Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2018, 10:10 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Maybe they want to have it coincide with Emmy voting or right before Emmy voting which would be another month.

I hope he does commentary.

Julia Garner was at The Contenders event as well for Ozarks, but this review of yesterdays Americans acknowledges she has Emmy buzz for Waco as well, which I haven't heard, but hey, if she has Emmy buzz, then Taylor certainly does too.

Quote:
Garner has gone onto big things since her extended arc in Season 4. In recent years, she’s been on “Girls” and “The Get Down,” but 2017 saw her break out even more thanks to a charming turn in Netflix’s “Ozark.” She’s got some Emmy buzz going for the Jason Bateman drama, as well as her performance in the Paramount Network limited series “Waco,” which hit earlier this year.
https://www.indiewire.com/2018/04/am...rs-1201954627/
Old 04-19-2018, 03:46 PM
Master Fan

Was she Michelle in Waco? Emmy buzz? Really?

I was also surprised to see that Laurie Metcalf (who I love) and John Goodman are getting Emmy buzz for Roseanne. They have barely had any lines! ??? Laurie's role has been so weak which I'm disappointed about. But I think Sarah Gilbert has been amazing AND did you see David's return last night? Johnny Galecki was REALLY good.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

She was Michelle. She's really great in Ozarks but she just didn't have a lot to do in Waco, if any of the females are up for supporting roles it would have to probably be Melissa first and then Andrea.

I do wonder if they'll try to submit Michael as supporting. I think it's kind of a no brainer that if it were between Michael and Taylor for that lead nomination it would go to Taylor just because he had the more showy role.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:53 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Waco and Oklahoma City have been all over the news today.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:30 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I saw a few pieces on it just nationally but locally it really wasn't brought up, but it's not as relevant up here. These next few days are always a bit nerve wrecking with Waco/Oklahoma City Bombing/Columbine anniversaries all coming just a few days apart. You always get copycats or people wanting to "honor" that day. It's sick.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:55 AM
Elite Fan

Wow I didn't realize yesterday was the anniversary..

Most TV show seasons come out on DVD like 3 - 4 months after it finishes so I'm not surprised it's not out yet

I'm almost positive they'll put it out on DVD and if it it's a dumb move! This board is proof enough that some will watch it just for Taylor or another actor.

Honestly I thought it was weird that Michael Shannon was first in the opening credits. I have no idea how it works and it could be different
since it's a limited series.

Last edited by Ropetuned; 04-20-2018 at 12:05 PM
Old 04-20-2018, 04:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm just nervous there's not a release date but I'm sure they'll put it out. They would be crazy not to.

I wonder if Michael was just listed first because of name recognition, or I did find out that it's actually negotiated who appears first in credits and is considered the "lead" it's kind of crazy.

The Television Academy is hosting a For Your Consideration panel with the Waco cast in LA on May 9th, Taylor is scheduled to be there along with Melissa, Julia, Paul, Rory and the Dowdle brothers.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:08 PM
Addicted Fan

The release schedules for TV shows on DVD are different than for movies, and can vary widely. It’s been my experience that returning series take months to be released while miniseries can have a much shorter (or longer) window. I’m sure it’ll be released eventually, though, if only because of the star power. Unless there’s some kind of issue over rights or distribution.

I think Indiewire was being overly generous about Julia generating Emmy talk. Not that she wasn’t good, but she barely registered, given Melissa, Andrea and even Camryn Manheim.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

I agree they'd be crazy not to. I'd imagine that they'd sell plenty of copies but what matters if they themselves think that.

I liked the entire cast but the Emmy talk for some of them genuinely surprised me. Even Melissa I don't consider a contender but that's just me.

Relating it for the third time now The first two watches I complained about how sympathetic towards David but as the series goes on his dark side comes out and he's controlling and just a downright jerk
Old 04-20-2018, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think realistically if anyone manages to squeeze out an Emmy nomination it's going to be Taylor or Paul Sparks, maybe John Leguizamo because of name recognition and former Emmy wins, Emmy voters are pretty loyal to past winners. I don't think any of the women were given enough to be nominated.

I should note, I said it's hosted by the Television Academy, but it's noted on the site that Paramount Network is putting it on for members of the Academy, which makes me happy, Paramount is pushing the show and scheduling these events is a good sign for Taylor.

I'm a bad fan, I've still only watched it through once really. I've seen parts of episodes more than once but I have yet to sit down and take it all in at once. I really should too because I'm guilty of really picking his performance apart the first time through and not really taking in the story overall. I should watch it again, it's just such a tough (depressing) watch.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:21 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I saw a few pieces on it just nationally but locally it really wasn't brought up, but it's not as relevant up here. These next few days are always a bit nerve wrecking with Waco/Oklahoma City Bombing/Columbine anniversaries all coming just a few days apart. You always get copycats or people wanting to "honor" that day. It's sick.
Dallas is close enough to both, that the news relives both events.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:21 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think OKC just resonates me more because it's the first world event that I really remember. I remember seeing the Waco compound burning on TV but I don't think I could really grasp what was happening.

I see Melissa fans are super excited about her being there. I'm surprised Michael isn't attending, but maybe he has something else going on or he just doesn't care.

I still think Taylor, Paul Sparks, and John Leguizamo have the best shot at nominations.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I think OKC just resonates me more because it's the first world event that I really remember. I remember seeing the Waco compound burning on TV but I don't think I could really grasp what was happening.

I see Melissa fans are super excited about her being there. I'm surprised Michael isn't attending, but maybe he has something else going on or he just doesn't care.

I still think Taylor, Paul Sparks, and John Leguizamo have the best shot at nominations.
John bugs me. I guess bc he plays weird and messed up characters. I dunno.
Old 04-23-2018, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He's my favorite in Moulin Rouge, but I think just the fact that he's won an Emmy before gives him the advantage. Loyal voters.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:28 PM
Master Fan

I just love John Leguizamo. I thought he was phenomenal in WACO.

Never saw Moulin Rouge.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread