Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2018, 04:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Taylor definitely doesn't care about the fame. I don't know if he's quite at the Daniel Day-Lewis level but it's been mentioned a few times by interviewers that they're shocked to hear what he's turned down but of course he told them off the record. I'd love to hear what he was offered and what he didn't do.

I have to think there was probably another franchise role in there somewhere that he was either afraid to take after 2012 or just knew that he didn't want that kind of attention.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesask (View Post)
There are some actors who are true thespians and could care less about fame. Like Jason Patric and Daniel Day-Lewis, among a few others.
Jason Patic? I had to look him up to remember what he was in. I do like him though.

That being said... who would you all consider 'thespians?'

Hmmm...

I say:
Daniel Day-Lewis
Denzel Washington
Timothee Chalamet
Tom Hanks
Sean Penn
Robert DeNiro
Leonardo DeCaprio
Bradley Cooper
Matt Damon
Christian Bale
Old 10-18-2018, 03:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I would probably knock a few of those off the list, like it or not they seem to be too involved in the celebrity world/lifestyle. Leo, Matt Damn, Bradley Cooper.

Waco is airing in Spain starting December 3rd, not sure which network.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Taylor definitely doesn't care about the fame. I don't know if he's quite at the Daniel Day-Lewis level but it's been mentioned a few times by interviewers that they're shocked to hear what he's turned down but of course he told them off the record. I'd love to hear what he was offered and what he didn't do.

I have to think there was probably another franchise role in there somewhere that he was either afraid to take after 2012 or just knew that he didn't want that kind of attention.
Oh my gosh, of course Taylor isn’t on the same level as Daniel Day-Lewis, nor will he ever be (even though I really like Taylor), but Daniel is on a league of his own. He’s just the best actor ever. I just mentioned him, because that’s kinda how I see Taylor in regards to Hollywood and the fame.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:02 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

No, I didn't mean that he was at his level of talent, just that he didn't shun the spotlight as much as Daniel did.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
Jason Patic? I had to look him up to remember what he was in. I do like him though.

That being said... who would you all consider 'thespians?'

Hmmm...

I say:
Daniel Day-Lewis
Denzel Washington
Timothee Chalamet
Tom Hanks
Sean Penn
Robert DeNiro
Leonardo DeCaprio
Bradley Cooper
Matt Damon
Christian Bale
He’s a really good actor, but he’s always been low profile, just like his movies.

From the llst you mentioned, I’d only keep Daniel Day-Lewis, Christian Bale, Tom Hanks, Robert de Niro.

Laurence Olivier
Dustin Hoffman
Phillip Seymour Hoffman
Edward Norton
Paul Newman
Peter Sellers
Michael Caine
Peter O’Toole
Gary Oldman
Marlon Brando
Robert Duvall
Gene Hackman
Henry Fonda
Robin Williams
Ralph Fiennes
Kevin Spacey
Jack Lemmon
Kirk Douglas

Those are the ones that come to mind at the moment.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:43 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I’d keep Leo on that list.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesask (View Post)
He’s a really good actor, but he’s always been low profile, just like his movies.

From the llst you mentioned, I’d only keep Daniel Day-Lewis, Christian Bale, Tom Hanks, Robert de Niro.

Laurence Olivier
Dustin Hoffman
Phillip Seymour Hoffman
Edward Norton
Paul Newman
Peter Sellers
Michael Caine
Peter O’Toole
Gary Oldman
Marlon Brando
Robert Duvall
Gene Hackman
Henry Fonda
Robin Williams
Ralph Fiennes
Kevin Spacey
Jack Lemmon
Kirk Douglas

Those are the ones that come to mind at the moment.
I was thinking more 'present day' actors... and alive... although Robin Williams and Phillip Seymour Hoffman would be on my list if they were still acting. Such a shame... and of course Heath Ledger too. I would add Steve Carell to my list too.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Unfair or not I feel like anyone who is in the tabloids and going to hollywood events that don't include the Oscars are immediately just knocked off the list.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

Most of the time, celebs have no control over being in a tabloid.. They could just be minding their own business and a photographer jumps out of the bushes or follows them. What do you mean by Hollywood Event? Like a movie opening or benefit etc??
Old 10-20-2018, 07:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The dirty little (or now not so little) secret in hollywood is that 95% of paparazzi encounters are planned and set up by the celebrities "team". If a celebrity truly wants to disappear and stay out of the spotlight they can and you see how celebrities will be photographed more frequently when they're promoting something or trying to get their name out there. If they want to disappear they can and most do, see Eva Mendes who hid her entire pregnancy, Rachel McAdams also...have we still not seen pictures of George Clooney's twins?

Awards shows, red carpets for a movie, an occasional benefit I'll give them a pass. Leo hitting all the hot celebrity vacation hot spots, sitting court side at the Lakers games next to Jack, parading around with whatever 20 year old model he's currently dating...can't give him that pass. Not that I don't believe he's in it for the acting aspect of it, but he enjoys the celebrity perks just as much.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

I dunno. I would hate to think that they have to live their lives in hiding. I think I'm more impressed with actors who are just out and about living their lives and choose not to be confined to their homes. I honestly never thought of Leonardo that way.. I just thought he was a Laker fan. But I think he's one of, if not, the best actor of this generation so I don't really care where he vacations or who he dates. And its sad that George Clooney can't take his kids out to a park because he doesn't want to be photographed.

The last week or so there have been a ton of pictures of Timothee Chalamet and Lilly Rose Depp all over each other in NYC. He lives here, so he has a right to be out and about in his neighborhood but he had to know that the pictures were going to be all over the place. I wouldn't say it was planned, but he had to have made a conscious decision to go public with his relationship. His fandom is going out of their minds.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Timothee is also currently promoting a movie that he's pushing for awards season...

The social media pictures or fans catching them is one thing. You notice that when celebrities are promoting something there's a flurry of paparazzi pictures. You have celebrities that live quiet lives in NYC and can go months without being photographed. Michelle Williams, Blake Lively or Ryan Reynolds. Then suddenly you'll see them everywhere when promoting. It's all planned.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Timothee is also currently promoting a movie that he's pushing for awards season...

The social media pictures or fans catching them is one thing. You notice that when celebrities are promoting something there's a flurry of paparazzi pictures. You have celebrities that live quiet lives in NYC and can go months without being photographed. Michelle Williams, Blake Lively or Ryan Reynolds. Then suddenly you'll see them everywhere when promoting. It's all planned.
I agree that it would bring their name up and help with sales etc. But I would think it would do the opposite for a serious actor contending for awards. Do you think they are just not going out normally? Because I would hate to think that. Or do you think they are always out and about but go undetected? But make a point of letting paparazzi know when they are about to promote something. Hmm. I never thought about this from these angles before.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I was basing Leo as a thespian just on the acting, not his personal life. I think he’s great!