Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2017, 03:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

David Koresh [WACO] Thread #4: Because Taylor Is Almost Completely Unrecognizable as David Koresh

Welcome to 'WACO' Thread #3

Teaser Trailer

Taylor Kitsch - David Koresh
Melissa Benoist - Rachel Koresh
Michael Shannon - Gary Noesner
Rory Culkin - David Thibodeau
John Leguizamo - Robert Rodriguez
Andrea Riseborough - Judy Schneider
Paul Sparks - Steve Schneider
Julia Garner - Michelle Jones
Demore Barnes - Wayne Martin
Cameron Manheim - Balenda Thibodeau

Last edited by worthyoflove; 11-20-2017 at 04:27 PM
Old 10-10-2017, 03:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

If you want we can move the Weinstein talk to the Rally Girls thread, but it still seems relevant here.

From the last thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
He can't say.. "I didn't know anything about it so I thought "****" and that's it."
No he absolutely needs a well thought out honest response to this. Harvey isn't coming back, speaking out against him isn't going to hurt him and he needs to take a stance with the Waco connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
Matt Damon is denying the claim that he tried to get a story killed years ago.

Matt Damon Bares feelings On Harvey Weinstein abuse charges | Deadline

Harvey not only derailed their careers but caused them so much emotional pain. A lot of people say they feel guilt and shame, both the victims and the employees he exploited to set up these meetings but who never spoke out because of fear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
He doesn't deny that he was asked by Harvey to speak on behalf of the man that they were doing the story on that was later squashed though. Maybe he didn't know the implications behind the story and the producer he was vouching for was nothing more than essentially a pimp for Harvey.

I'm sorry, I just don't believe he didn't know. Not with his ties to Gwenyth, not with his ties to Ben, who knew, George, who admitted he'd heard things.

There was some speculation that Matt knew this story was coming after E! did some profile on him a few days ago about being the perfect man in Hollywood and work life balance, it seemed like such a fluff piece and now seems like it was probably planned to offset this mess.

And it's completely understandable. I know there's a lot of anger over people not standing up to him but outside of his brother (who reportedly wanted Harvey out and facilitated these stories) who actually had the power to get rid of him? As a predator of women he was in the perfect position of power. He was a Hollywood elite, who is going to speak out against him in fear of their career. I mean if Gwenyth and Angelina didn't come out and speak about it until a few very very strong women admitted to the abuse, who was going to do it? Those are two A-listers from Hollywood connected families and even they were threatened by his power. It's so sad.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

I just saw a preview for the Elizabeth Smart Story. So many ****ed up true stories out there.

I am not going to comment on the Matt Damon situation after this post. I just want to say that it's deeply upsetting to me, more so than if it were Taylor's name being thrown out there. I'm sure Matt knew at least some, as did 100s of others and Amanda said it well when she said ALL actors were probably intimidated and feared for their careers when it came to him, AND the brother seems to be the only one capable of bringing him down. I know that Matt would never go out of his way to defend or support this man if he knew the extent of his abuses. Matt has 4 daughters. He clearly made some uniformed choices and stupid ones too.

Last edited by elherts; 10-10-2017 at 07:12 PM
Old 10-10-2017, 07:53 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I just saw a preview for the Elizabeth Smart Story. So many ****ed up true stories out there.

I am not going to comment on the Matt Damon situation after this post. I just want to say that it's deeply upsetting to me, more so than if it were Taylor's name being thrown out there. I'm sure he knew at least some, as did 100s of others and Amanda said it well when she said ALL actors were probably intimidated and feared for their careers when it came to him, AND the brother seems to be the only one capable of bringing him down. I know that Matt would never go out of his way to defend or support this man if he knew the extent of his abuses. Matt has 4 daughters. He clearly made some uniformed choices and stupid ones too.
Matt mentioned his daughters. But when I read your comment, I thought of this article.

Stop Mentioning Your Daughters When You Denounce Harvey Weinstein

Article aside, Matt's explanation seemed very reasonable to me -- until, that is, someone brought up his campaigning so hard for Casey Affleck during awards season, and refusing to allow reporters to even bring up the sexual-harassment case(s).

I'm not beating up on Matt, though. No one is perfect. And people don't always make the right choice. And yes, everyone knew, but again I say they might not have known the extent of it. Some probably even thought the actresses were OK with it. Gretchen Mol wrote a piece today saying that despite the years of rumors, she did not sleep with Harvey to get work.

Anyway, I just want to mention one more thing and it's Taylor related: Benedict Cumberbatch came out with a statement denouncing Harvey today as well, and here's how the article described him:

Quote:
Benedict Cumberbatch, who is starring in the Weinstein Company-produced The Current War, has provided a statement to The Hollywood Reporter about the allegations being leveled at Weinstein.
It made me wonder if Taylor (or Michael or John) will feel required to release statements, or if removing Harvey as an executive producer so quickly will shield Waco from the controversy once promotion starts.

I think the Harvey stuff belongs here, since Waco and Taylor are at least indirectly linked it. But we can always move on if people are tired of discussing it.

Also I'm sorry you're so upset about the Matt rumors, KiKi. I don't mean to beat up on him or make you feel worse.

Last edited by KitscherSunk; 10-10-2017 at 08:03 PM
Old 10-10-2017, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

Well that's bull****. Of course a man is going to be more sensitive to women's matters once he has daughters. Why wouldn't he be?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
Matt mentioned his daughters. But when I read your comment, I thought of this article.

Stop Mentioning Your Daughters When You Denounce Harvey Weinstein

Article aside, Matt's explanation seemed very reasonable to me -- until, that is, someone brought up his campaigning so hard for Casey Affleck during awards season, and refusing to allow reporters to even bring up the sexual-harassment case(s).
He was a producer on Manchester by the Sea, so of course he is going to campaign for Casey Affleck, especially since he has known him since he was a little boy. I never heard of him refusing to discuss the allegations against Casey. If he did, it was him trying to keep the two separate for obvious reasons, just as we hope they do for Taylor and Waco.

And it does make me feel worse each time you post negative stuff about him, obviously. But you are entitled to your own opinion and you are entitled to discuss. I just need to stop looking and reading I suppose.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I don't want you to feel bad about Matt and trust me, if it were Taylor I'm sure I'd want to defend him to the bitter end.

It was widely reported in Variety, New York Times, etc. that Matt stuck closely to Casey during the awards season push to help avoid bringing up the sexual assault conversation with Casey. This article kind of breaks it down. https://www.thecut.com/2016/11/why-t...ont-stick.html

I get it, he's like family to him, it's business, it's Hollywood. But I fear it's going to be a bumpy road for Ben and Matt in the near future all the articles are coming out now and their connection to Casey and they're all kind of linked together. Someone pulled up some video footage of Ben Affleck groping Hillary Burton's breast back when she was like 19 years old on TRL. Hillary tweeted about it today saying she had to laugh so as not to cry. Not looking good for him...

I don't know that Taylor will have to release a formal statement. I think Benedict's movie comes out soon, right? But who knows, Taylor is a producer as well so maybe he will release a statement.

And I get what the article is saying about having daughters shouldn't be the reason that you're suddenly enlightened to women's issues. That is the issue!
Old 10-11-2017, 04:39 AM
Master Fan

I had a big response written out but I think I will try to just keep the discussion Taylor related.

I'm still sticking with the fact that he was a producer on the movie and needed to separate the two. The whole family angle makes it harder. He SHOULD have come out and denounced abuse at least. As I guess Taylor should do since he is in the same situation, being a producer and actor on a film that is largely funded by and represented by Harvey Weinstein. What do you think Matt should have done? What do you think Taylor should do?

I GET what the article is saying, but No matter what, having daughters is going to make any guy understand women better and sympathize stronger. Just like when someone here brought up the fact that Taylor was raised by a single mother and has three sisters. One of you said that just the other day in connection to the Weinstein situation. Someone better make sure he gets the memo NOT to talk about this.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:24 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think he should read up on it, have a thoughtful put together response about balance of power and the use of it in the industry. Don't bring up sisters, aunts, moms any of that, everyone has a woman in their life that they care about, Harvey has daughters and a mom he adored, didn't make him immune to the type of behavior everyone else with daughters is disavowing.

He better know how often he had contact with Harvey and better not lie about "knowing" whether he'd heard whispers or not because everyone who has said they didn't know is basically being dragged and in some cases (Ben Affleck) past behavior is even being looked into further.

The good news is Taylor is only recently tied to Harvey it's not like he has a 20 year working relationship with him like others.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He's going to have to formulate a response. This isn't going away. The media will want to know what Taylor knows.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He will be in New York next week so hopefully he'll have a better answer prepared by then.

Some Waco mentions in relation to the Weinstein story.

Quote:
Paramount already removed Weinstein's name from press materials and credits for the three upcoming projects that were connected to the Weinstein Co., a spokesperson for Spike TV/Paramount Network confirmed to the Daily News.

Weinstein Company's future a mystery amid boss' sex abuse scandal
The three Paramount projects connected to TWC were, "Yellowstone" starring Kevin Costner, "Waco" starring Michael Shannon, Taylor Kitsch and John Leguizamo and a documentary on Trayvon Martin titled "Rest in Power: The Trayvon Martin Story."

The Weinstein Co. is reportedly planning on removing Harvey's name from existing and future projects and changing the name of the company, a studio insider told the Associated Press.
Networks reconsider Weinstein Co. projects amid Harvey scandal - NY Daily News

Quote:
Meanwhile, TWC's upcoming TV slate includes Paramount Network's Waco miniseries and Taylor Sheridan drama Yellowstone — both of which will help the Viacom cable network rebrand from Spike in January. Waco is said to have already completed production, while the Kevin Costner starrer Yellowstone is about half-done. Also half-completed is a Trayvon Martin docuseries from TWC and Weinstein's former adviser, Lisa Bloom.
Amazon "Reviewing" Weinstein Co. Series Amid Staff Concerns (Exclusive) | Hollywood Reporter
Old 10-11-2017, 07:04 PM
Addicted Fan

I won't say anything else about Matt or Ben.

I just saw this article and came to post it. I think all the finger-pointing and shaming is getting out of hand. However horrible he is in real life, he's been involved in some great projects. And some of these same people stand by Woody Allen and Roman Polanski. Plus, killing TWC projects just because his name was on them would potentially put hundreds of people out of work.

I was the one who brought up Taylor mentioning his mom and sisters as a way for him to possibly respond to questions about his relationship with Harvey. I wasn't saying he should, I was just suggesting it as something he could add to his statement.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yeah Amazon is dumping the Weinstein project but is moving forward with their Woody Allen project so...that's been pointed out quite a few times.

I'm just glad Waco is already made, it could be a different story if it were pre-production.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:25 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It seems like every female actress that came across Harvey has a story including Minka.

Quote:
minkakelly I met Harvey at an industry party. The following day, my agent said he wanted to see me for a general meeting. The location was set for his hotel room. I wasn’t comfortable with going to his room & said so. The following day, we sat down with an assistant in the hotel restaurant. He bull**** me for 5 minutes re: movies he could put me in, then asked the assistant to excuse us. As she walked away, he said, "I know you were feeling what I was feeling when we met the other night” and then regaled me with offers of a lavish life filled with trips around the world on private planes etc. IF I would be his girlfriend. Or, “We could just keep this professional.” All I knew was not to offend this very powerful man and to get out of the situation as quickly as possible. I told him while flattered, I'd like to keep things professional. He said “Fine. I trust you won't tell anyone about this.” I said “Of course not. Thank you so much for taking the time to meet with me,” - the only way I could think to shut it down gracefully and excuse myself.
I immediately told my agent what happened. We marveled at his audacity, reinforced my instinct not to offend him & laughed at how glad I was to get out of there. Neither of us were that surprised as this wasn’t far off from the day-to-day bull**** of being an actress.
I'm sorry for obliging his orders to be complicit in protecting his behavior, which he obviously knew was wrong or he wouldn’t have asked me not to tell anyone in the first place. For making him feel ok about the gross things he was saying and that I felt my only route was to say I was flattered. For not insisting that my reps never allow anyone to take a meeting in a hotel room (with him or anyone else), because I honestly don’t know what might have happened if I’d just showed up as originally scheduled.
I am appalled for all the women being told these occurrences are in any way their fault. No more Harvey Weinstein in Hollywood does not solve the problem but maybe the more voices sharing their stories and adding support to the countless women and men who have suffered through abuse of power, the less it will be tolerated.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:37 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I hate this for all these actresses.
I wonder if she ever shared this with Taylor? I want to say no, just bc he seems so protective, and I have a hard time seeing him working with Harvey if he knew this. I realize you can't always choose, and Harvey is a big name in Hollywood, but I would think if he knew and had the choice, he would not.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

A lot of it probably depends on when she met with him. Was this early early FNL days, then Taylor probably knew. Was it post FNL, then probably not. But who knows. Her story seems more typical Hollywood male crap but it's still disturbing.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread