Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2017, 07:50 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It would be kind of heartbreaking if that was the case. I just don't think Black Label would allow it to happen. I know I'm hanging my hat on the high scores it got when testing but I just can't imagine that with that cast someone wouldn't pick it up.

Someone pick it up, damnit!
Old 04-24-2017, 05:55 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
It would be kind of heartbreaking if that was the case. I just don't think Black Label would allow it to happen. I know I'm hanging my hat on the high scores it got when testing but I just can't imagine that with that cast someone wouldn't pick it up.

Someone pick it up, damnit!
Can Buddy help with this? Buddy! We need you.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Personally, I feel it'll get a theatrical release somehow. It might be small though, which would mean a lot of us wouldn't get to see it. The longer it takes for them to announce a new distributor, it could be either a bad sign that no one else wants it -- or a really GOOD sign that there really is a bidding war going on.

One upside of a Netflix release would be repeat viewing.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:10 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Well, ask and you shall receive. Granite Mountain picked up by Sony, new release date of October 20th.

Just reading the comments in the Deadline article, seems like it was strictly a financial move for Lionsgate, seems like Black Label wants a larger promotional push (good for us!) and Sony would be able to take that risk financially while Lionsgate maybe couldn't.

http://deadline.com/2017/04/granite-...ia-1202076501/

Quote:
‘Sicario’ Sequel, ‘Granite Mountain’ Move From Lionsgate to Sony

Black Label has reached a deal with Sony Pictures to take over distribution of a pair of action-adventure films — “Granite Mountain” and “Soldado” — from Lionsgate for North America and select international territories.

Black Label and Lionsgate have not commented on why their distribution agreement collapsed. But informed sources indicated that disagreements on release dates and marketing strategies were factors.

Lionsgate is retaining the international rights on “Soldado” and on most foreign markets on “Granite Mountain.”

“Granite Mountain,” directed by Joseph Kosinski, tells the true tale of an elite crew of heroic firefighters who battled to save their hometown from a wildfire. Josh Brolin, Miles Teller, Jeff Bridges, Taylor Kitsch and Jennifer Connelly star.

“Granite Mountain” is based on the 2013 Yarnell Hill Fire in Arizona, which killed 19 firefighters. Sony will release the film on Oct. 20 — a month later than Lionsgate’s intended Sept. 22 release date.

“Soldado” is the sequel to Lionsgate’s “Sicario.” Stefano Sollima directs the continuation of the story, with Benicio Del Toro and Brolin reprising their roles in a story of intrigue and double crosses along the border of Mexico.

Sony has not yet dated “Soldado,” which marks the second movie in a potential trilogy. “Sicario,” which also starred Emily Blunt, was released in 2015 and grossed $84 million worldwide.

Black Label Media is headed by Molly Smith, Thad Luckinbill and Trent Luckinbill. In addition to funding “Sicario,” it was also a production company on Liongate’s “La La Land.”

Tom Rothman, chairman of Sony Pictures Motion Picture Group, said in a statement: “It’s rare that a studio gets the chance to pick up two films of such high caliber at once. We have a wonderful relationship with Molly, Trent and Thad, and we’re excited to be in partnership with Black Label on these exceptional movies.”

The films were acquired by Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions. The deal was negotiated by Steve Bersch and Michael Helfand on behalf of SPWA and by Joe Cohen on behalf of Black Label Media. The news was first reported by Deadline Hollywood.
‘Sicario’ Sequel, ‘Granite Mountain’ Move From Lionsgate to Sony | Variety

Last edited by worthyoflove; 04-25-2017 at 03:20 AM
Old 04-25-2017, 11:34 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yay!
Old 04-25-2017, 04:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm glad it happened so fast, a week ago we find out that Lionsgate might not still be on board and boom a week later we have Sony stepping up. I wonder if Blake Label Media leaked that news to pressure Sony to sign on the dotted line before someone else could swoop in. Seems plausible with it happening so fast.

And October 20th! That makes me happiest. Hopefully that means almost two straight months of Taylor overload.

She is a Sony publicist, I asked if she meant Granite Mountain and she replied yes. Seems like she'll be booking his press, yay for that!

Last edited by worthyoflove; 04-25-2017 at 05:07 PM
Old 04-25-2017, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

Ooooooh. What's the red plaid from? Lone?
Old 04-25-2017, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Chon interrogation series. There's five of them.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:29 PM
Master Fan

OMG. I'm dying. He looks SO AMAZING in those. I love #4. So hot. His smile.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's been so long since I watched them, but he does look good.

This was posted on Facebook, this guy worked with Taylor on Granite Mountain on what sounds like a rattlesnake scene. I'm really just posting this here so we can look back when the movie comes out for the pictures he references he will be posting.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I haven't seen these!

Oh I bet Dusty could tell us a few stories.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:25 PM
Addicted Fan

I'll take a pass on pics with rattlesnakes ... even with Taylor in them.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:47 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
OMG. I'm dying. He looks SO AMAZING in those. I love #4. So hot. His smile.
And the eyebrow raise.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:48 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm surprised you guys have never seen those before. They seemed to have been filmed around the time they shot in Indonesia for the end of the movie, in fact that's probably where they were shot.

I know I posted this picture before, or at least a lower quality version of this before. But it deserves to be posted again because, arms.

Old 04-26-2017, 11:35 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

If I hold my finger over the stache, this is a great photo.