spoiled and entitled. But after Wild, I'm back to liking her again. Haha.

Vulture had an article on the BLL renewal and said new characters are being introduced, including this one:

Quote:

• Michael Perkins, a new second-grade teacher at Otter Bay Elementary School who wants to cultivate global and social consciousness in his young students. Renata (Laura Dern) becomes furious when Mr. Perkins’s lessons on global warming causes Amabella to have a panic attack. (Poor Amabella can’t get a break!)

http://www.vulture.com/2017/12/big-l...2-renewed.html
Taylor would definitely fit, based on that outline. And they need another hot guy.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I don't think I've ever seen Freeway, my first exposure to her was probably Cruel Intentions and then later went back and watched Fear, which was so good. I didn't particularly care for Sweet Home Alabama era Reese but I've liked her recently.

That sounds like a perfect role for Taylor...probably not big enough for him though, unless he's going to have an affair with one of the leads or something.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread