Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2017, 08:36 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I have yet to see Miles' other movie trailer but it is weird that they'd put two of his movies out back to back like that.

I'm still perplexed why they're having the LA premiere on a Saturday. That's really unusual.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The trailer is enough to know it'll be a tear jerker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I have yet to see Miles' other movie trailer but it is weird that they'd put two of his movies out back to back like that.

I'm still perplexed why they're having the LA premiere on a Saturday. That's really unusual.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

I've been published locally, small circulation, mostly expository stuff. My dream is to publish a fiction novel, which I have worked on over the years, but haven't really had time to concentrate on. It's really like a needle in a haystack to have a book published without connections. I love my day job, so that's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
Good luck with the class tomorrow night! Have you ever had anything published yourself?

Miles' other movie opens just one week after this one. That's gonna be an interesting time for him. The trailers are targeting the same audience, too.
We kind of had that with Taylor but luckily they moved OTB back (right?)
Old 09-25-2017, 06:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Writing a novel would be a dream, but I'm not sure I have the attention span to get through writing something from start to finish.

And yes! Before Sony took over distribution of OTB it was scheduled to come out the week after AA.

They're having an early premiere of OTB in Tempe, AZ on the 10th of October.

Bill's Newscast: "Only the Brave"
Old 09-25-2017, 07:26 PM
Addicted Fan

Miles' other movie is titled Thank You For Your Service. Here's a real contrast in marketing. This is trailer #1 and trailer #2 (the most recent, with the Shania song but minus her intro that played in the theater).

I've seen both on the big screen. The first one made me excited to see it, but the second one is too heavy-handed in my opinion.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Is the female lead the girl that was in Girl on the Train? She kind of looks like JLaw.

You have to be so careful promoting something as upbeat or feel good only to have people show up to a tear jerker. That was my worry with the more upbeat OTB trailer.

Watching OTB's mentions and literally 9 times out of 10, and I'm not exaggerating people ask if this is Smokejumpers finally being made or some type of Entourage mention is made. Sony has a bit of a problem. But I did notice today they plastered across the top Based on a True Story through the entire thing...

Old 09-27-2017, 04:00 PM
Addicted Fan

I've seen TV commercials for this nearly every day the last 4-5 days. But I've also seen lots for The Snowman and Madea's Halloween or whatever it's called. And then there's Geostorm, the disaster movie. That's going to be a busy weekend! And it seems like all the movies are in heavy promotion mode early because they know it's going to be busy.

All the current talk about patriotism has me wondering if that's going to help OTB. The Snowman does look pretty good, too, though. And Lord help me, but I laughed during the Madea commercial. OTB is of course No. 1 on my list. But I might see The Snowman too. I love Michael Fassbender.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:03 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I haven't seen a ton of commercials for it, to be honest, which is surprising because I watch a lot of sports and that seems to be their audience. I saw it during the Emmys and I saw it during Monday Night Football, but I always catch it like half way through before I realize what it is. I'm so used to being triggered by the RAM music, I haven't got the OTB trailer memorized yet.

It'll be a tough week, there's a lot coming out. I don't think it'll be number one but it's still projecting around 16 million opening weekend.

The premiere in LA is a week from Saturday, so we should start seeing press pick up.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:07 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I've seen it during football. I don't watch much else that has commercials. We all know I abhor them and typically never watch anything in real time anyway. I'm not a good gauge for this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I haven't seen a ton of commercials for it, to be honest, which is surprising because I watch a lot of sports and that seems to be their audience. I saw it during the Emmys and I saw it during Monday Night Football, but I always catch it like half way through before I realize what it is. I'm so used to being triggered by the RAM music, I haven't got the OTB trailer memorized yet.

It'll be a tough week, there's a lot coming out. I don't think it'll be number one but it's still projecting around 16 million opening weekend.

The premiere in LA is a week from Saturday, so we should start seeing press pick up.
Ready for more press, even if Taylor isn't.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He's probably so not ready for more press but at least we know he's passionate about these next two projects and I'm sure he's ready to talk about Chris and let people know who he is.

I'd guess this guy saw the movie today...gut punch, I'm sure...

Some of the cast is attending a premiere in Colorado on October 11th, though Taylor is not listed as one that is attending.

Quote:
On June 28, 2013, lightning struck lands near the small town of Yarnell, Arizona, erupting them into flames and igniting a wildfire. On June 30, the fire had quickly spread and the Granite Mountain Hotshots — a group of elite firefighters trained to fight out-of-control wildfires — battled what is now recorded as one of the deadliest wildfires in US history. Of the 20 hotshots that battled the fire, only one survived.

Four years later, the story of these men and their fight with the Yarnell Hill Fire has been made into a feature film. Starring Josh Brolin, Miles Teller, Jeff Bridges, James Badge Dale, Taylor Kitsch and Jennifer Connelly, Only the Brave will make its nationwide debut on October 20. But on October 11, there will be a special screening of the movie right here in Denver. And while the screening is private, there will be a public red carpet with appearances from Brolin, Teller, Connelly and Badge.

In addition to members of the cast, the only surviving Hotshot, Brendan McDonough, will be at the private screening at the UA Colorado Center. The film’s Denver screening is intended to honor local first responders and will have an attendance made up largely of Colorado firefighters, EMTs and police officers. The cast will also be doing a special introduction to the screening for the audience.

Local first responders are an integral part of the Colorado community and Denver was chosen as one of the premiere locations because of how strong that community is here in Colorado. From battling our own state wildfires to helping with disaster relief — even traveling to Houston for Hurricane Harvey relief and aid — the women and men that make up our fire departments, EMTs and police departments are vital. September 27, was officially declared “First Responder Appreciation Day” in Colorado after a bill was signed and passed by the Senate to “recognize and honor all first responders who put their lives on the line daily to serve and protect the people of Colorado.” Colorado joins 27 other states, including Arizona, in honoring the service of the first responders on September 27.
https://303magazine.com/2017/09/denv...emiere-cast-1/

Last edited by worthyoflove; 09-28-2017 at 08:39 PM
Old 09-29-2017, 05:54 PM
Master Fan

They need to amp up the promotion! Let's Go!
Old 09-29-2017, 05:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's been really quiet. I'd guess next week we'll start to see more? I don't know. I know they've had a ton of TV spots but that's not going to cut it.

3 weeks!
Old 09-29-2017, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

We need press!!
Old 09-30-2017, 01:11 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
They need to amp up the promotion! Let's Go!
That's funny, I've actually seen it everywhere. I see the commercial at least once every day, I've seen the trailer in the theater several times now, and they post on Instagram every day.

One thing though: I need you Entourage fans to fill me in on Smoke Jumpers! Nearly every tweet referencing OTB is a joke about it! So, from the tweets I'm assuming Vinny was cast in a cheesy disaster movie but got fired ...? Why are people comparing OTB to it? Were they wearing the Hotshots' gear?
Old 09-30-2017, 07:45 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I had Taken on last night and randomly, again, the trailer took me by surprise but this was a completely different on. It voiced over saying Miles Teller, Josh Brolin, Jeff Bridges, Jennifer Connelly and then would cut to a shot of each of them. No mention of James Badge Dale or Taylor. Granted it was on Lifetime so maybe they were aiming for a different audience....but, makes me think we're not going to see Taylor doing much press outside of maybe the junkets and premieres for this thing.

Jeff, Miles and Jennifer already have some talk shows lined up, nothing from Josh yet, but I'd assume that will change unless he's filming something.

Jeff will be on Jimmy Kimmel this coming Thursday which makes sense because the OTB junket is supposed to be next weekend in LA. He'll also be on James Cordon on 10/9.

Jennifer will be on James Cordon on 10/10

Miles is scheduled for LIve with Kelly and Ryan on 10/13. His schedule might be questionable because they might want to get his appearances out of the way with his other moving coming out the following week.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread