Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2021, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I'm still reading Alison Arngrim's biography. She and her onscreen husband, Percivil were super close. He died of AIDS in 1986 and she was at his bedside. He was in Tampa, Florida at his mothers house and they could not find a funeral home to take care of his body. Ugh. Reminded me of The Normal Heart.
I can't believe we lived through a time where that was a reality.
Old 12-06-2021, 07:57 PM
Passionate Fan

I was scrolling through my guide this weekend and caught the end of this and got immediately drawn in although I’ve seen it several times. I ended up recording another showing of it and spent all weekend slowly watching it. Such a beautiful but sad story. I only intended on watching Taylor’s parts but got sucked into Ned & Felix’s story. The cast for this was amazing and good lord Matt Bomer is a stunning man. Those eyes are hypnotizing.
Crazy4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 11:17 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

This really is such a great movie. I’m glad Taylor got to do it.
Old 12-07-2021, 03:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I have a hard time rewatching this just because the subject matter is just so heavy, the same can be said for Lone Survivor and Only the Brave, well and Bang Bang Club and Waco too.

I haven't seen it in awhile, I might have to do a rewatch of it in the near future. It is a beautiful story.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 08:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Agreed….it would be great if he did something where he didn’t die or the subject matter wasn’t so depressing. I can only watch Battleship or John Carter so many times before losing my mind with the ridiculousness.
Old 12-07-2021, 10:06 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Death is his calling card. It makes it really something special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4books (View Post)
Agreed….it would be great if he did something where he didn’t die or the subject matter wasn’t so depressing. I can only watch Battleship or John Carter so many times before losing my mind with the ridiculousness.
Battleship ridiculous? Say it isn't so.
Old 12-08-2021, 01:06 PM
Passionate Fan

I don’t think it’s too much to ask for him to do something where he doesn’t die or you can’t rewatch it because it’s so depressing. Maybe that’s why he takes longer between projects so he can clear his headspace before moving onto the next gig. If it’s too heavy to rewatch then it must be twice as bad having too be in that mindset while filming.

From our mouths to his ears….please do something a little bit lighter so that we can rewatch endlessly without feeling blah.
Old 12-08-2021, 06:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4books (View Post)
I was scrolling through my guide this weekend and caught the end of this and got immediately drawn in although I’ve seen it several times. I ended up recording another showing of it and spent all weekend slowly watching it. Such a beautiful but sad story. I only intended on watching Taylor’s parts but got sucked into Ned & Felix’s story. The cast for this was amazing and good lord Matt Bomer is a stunning man. Those eyes are hypnotizing.
This is my favorite Taylor performance. My DVR caught it too the other night. I am going to do a full rewatch one night... as soon as I have time. I always said that when I met Taylor I would tell him that this and Bang Bang were my favorites. I've met him twice now and this time I managed to to at least speak, next time I will try a conversation.
Old 12-08-2021, 06:30 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
This is my favorite Taylor performance. My DVR caught it too the other night. I am going to do a full rewatch one night... as soon as I have time. I always said that when I met Taylor I would tell him that this and Bang Bang were my favorites. I've met him twice now and this time I managed to to at least speak, next time I will try a conversation.
you got a pic too! I’m so proud.
Old 12-08-2021, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He's definitely talked about having to get back in a good headspace after certain roles. Bang Bang Club, True Detective...I mean, Waco, I'm sure. I would really love another Grand Seduction role to give us something lighter for sure.
Old 12-08-2021, 08:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Grand Seduction was another favorite & the closest thing to a love story that he’s done. Something similar to that would be perfect & he really needs to consider doing a comedy.

I wouldn’t be able to speak if I met him either so the fact that you could formulate a single word is very impressive.
Old 12-09-2021, 08:15 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

A comedy is something he would be so so good at. Kind of go the Mark Wahlberg route, they have the same comedic timing. I don't get why he hasn't done a straight comedy yet. You'd think with all the heavy material he could use a break.
Old 12-09-2021, 03:55 PM
Passionate Fan

He really does need to expand his portfolio beyond doom, gloom and death. Only the brave showcased his wit but that ending is just hard to watch let alone rewatch.
Old 12-09-2021, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He’d kill a comedy…or a dark comedy. That would be awesome!
Old 12-09-2021, 06:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He needs a comedy and/or some type of romantic movie. Doesn't have to be straight romance but if he did either he'd expand his audience/marketability. But he's also never cared about that.
Reply   Post New Thread