Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2017, 06:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I don't know who Ed Koch is...but I do love Ross Matthews!

The idea of attempting to pretend to be something because of your sexuality must have been so confusing. I wonder the percentage of the gay community that never tried to sleep with the opposite sex just to see if they were really gay.

The song during the runway show totally sounds like "here come the Men in Black"

So Bruce says he's only been with 3 guys...interesting.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 06:44 PM
Master Fan

That whole scene of him being elected as president is hysterical.

I love Bruce's hairstyle, not the color but the style.

I never caught him saying that this is the 3rd guy he dated that had the disease. I've watched this like ten times now.

Taylor is so great in the bar and then shower scene. I still can't believe he wasn't nominated for an Emmy.

Classy moment.

Red undies.

Last edited by elherts; 02-19-2017 at 06:52 PM
elherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

More red...it was talked about a lot that he wasn't nominated. Most thought he should have been nominated over Jim Parsons, but he's an Emmy darling.

The other guy, I can't remember his name, I feel bad I can't, the one that gives the really moving monologue later in the movie, Joe Montello, maybe...he was pretty much nominated for that one monologue scene.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:49 PM
Addicted Fan

The site's really slow for me so I'm behind in the conversation I just typed something and the page crashed and I lost it all.

I wonder if the real Bruce ever knew Ned had feelings for him or ever acknowledged it.

I never knew until recently that even the flu vaccines can have different "ingredients." Certain areas (Low-income areas?) get a type that contains a more potentially harmful ingredient.

Shower scene -- mole near his right nipple?

I remember Ed Koch but was too young to know the AIDS controversy.

The Men in Black song samples that song in the runway scene. It's called "Forget Me Nots" by Patrice Rushen.

I think the Gay Men's Chorus sounds so beautiful.
KitscherSunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I don't know who Ed Koch is...but I do love Ross Matthews!

So Bruce says he's only been with 3 guys...interesting.
Ed Koch was the mayor of New York City for 3 terms. I always thought of him as beloved but this movie doesn't shed him in the best light.

I don't know if he said he's ONLY been with three guys or if he said the last three guys he's been with had AIDS.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think he said I've been with three guys, and then he says that each of them had the disease. I took that as he'd only been with three guys. Wouldn't be surprising if he was a veteran, probably suppressed his urges for awhile.

I think he's so great in the boardroom scenes with all the members of the board.

I've never gotten a flu shot, they make me nervous. I know a few people that have gotten really sick from them. I know one girl who was paralyzed for a period of time.

Old 02-19-2017, 06:56 PM
Addicted Fan

All the actors were so good, one could make the case that all of them deserved nominations. I do think Jim Parsons and the other guy were slightly better than Taylor. But given the level of acting, that's not a slight. Matt was a revelation. I do agree that Julia was off for some reason.

I never noticed the red (I've only seen this once), but now I really want to know the story behind it.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's a damn shame Mark didn't win more than just the SAG and Matt only won the Golden Globe.

My problem with Jim is that I can never not see Sheldon.

I think this confrontational scene with Ned and the scene on the plane are Taylor's strongest.

Old 02-19-2017, 07:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
I wonder if the real Bruce ever knew Ned had feelings for him or ever acknowledged it.

I never knew until recently that even the flu vaccines can have different "ingredients." Certain areas (Low-income areas?) get a type that contains a more potentially harmful ingredient.

Shower scene -- mole near his right nipple?

The Men in Black song samples that song in the runway scene. It's called "Forget Me Nots" by Patrice Rushen.
There wasn't a real Bruce, but I do believe he was based on someone.

What you said about vaccines is just a scrape on the surface of all of the problems with vaccines. Things are starting to come out now, but it's frightening.

I have noticed that mole on his chest before.

You guys are aging me. Ugh. The Men in Black theme song sampled Forget Me Knots.

I was in college a good ten years after this films date. At that time it was mostly gay men who were getting the disease. But I remember taking a nap one day, my freshman year, and the news was on saying that Magic Johnson had AIDS. I remember sitting straight up in my bed, shocked as ****. From that day we were all petrified of the disease. So scary.

Taylor plays angry SO well. He needs to work on sad.

Why is Ned being so awful? I get why... but gosh he's an a-hole.

I love Taylor's smirk when they are carrying the couch up the stairs.

Taylor totally should have been nominated.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I really get so angry with them nominating the same people over and over.

He actually wasn't Sheldon-ish in Hidden Figures. But I know what you mean.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
All the actors were so good, one could make the case that all of them deserved nominations. I do think Jim Parsons and the other guy were slightly better than Taylor. But given the level of acting, that's not a slight. Matt was a revelation. I do agree that Julia was off for some reason.

I never noticed the red (I've only seen this once), but now I really want to know the story behind it.
I want to know the story behind the red too.

Really? You thought Jim Parsons was better than Taylor?
Old 02-19-2017, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He does play angry well. He plays being down really well but actual crying sadness he could use some work.

Mark and Taylor have such great chemistry. I know that Taylor said they were pretty fiery on set with each other too.

Quote:
“I have a lot of intense scenes with Ruffalo in which he’s literally trying to make me come out on camera — which is devastating to Bruce. So in between takes we’d be like, ‘You know what, we no doubt have the same goal here, but our approach is incredibly different.’

That was an amazing thing to explore with Ruffalo on set. There’s takes where both of us are crying just standing there. And then there’s takes where, just, I couldn’t be angrier. It was an incredible process to go through with Ruffalo. It’s funny because, you get so — it’s all heightened, in the sense of, in that moment, Taylor Kitsch and Mark Ruffalo, but because you’re so in that moment with him, you truly believe it’s the right way — I’m living that, I’m fighting for his (Bruce’s) POV here. It led to good arguments.” - Taylor KItsch

Old 02-19-2017, 07:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Red undies!

I'll look for the meaning behind the red.

Old 02-19-2017, 07:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
It's a damn shame Mark didn't win more than just the SAG and Matt only won the Golden Globe.

I think this confrontational scene with Ned and the scene on the plane are Taylor's strongest.
Ah, I see. I don't watch the Big Bang Theory so I really only know Jim from this movie. I know he played the same character on stage so maybe that's why he just feels so genuine in the role.

I agree, I think the fight scene with Ned is one of Taylor's strongest, but I do love the bar scene and shower scene. Well, I think he's great in the City Hall scene too.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think he's so great in the boardroom scenes with all the members of the board.

I agree. I just think he was flawless throughout the entire film.

One of my best friend's fathers has Polio. He's one of the strongest and most active men I've ever known! There was nothing he couldn't do.
Reply   Post New Thread