Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2017, 09:36 PM
Addicted Fan

Just a few more months until he's back on the big screen. It'll be my first time seeing him in a theater since John Carter!
Old 07-07-2017, 10:42 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The last time I saw him in theaters was The Grand Seduction. I think I saw it three times, it wasn't even in wide release, it was at some local art house theater. It was always me with a bunch of old people.

I like going partly to see the reaction of others. I'm usually not a movie goer.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:17 AM
Master Fan

I've never seen him on the big screen... well Lone Survivor but I didn't know who he was so I don't count that. Why is it that Indy theaters attract so many old people??? lol What was their reaction to Grand?
Old 07-07-2017, 12:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

There were always a good number of people there and they seemed to enjoy it Probably had a bit to do with the time of day I went too. I think it was like morning or afternoon.

I've seen all his movies in theaters, Savages, The Grand Seduction and Lone Survivor I saw multiple times. John Carter and Battleship I went once, on opening day.

I wish we all lived closer so we could go on opening day together!
Old 07-08-2017, 01:35 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I've not seen any of his movies in a theater. I am soo ready!
Old 07-08-2017, 02:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Really? I just love seeing the reaction of the the other movie goers, probably why I see them multiple times. That was especially true with Lone Survivor...
Old 07-08-2017, 09:51 PM
Addicted Fan

I was scared off from seeing Battleship because of the reviews (which I wish I hadn't listened to!) and from seeing Lone because the reviews said it was ultraviolent and I hate realistic blood and gore on screen. But it wasn't that bad.

I think the Grand Seduction only played one or two weeks here in an arthouse theater that's a ways from me, so I couldn't get to it in time. And even as much as I loved the cast of Savages, I didn't want to see it because I swore I'd never see another Oliver Stone movie after Natural Born Killers. It turned my stomach. Yuck.

With me, when one of my crushes is in a movie I sit in the theater smiling all proud. lol In one of Keanu's movies once, though, a couple of women near me were talking about how hot he was and I actually got jealous. lol How DARE they speak about him that way! I'm so weird. lol
Old 07-08-2017, 11:22 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

My very first reaction to Battleship, before I knew any of the actors, was,"A movie based on a board game? Are you serious? I'm out."

I think we wanted to see lone but don't don't get around to it.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:01 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I didn't really want to see John Carter or Battleship for any reason other than going to see Taylor. Savages I was excited about because I'd read the book and really liked it.

I'm sure I'll make an effort to see both AA and GMH on their opening night. I'll even skip out of work early.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I'm sure I'll make an effort to see both AA and GMH on their opening night. I'll even skip out of work early.
I definitely will, but I think I have to go by myself for the first viewing. I would love if they had their premieres in NYC. I would love to try and get tickets for that! That would be amazing, but wishful thinking.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:34 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I definitely will, but I think I have to go by myself for the first viewing. I would love if they had their premieres in NYC. I would love to try and get tickets for that! That would be amazing, but wishful thinking.
That would be awesome! That would be planned already, right? Where would you look to find where the premieres are?
Old 07-09-2017, 02:24 PM
Addicted Fan

I agree, that would be awesome!

I wanted to see John Carter because it was Taylor and because I'd read it was the influence for most of the sci-fi genre, including Star Wars.

I also thought the idea of a Battleship movie was ridiculous, and then the bad reviews "proved" my opinion. But man, I regret not going to see it/him when I had the chance!
Old 07-09-2017, 06:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I don't often agree with critics so I wasn't paying attention to what they were saying. I knew I was going to see it regardless because of Taylor but I hate that reviews have such an influence over people. I would say I agree with reviewers 50 percent of the time.

I have a TV reviewer that I almost always agree with so I always check in to see if he's reviewed it to see what he thinks.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm on a Savages kick, or at least that era, I loved his look during this time.

Old 12-03-2017, 07:31 PM
Master Fan

I love the look too.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread