Old 10-01-2017, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Dr. Lewis {The Grand Seduction} #6: Because There Is No Curfew On Apologies

Welcome to The Grand Seduction thread!

in theaters May 30th!

Quote:
The film centers on the small harbor of Tickle Cove, which is in dire need of a doctor so the town can land a contract to secure a factory that will save the town from financial ruin. Village resident Murray French (Gleeson) leads the search, and when he finds Dr. Paul Lewis (Kitsch) he employs — along with the whole town — tactics to seduce the doctor to stay permanently.

available now on DVD!

supporters
taysgurl
Jade Lizabetta Lautner
Donna L. Crawford

worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 07:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Ah, her name is Kathleen. I can never remember her name. And Paul is too nice. She isn't drop dead gorgeous. I mean she's not unattractive but drop dead gorgeous? No...which the actress is actually really really gorgeous so...

From the previous thread:

I love the kakis and button down. His body looks amazing... the hair... the eyes...the skin. Sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I love the kakis and button down. His body looks amazing... the hair... the eyes...the skin. Sigh

The only problem I ever had with him in the dog park was HIM being aggressive with the big dogs, who could clearly destroy him. Thank God that never happened. But I stopped taking him because I realized that if a dog suddenly went nuts and attacked him and I was on the other side of the dog park, there is nothing I could do. I would take him to a small dog park but the only one by me has gravel, which I think is weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
My dream was always to live in Arizona because it's so beautiful there, with the mountains and the cacti and the big, open sky. Now I think it's to live in a small Canadian town. Full of quirky people who all know each other and are polite but take the piss out of each other too. I wouldn't even mind the subzero temps.
Our cottage is in a really small beach town, one of those where everyone kind of knows one another, even if the summer. I know the bartenders up at the one restaurant in town and the ladies at the market in town, same with the gas station and the library in town. It's kind of nice...but it's so desolate up there in the winter, it can get depressing.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 10-01-2017 at 08:02 PM
Old 10-01-2017, 08:05 PM
Addicted Fan

"I'd see if it wants to run on its own"?? LOL Paul what are you talking about??

"I'd be afraid of fungus." OMG I'd forgotten that line!
KitscherSunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The phone sex scene cracks me up, it starts off hot and then he just goes off the rails. His sense of humor is too dirty.

The only time I really think Murray takes this whole thing too far is when he brings his non-existent dead son into the equation. Too far.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:08 PM
Master Fan

I still don't get the whole metaphor, but somehow Taylor makes the scene hot... and the operator ladies are hysterical.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

A little late, but dimples and phone sex.

Old 10-01-2017, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

The frozen fish. That's some funny ****.

And lips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
A little late, but dimples and phone sex.

Old 10-01-2017, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He's so impassioned about the care of the people on the island and his chick just doesn't care...sign number one Paul that she's up to some shady ****.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:14 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Our cottage is in a really small beach town, one of those where everyone kind of knows one another, even if the summer. I know the bartenders up at the one restaurant in town and the ladies at the market in town, same with the gas station and the library in town. It's kind of nice...but it's so desolate up there in the winter, it can get depressing.
Yeah, you kind of always want what you don't have, right? People in small towns dream of escaping, and we big-city folks fantasize about chucking it all and moving to a small town.

I feel bad for Paul that the whole town was joking about his sex life behind his back. So, another way they could've softened Kathleen was to show her truly conflicted about not telling Paul the truth. She does a little in the rain scene, but it's a little too subtle to have an impact.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Absolutely, I always love going up north but then after a weekend I'm over it and want to go back to civilization. Maybe as I get older I'd want to be there more.

Yeah the rain scene is really the only time she kind of softens to him.

Being an extra on this movie would have been fun.

I like the jacket he has on in the bar...I like that whole look. I love him in hoodies.

Old 10-01-2017, 08:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Have we ever discussed who we think is on the other end during the phone sex scene? I mean in real life.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I don't think so, though I always wonder how that works on phone calls in movies. I always just assume it's the actor reading their lines to a dead line and nobody is on the other end of the phone. I'm not sure who the actress is...I'd have to look it up she was probably cast as his girlfriend based solely on her sex phone voice.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:21 PM
Addicted Fan

"It's after 8. Entertainment Tonight's on." He looks so cute!
Old 10-01-2017, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I found this quote from Taylor about the phone sex scene:

Quote:
“I was basically describing me going out to a shed and dusting off my old lawnmower and starting my lawnmower up. That’s what I was describing in a sexual way. It was hilarious and a lot of fun. That’s all improv for the most part. We had to stop, because I’d take it too far.”
Old 10-01-2017, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
"It's after 8. Entertainment Tonight's on." He looks so cute!
He says it so matter of fact...it is adorable.
Reply   Post New Thread