Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2017, 02:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Spacey is done for. I wonder how the awards will be affected by this scandal, if it might alter how people vote or think about certain movies. OTB might benefit from it.

Made another 285,000 yesterday and came in at number 7.

Another still.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's hanging in there! Yay!
Old 11-04-2017, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Thor is obviously going to run away with it this weekend. They're predicting it will come in at number 9 at around 1.85 million this weekend.

It'll be interesting to see how it does overseas next weekend.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Thor is obviously going to run away with it this weekend. They're predicting OTB will come in at number 9 at around 1.85 million this weekend.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 11-04-2017 at 09:45 AM
Old 11-04-2017, 11:05 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Thor is obviously going to run away with it this weekend. They're predicting OTB will come in at number 9 at around 1.85 million this weekend.

I'd like to make 1.85 million in two days!
Old 11-04-2017, 12:21 PM
Master Fan

I may see Thor because I do love to look at Chris Hemsworth... that's about it. I have no desire to see Justice League. My nephew is boycotting movies until the new Star Wars comes out on Christmas, so most likely, I won't see either of the super hero movies. My friends would never want to see either of those. I'm making my way through the X-Men movies because of Evan Peters but I just have them on in the background. They're terrible.

Last edited by elherts; 11-04-2017 at 07:02 PM
Old 11-05-2017, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I just really don't like those kind of movies, Marvel/DC movies. I liked The Dark Knight but that's about it. I have no problem with Taylor staying away from them, tbh. It would definitely be the case of seeing a movie just for him if he was ever in another superhero/comic book movie.

Only The Brave finished with another $1.9 million this weekend, in at number 9.

It's also made $1.1 million internationally, though it's in a lot of off the wall countries. It still has not opened in any large markets overseas.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

I watched Days of Future Past X-Men this morning. Evan Peters was only in a short sequence of scenes, important scenes, memorable scenes, he was hysterical and then I should have shut it off. I only half-watched so I was really confused most of the time but I didn't hate it. I know where Taylor learned his wake up scene greatness from.. lol.. Hugh Jackman. I got sucked in because of Hugh, Michael Fastbender, and Jennifer Lawerence. Oh and Peter Dinklage. Great cast. I never saw Michael Fastbender in anything before. I get it now.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I've never seen Fassbender in anything but his history of domestic abuse (granted charges were later dropped) just really turned me off of him. Kind of like I"m not all warm and fuzzy towards Josh Brolin or Emile Hirsch any longer. No passes for abusers.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I've never seen Fassbender in anything but his history of domestic abuse (granted charges were later dropped) just really turned me off of him. Kind of like I"m not all warm and fuzzy towards Josh Brolin or Emile Hirsch any longer. No passes for abusers.
I never heard that... or about Emile Hirsch. I did, unfortunately, hear it about Josh. And his wife at the time was one of my favorite actresses. So thanks for reminding me. I was blinded by his amazing performance in OTB.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's just getting harder and harder to overlook peoples personal lives when it comes to stuff like that. Maybe Josh truly is changed. I know he went to rehab afterward. Emile and Taylor were friendly but since Emile's incident I haven't seen them together (doesn't mean they're not still friends). It happened at Sundance, he was drunk and attempted to choke some female producer, he served jail time.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:55 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I never saw Michael Fastbender in anything before. I get it now.
He's hot and super talented. I was disappointed by the abuse claim though. He's in a movie with James Badge Dale, btw. It's called Shame. Michael plays a sex addict. It's not for everyone but his performance is outstanding.

I saw Thank You for Your Service. It's a painful film to watch. Kayla, you made the right call in skipping it. Also, I didn't realize it was based on real people. As for Miles, he's been likable in all the films I've seen him in. He has great warmth on screen, as well as intelligence and humor (not in this one but others). But I don't know if he has the gravitas to work as the lead in such heavy-hitting dramas. That's not a dig or anything, it's just that I don't know if it's his strength. I haven't seen Bleed for This yet though.

By the way, Haley Bennett plays his wife and she was awful! I was so surprised! She was either miscast or got bad direction, and she and Miles had zero chemistry. Also, I didn't know Amy Schumer was in it in a dramatic role! She plays the wife of a fallen soldier.

Scott Haze is in it too, in a small role.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:25 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So, as a general rule, I'm not a huge comic fan. Then as I say that, I remember watching the original Superman movies as a kid. I've seen most of the Spidermen franchise, and all of the XMen. Although, that series (and Spiderman) was spouse driven. I can't say I would have sought them out if it wasn't for my husband. In, what was almost 17 years of marriage, I was allowed to pick the movie twice. Once was my birthday, he fell asleep. The movie was The Help. Once was for Clerks II, which he wanted to see anyway. I digress.

I don't hate the Xmen. Some are definitely better than others. They play fast and loose with time. Just because a character dies in one movie, that doesn't mean you won't see them again. I will say that Deadpool is the best spin off, if you will. The Wolverine movies should have been better than they were. Logan was absolutely awful!! Not sure how that plot even got greenlighted (green lit?). Anyway. Ugh. It was bad. I *think* my favorite is Xmen First Class. Whichever one it is, Hugh only does a cameo, he says two words; literally, just two and it's hysterical.

When I saw the trailer for Thank You for Your Service and saw him in therapy and discussing what appeared to be suicidal thoughts, I was out for sure. I can't. I just can't. Our anniversary was Friday (17 years), and I've been in a funk all weekend. It didn't help that a fell Friday. Y'all. It would be funny if I wasn't so mad and bruised. As you know, the four legged hell hounds pee where they please at my parents. I came around a corner into the living room to get my stuff to go to bed. Once second I'm walking, the next I am nose to the floor on the ground. I ALWAYS wear my shoes, and I had slipped them off... I still don't exactly know how I did it. I managed to avoid hitting my face and head by putting my arms out (they hurt). I hit my knee (the bad one) and the tops of my feet. That swelled up first and the worst (the right one, which I have broken twice). Oldest minion was in the kitchen, she heard me fall. My crying woke my mom up and she came to help. What I hurt the worst though was my hip. Right where the hip ball meets the socket was super tender.
Sleep was not easy Friday night.

I sent my mom Saturday morning for a homeopathy for sprains and bruises. I took it Saturday and Sunday. My knee didn't bruise, my foot feels better, and the pain in my hip is now dull where it was "take your breath way" sharp. So, all in all, I think I'm fine. It was a bit uncomfortable to drive baby minion to school this morning. If all I got from it was a 2 days of discomfort, I'll take that as a win.

I truly hate all these stories. I hate that it's so prevalent. Maybe that's what it's going to take for people to see it's not just a creepy old guy on the internet, it's people we've looked up to and admired. It's not just a scantly clad college girl who was "asking for it" because of how she was dressed, it's professionals being harassed at their jobs. There is going to have to be a cultural shift in thinking. Boys have been taught that this behavior is okay. We have to end that mentality. It's not okay. It's not cute. It's not funny. It has to stop.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:19 AM
Addicted Fan

OMG! I'm so sorry to hear about your fall, and at such an emotional time on top of it. I know that no amount of "I'm sorry's" can take the pain away. But just know that I'm here for you, in any way you need. I'm sure the other ladies feel the same.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:08 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
I don't hate the Xmen. Some are definitely better than others. They play fast and loose with time. Just because a character dies in one movie, that doesn't mean you won't see them again. I will say that Deadpool is the best spin off, if you will. The Wolverine movies should have been better than they were. Logan was absolutely awful!! Not sure how that plot even got greenlighted (green lit?). Anyway. Ugh. It was bad. I *think* my favorite is Xmen First Class. Whichever one it is, Hugh only does a cameo, he says two words; literally, just two and it's hysterical.
I know baby minion said he thought it looked dumb, but try the new Spider-Man that came out this summer. It's fun, the actors are younger so they're more relatable to kids, and Michael Keaton is great too.

I also finally watched Wonder Woman, and I recommend that one too. Gal Gadot is somehow both stunningly gorgeous and totally adorable. And Chris Pine is ... In fact, I couldn't stand him for ages lol but I've seen the light. It's why I decided to give WW a proper chance. I didn't finish it before because I thought the message was so simplistic and corny. But these days, I think we could all use some entertainment where the people are decent and kind, and where love wins out over hate.

Meanwhile, Diane Lane was on the Chew today, as pretty and sweet as ever. I realized just how much the abuse allegations against Josh really cooled me on him. I was a fan of his also before they married, and I used to love them as a couple and they seemed like great friends. It goes to show that you just never know.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread