Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2018, 09:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I was thinking more 'present day' actors... and alive... although Robin Williams and Phillip Seymour Hoffman would be on my list if they were still acting. Such a shame... and of course Heath Ledger too. I would add Steve Carell to my list too.
Present day? Just because some of them are old does not mean that they aren’t active. Alive? Some of them are, some not. Talent is timeless.

Want more “present day”?

Add Joaquin Phoenix, Matthias Schoenaerts, Michael Fassbender, Damian Lewis, Jake Gyllenhaal... then.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Not liking the spotlight does not automatically make an actor, a serious actor. It also has to do with the roles and movies he chooses to work in.

Leo is a good actor, but he certainly loves the spotlight. His Don Juan lifestyle says it all.
Blake and Ryan too since they love roasting each other on social media.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
The dirty little (or now not so little) secret in hollywood is that 95% of paparazzi encounters are planned and set up by the celebrities "team". If a celebrity truly wants to disappear and stay out of the spotlight they can and you see how celebrities will be photographed more frequently when they're promoting something or trying to get their name out there. If they want to disappear they can and most do, see Eva Mendes who hid her entire pregnancy, Rachel McAdams also...have we still not seen pictures of George Clooney's twins?

Awards shows, red carpets for a movie, an occasional benefit I'll give them a pass. Leo hitting all the hot celebrity vacation hot spots, sitting court side at the Lakers games next to Jack, parading around with whatever 20 year old model he's currently dating...can't give him that pass. Not that I don't believe he's in it for the acting aspect of it, but he enjoys the celebrity perks just as much.
Mark Wahlberg was actually the first celebrity I ever heard admit this. It was in an interview years and years ago. He said it's possible to live a very normal life without cameras and that every celeb knows where to go to be seen and where to go not to be seen. Of course, this was before social media and camera phones.

I've been having a crisis of faith, so to speak, about Chris Pine in this respect. He has this one persona among his fans -- being low-key, hating the limelight -- but I've seen a lot of him lately with his new actress girlfriend. Some of the photos look staged. Of course, it could be her people with her being an up-and-coming actress. I hate that fake celeb stuff, though.

Kayla, I agree, I think Leo is fantastic! Have you ever seen What's Eating Gilbert Grape? I caught it on cable a few months back (I'd seen it before) and he yet again just wowed me. Well, everyone in that cast is great. It's too bad Johnny Depp's off-screen life/drama has overshadowed just how talented he is.

No one mentioned Denzel. He's like Jeff Bridges -- low-key but always giving brilliant performances. And he stays out of the limelight. Of course, he's also older.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:55 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
Mark Wahlberg was actually the first celebrity I ever heard admit this. It was in an interview years and years ago. He said it's possible to live a very normal life without cameras and that every celeb knows where to go to be seen and where to go not to be seen. Of course, this was before social media and camera phones.

I've been having a crisis of faith, so to speak, about Chris Pine in this respect. He has this one persona among his fans -- being low-key, hating the limelight -- but I've seen a lot of him lately with his new actress girlfriend. Some of the photos look staged. Of course, it could be her people with her being an up-and-coming actress. I hate that fake celeb stuff, though.

Kayla, I agree, I think Leo is fantastic! Have you ever seen What's Eating Gilbert Grape? I caught it on cable a few months back (I'd seen it before) and he yet again just wowed me. Well, everyone in that cast is great. It's too bad Johnny Depp's off-screen life/drama has overshadowed just how talented he is.

No one mentioned Denzel. He's like Jeff Bridges -- low-key but always giving brilliant performances. And he stays out of the limelight. Of course, he's also older.
Kiki put Denzel on her list. He does always give a great performance.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:10 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's always disappointing to see an actor that you like and you think you have figured out and they tout the "I hate celebrity" and then they're on the agency sites daily spotted going to dinner or walking down the street with whoever. I'd be disappointed if Taylor started doing it, but not hate it either because we'd see more of him.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Ha ha ha!

Amanda: Oh I hate it when actors sell out. . .

Also Amanda: ooh more photos of Taylor!
Old 10-26-2018, 08:22 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That's generally my feeling whenever I see pictures of him out and about, most of the time if it's at the airport or outside his hotel in New York I'm always, oh yay pictures of Taylor...but also, I'm sure he hates every second of this.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
That's generally my feeling whenever I see pictures of him out and about, most of the time if it's at the airport or outside his hotel in New York I'm always, oh yay pictures of Taylor...but also, I'm sure he hates every second of this.
I think he dislikes the attention immensely. I can’t imagine him seeking it out, ever. He’s true to himself.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:28 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think sometimes it's part of the deal...the last few sets of pictures of him kind of screamed set up and he was aiming for an Emmy nomination.

I mean as far as on the realm of attention seeking, willing to let a photographer know that you're going to be at a certain restaurant meeting with your manager (or his people probably did it) is pretty low on the fame whoring spectrum. That happens a lot though when angling for a nomination or a role.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)

No one mentioned Denzel.
I did! He was on one of my lists below. I love him.

I am so naive. When I see celebrity pictures, I just think.. "Oh look, there's 'so and so,' living their best life."
Old 10-26-2018, 08:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I did! He was on one of my lists below. I love him.

I am so naive. When I see celebrity pictures, I just think.. "Oh look, there's 'so and so,' living their best life."
I must admit, I'm the same! I suppose I don't give it that much thought, but it wouldn't occur to me that photos would be 'staged'!
Old 10-26-2018, 09:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I think sometimes it's part of the deal...the last few sets of pictures of him kind of screamed set up and he was aiming for an Emmy nomination.

I mean as far as on the realm of attention seeking, willing to let a photographer know that you're going to be at a certain restaurant meeting with your manager (or his people probably did it) is pretty low on the fame whoring spectrum. That happens a lot though when angling for a nomination or a role.
Oh wow, that's interesting. To me Taylor's photos have never looked staged. Well, OK, I did at one point suspect the brunch ones with Rachel were to stir up publicity for True Detective. But I put the blame on her people, not him. That was before I learned how private she is.

So the ones of Taylor meeting with his manager seemed staged to you? What other ones? I'm just curious.

Sorry I missed the Denzel mention, KiKi!
Old 10-26-2018, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The ones where he was drinking iced coffee in front of a coffee shop he goes to pretty frequently when in Santa Monica. That was around the time when he was rumored to be joining True Detective as a motorcycle cop, something like four months before it was announced. He just so happened to be photographed on his motorcycle and those pictures ended up everywhere alongside the rumors about the role. They'll set those things up like that to push for a role.

Rachel brunch pictures were caught by fans so that didn't seem like a set up to me. Them leaving a restaurant separately after having dinner before the series premiered seemed more like a PR set up to generate buzz for the show.

I think there are some spots in LA that he frequents that are just more celebrity friendly places. Kings Road Cafe comes to mind. He's been photographed there a handful of times. I think in that case it's just some place he likes and he's just been caught there a few times unintentionally. He was once photographed there the same day Minka was there but at different times.

I thought the manager pictures were suspicious. Sitting outside at a restaurant that looked like it had very minimal and not ideal outdoor seating. it just wouldn't shock me that after coming off Waco and vying for roles around that time, having him meeting with his manager, looking 'in demand' is kind of a thing.
Old 10-31-2018, 01:55 AM
Elite Fan

Taking about set up promo pics or just celeb life?

With social media and camera phones I don't think I'd want to be most celebs people trying to get paparazzi pics or autographs/vanity shots and the first bad day you have you're suddenly unfriendly and a bad person
Old 10-31-2018, 10:53 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Set up promo pics, like paparazzi pictures that are made to look like a celebrity just so happened to be caught out grabbing coffee or grabbing lunch with someone when they were set up by their people because they're pushing for a role or want more exposure.

Social media is a completely different ball game. That's almost the only time we get to see Taylor when he's not promoting. Fans asking him for pictures when he's home in Austin, and even that's slowed down since he's built his house and moved in there.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread