Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2018, 05:56 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)

Did the guitar/singing in the window scene really happen? I feel like that would have been all over the news.
Nothing was on the news. That’s the problem! They wanted the media, the FBI shut them down.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I would guess it did actually happen, but who knows, I don't think they'd take liberties like that. It seems odd but remember that story they told about wanting to somehow squeeze in "Jessie A-Men" the guy that rode up to the door on the white horse...nobody would actually believe that happened either, but it did.

And yeah, the press wouldn't have seen/known that part about David rocking out. They were like 3 miles away.

A little update on Paramount and Waco's ratings.

Quote:
Waco led Paramount Network to a strong start in ratings in its first month (from January 18-February 17).

The first four episodes of the limited series, which premiered January 24, averaged 2.4 million viewers (Paramount Network and CMT, which is simulcasting combined) and a 1.5 rating with Adults 18-49 (1.2 on Paramount Network and 0.3 on CMT). In the 10 PM ET timeslot, Waco’s January 24 premiere is up 318% in Adults 18-49, +274% with Women 18-49 and +206% with Women 18-34 compared to last quarter, as the former Spike TV.

Overall, helped by Waco, Lip Sync Battle and Ink Master, Paramount Network is up 50% in primetime with adults 18-49 (0.4 rating) and +44% with Women 18-49. It’s also up 21% in Total Day viewership since its January 18 launch vs. last quarter average.

Waco tells the story of the federal siege on David Koresh’s Branch Davidian compound, with Taylor Kitsch starring as Koresh. The cast also includes Michael Shannon, Andrea Riseborough, John Leguizamo, Melissa Benoist, Paul Sparks, Shea Whigham, Rory Culkin, Julia Garner and Camryn Manheim.
Paramount Network Off To Strong Ratings Start In First Month | Deadline

Last edited by worthyoflove; 02-22-2018 at 07:30 PM
Old 02-22-2018, 10:34 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I really dislike the wife beaters. They turn me off.

I would think it happened, or they wouldn’t have added it.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He looks so skinny, I can't imagine how much he couldn't eat to stay at that weight. I could not do it.

If I had to guess I'd say it was probably exaggerated. Like maybe he was playing while the generator was on and rocking out and they could hear the music from outside but he wasn't like spotlighted in the window.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I would be sooo hangry. And tired. He had to be so exhausted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
He looks so skinny, I can't imagine how much he couldn't eat to stay at that weight. I could not do it.

If I had to guess I'd say it was probably exaggerated. Like maybe he was playing while the generator was on and rocking out and they could hear the music from outside but he wasn't like spotlighted in the window.
Old 02-24-2018, 03:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He said it was even harder to come out of this than it was Bang Bang Club, mentally, that's saying something. I can't imagine being in the headspace of a guy like this for four months and then just having to turn it off. I'm glad he has a good therapist.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm watching the current season of Homeland and they basically just set up for a Waco esque situation this past episode. It's kind of crazy that something like this is still even relevant today.

So, I'm pretty sure that this should be included on the soundtrack.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 02-25-2018 at 09:59 PM
Old 02-26-2018, 03:51 PM
Master Fan

I'm very uncomfortable with my feelings about this. Hot or not? I can't decide.

Old 02-26-2018, 04:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

No, no, should not be, but super super hot. Especially when he lets out the first, emphatic, "oh, I still believe."
Old 02-26-2018, 04:14 PM
Master Fan

I love his chicks standing up against the wall, jammin'.

Speaking of singers. I don't think I've ever heard Marc actually sing. He totally reminds me of Jeff Keith. I'm going to have to see him live sometime.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:47 PM
Addicted Fan

I finally finished episode 5. I thought it was the best so far. Except ... the singing in the window part and Paul's call to his sister saying, "If they say we've committed suicide.." both felt so contrived. Both events might've actually happened, but the average viewer isn't going to know that.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I know Steve Schenider's sister did have contact with him in the compound and was outspoken about them not committing suicide and that they were "backed into a corner" I just don't know when or how the phone conversation happened.

I have to believe the guitar solo was absolutely exaggerated.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I can't believe the last episode is tonight. I don't think seeing Koresh die is going to bother me, but the kids is going to be tough.

Old 03-01-2018, 03:37 PM
Master Fan

I haven't watched the finale yet. I don't want Taylor to be over yet!
Old 03-01-2018, 03:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I watched it and bawled through the last 20 minutes. That was really really hard to watch but Taylor was so good, again. The manic side of Dave really shown through in this episode.

I still think that it was rushed and they should have given it a few more episodes to get into further detail about certain things.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread