Old 11-12-2018, 05:52 PM
Loyal Fan

It's horrifying.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I have a friend who lives, actually not far from where Taylor's condo was, but they're not up in the hills and in the marina and doing fine. It's crazy how fast this one came up. I can't imagine losing everything like that. The stories up north with the Camp Fire fire, the people literally jumping out of their cars to make a run for it is terrifying.
That’s what happened to her! She had to get herself and the kids out to the car and run! Someone in an RV piked them up on the road.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:36 AM
Loyal Fan

This is adorable/sad

Old 11-13-2018, 02:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Edited again! Basically, Donut posted a picture of a letter his daughter wrote to Mack, but the link keeps being censored!

This is adorable/sad

Edited!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqGz5G8*...d=h4y550nvxals

I know how to properly link an Instagram post, however, the code is censored as the random arrangement of letters accidentally almost makes an expletive!
Old 11-13-2018, 08:38 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yeah, unfortunately because of the random use of letters in the IG post it's being censored and not posting properly.

Here are screen shots of the notes:

Old 11-13-2018, 04:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Obviously I clicked on Mack's profile after seeing Donut's post. It is so incredibly sad. He just seemed so full of life. Everything to live for. . .
Old 11-14-2018, 04:02 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I remember creeping on his social media after we found out Taylor would be playing him and felt bad about it. He did seem so full of life.
Old 11-17-2018, 06:02 PM
Master Fan

Awww. That's so sweet.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I keep having the urge to watch OTB, but just can't even bring myself to do it with the news out of Paradise. That death toll is unimaginable. What a terrible way to go.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:59 PM
Addicted Fan

That letter to Mac is so very sweet, and so heartbreaking.

Sorry this is so late. PBS' "Independent Lens" program had a documentary on forest firefighters. It's called "Wildland." I have IL set up to record, which is how I caught it. I watched it last night and it's good but it felt too short at just an hour. The full movie doesn't seem to be up on the site, but there is a trailer and clip. IL does reruns so if I see it's gonna be on again, I'll try to let you guys know well ahead of time. Or maybe check your local listings since they might be different than mine and it hasn't played there.

Wildland | Venture Through Hell Alongside Firefighters | Independent Lens | PBS
Old 11-20-2018, 05:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Oh that looks interesting. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Wow that is a thankless job. I mean people seem to be more aware of Wildland Firefighters but I will admit to not even knowing there was a difference between regular firefighters and Hotshots.
Old 12-02-2018, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

So, you know I've been on a Rami Malek kick. I saw Bohemian Rhapsody twice and the actor who played Roger Taylor, Ben Hardy, really stood out to me. Through all the interviews I've watched, I kept thinking that he looked so familiar. I finally figured it out.

These two absolutely hate social media and this interview was probably torture for them. They kind of come off as a-holes, but honestly you can tell they are so annoyed to have to do this and I think they are adorable. I read that Rami's people wanted him to do the whole social media thing but he refused. He does have accounts but doesn't use them really. Charlie does not have any accounts at all. I really wonder if Taylor was "forced" to open his Instagram account.

Another interesting tidbit that I came across while stalking Rami Malek, was a round table he did with several actors, one of them being Cuba Gooding Jr. Cuba admitted that he turned down roles such as Hotel Rawanda because he didn't want to play the character, but now he realizes that he should focus on the producers and directors when choosing roles. He said after turning down several roles like that, he was booted off the a-list. Timothee Chalamet has said many times that he chooses projects by the creators, directors etc. (BTW he just signed onto a big Wes Anderson film with a big cast). I wonder if Taylor thinks this way too. I would say that he absolutely does.

Last edited by elherts; 12-02-2018 at 04:06 PM
Old 12-02-2018, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I wondered how Taylor was set up with this current director/writer through Taylor Sheridan or how it came about. I'm always interested in how these connections happened. Whether they approached Taylor or if it was a collaborative effort.

As far as choosing it based on past work, I think that actually kind of got him into trouble in the past. Doing those projects with Pete, or at least Battleship, really backfired.

I don't want to say that he was forced to start an instagram, but I bet he was pushed to do it. And if he had to have social media instagram was probably the best choice for him.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:39 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

His love affair with Pete bit him on the arse for sure. BUT, Lone was a great move. I think Taylor very much considers who he would be working with, but the character he’ll play as well.

Cuba made some poor choices. I can see how if Hollywood felt snubbed or slighted by him, they would cut him off. Taylor has never played that game, and doesn’t seem too interested in joining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I wondered how Taylor was set up with this current director/writer through Taylor Sheridan or how it came about. I'm always interested in how these connections happened. Whether they approached Taylor or if it was a collaborative effort.

As far as choosing it based on past work, I think that actually kind of got him into trouble in the past. Doing those projects with Pete, or at least Battleship, really backfired.

I don't want to say that he was forced to start an instagram, but I bet he was pushed to do it. And if he had to have social media instagram was probably the best choice for him.
He was soooo against! I feel ,Ike someone had to talk him into it. Even in interviews a yr ago, he was adamant he had no social media and never would. I am sooo glad he does! His account is gold.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Re: the Cuba thing...I do wonder if that was part of the pressure Taylor felt when coming right off of Friday Night Lights not being able to turn down those offers. What kind of message is it sending to Hollywood if he's turning down Disney for a franchise or someone who essentially made him (Pete).

I think it's encouraging that he seems to have a good relationship with just about every producer/director he's worked with. You never hear horror stories about him. But I do wonder if some of the things he has turned down has limited what he's offered. After awhile do the studios stop calling for the big Blockbusters if he's never shown interest post 2012?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread