Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2016, 10:47 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

American Assassin Thread #2: Because London is a Great Place to Film

Welcome to the AMERICAN ASSASSIN Thread #2

Quote:
Taylor Kitsch Joining Dylan O'Brien in 'American Assassin' (Exclusive)

Taylor Kitsch will play the villain in American Assassin, CBS Films and Lionsgate's action thriller based on Vince Flynn's best-selling book series that stars Dylan O'Brien and Michael Keaton.

Michael Custa is directing the feature project, which sees O’Brien playing Flynn’s hero Mitch Rapp, an Arab linguistics student who joins the CIA as an assassin after his girlfriend is killed in a terrorist attack. Keaton is playing his reluctant mentor, a Cold War veteran.

When the two are enlisted by the CIA to investigate a wave of apparently random attacks on both military and civilian targets, the tracks lead to a mysterious operative intent on starting a World War in the Middle East.

Kitsch will play the villainous operative.

The movie, which sometimes uses the working title The Long Walk, is targeting a September start with shooting to take place in London and Budapest. Stephen Schiff wrote the script.

Di Bonaventura Pictures and Nick Wechsler Productions are producing.

Senior vp of production Mark Ross and vp of production Alex Ginno are overseeing the project for CBS Films.

The film will be co-financed by CBS Films and Lionsgate with CBS Films handling production and marketing and Lionsgate handling distribution.

Kitsch broke through playing heartthrobby football player Tim Riggins in Friday Night Lights and also starred in the big-budget tentpoles John Carter and Battleship. He appeared in HBO’s acclaimed AIDS drama The Normal Heart and starred in season 2 of HBO’s True Detective.

Kitsch is repped by CAA, Untitled Entertainment and Hansen Jacobson.
Taylor Kitsch Joining Dylan O'Brien in 'American Assassin' (Exclusive) | Hollywood Reporter

CAST
Michael Keaton ... Stan Hurley
Taylor Kitsch ...
Dyan O'Brien ... Mitch Rapp

Last edited by worthyoflove; 11-25-2016 at 03:42 PM
Old 10-22-2016, 10:52 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I pop out for one afternoon and we run a muck with the thread.

Here's a new one for our theory and picture pleasures.

Here's the last few posts:

Quote:
You can see on the left side a guy with a backpack shooting through the market at two other guys, they're moving from the bottom to the top of the video.

Whatever they've been shooting this week has been without Shiva, she's really diligent about updating her snapchat and she's been playing tourist all week with her mom.
Quote:
I almost wonder if they're just saying it's not Dylan. Seems strange. I think Roger was the name of the agent from the portion of the script we saw from the book, the one The Ghost kills.

Maybe it was Taylor, it's so hard to tell. The video is great it's just too far away.
Bummer -- the guy on Twitter won't say who it was! He says it's too spoilery. I don't think Dylan and Taylor fans would care! Haha.

Quote:
There's another male agent working with Mitch whose name I keep forgetting. Maybe it's him. Or maybe the guy we thought was Dylan is actually a random villain and the two men shooting at him are the agents. Exiting a van and shooting into a crowded civilian area is more of a villain's move than something the heroes would do. Although none of them seem that concerned with hitting civilians.

It sure doesn't look like Taylor at all, but maybe it is in fact? Maybe he's in disguise, which would explain the hair. Or maybe it's his stunt man?
Old 10-23-2016, 12:37 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Bummer -- the guy on Twitter won't say who it was! He says it's too spoilery. I don't think Dylan and Taylor fans would care! Haha.
True, I wouldn't care if it was either Dylan or Taylor Though, if it was someone else I would rather be surprised.
I'm kinda on a crossroad... like I want to know everything but I also want to watch the movie without feeling that I already know everything. But so far my need to know wins...

It could be a stunt man for anyone of them. But it doesn't seem like Mitch style to go all out shooting at a market place and it's pretty unsneaky for someone with the nickname The Ghost too.
Old 10-23-2016, 10:36 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm all about spoilers, but I understand others might not be. Usually when a movie is based off a book I'm just like ok, nothing is going to surprise me. But it is very clear that they will very loosely be using the American Assassin book plot. Too many new characters, and specifically Taylor's character.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 10-23-2016 at 12:40 PM
Old 10-23-2016, 04:58 PM
Addicted Fan

I hate spoilers myself, especially if it's something I'm really into, so I'm very careful about giving anything away. There really are so few surprises in life, I'd rather experience big reveals as they happen, so I want to let others experience it that way too. BUT in this case, and not to sound arrogant or anything, as a movie fan there's very little that seems spoilery or twisty so far in this plot. So I'd be up for knowing who that shooter was. I mean, just knowing who the shooters were wouldn't tell us how they got there, why they were there, and how the scene ends.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

tftnt i don't like spoilers either.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:13 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

This is the actor Taylor was pictured with in the on set photos, shooting today at Pall Mall in London.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:36 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Maybe we'll get some Taylor shots!
Old 10-24-2016, 09:46 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I was hoping he'd stop in at one of the Dr. Strange after parties tonight, since the actor I posted above is in it and Rachel. But that's probably a pipe dream.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:17 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I was hoping he'd stop in at one of the Dr. Strange after parties tonight, since the actor I posted above is in it and Rachel. But that's probably a pipe dream.
I'd think he'd not want to run into her...
Old 10-24-2016, 08:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Maybe he and Rachel ended things on good terms. Though my jealous side wants him nowhere near her. Haha. She's soooo pretty ....

Oh wait. I forgot that blind gossip item. Never mind.

Is it possible that because of those paparazzi photos a couple weeks back, the production thought they didn't have to release any official pics of him after all? It just seems odd they'd promise both Michael and Taylor pics mid-month but only deliver Michael.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:42 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
Is it possible that because of those paparazzi photos a couple weeks back, the production thought they didn't have to release any official pics of him after all? It just seems odd they'd promise both Michael and Taylor pics mid-month but only deliver Michael.
I highly doubt our need for Taylor pics is a priority for them. They probably just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:56 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I don't think those Michael pictures last week were anything official. They were just posted on twitter by someone who was visiting on set. I'd venture to guess we'll get pictures of both Michael and Taylor from the official account in the next couple weeks. The Dylan fans hassled the account like crazy and it still took them a few extra weeks to post the most recent picture of him.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I came across a few more pictures today of Taylor on set that we haven't seen.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:49 PM
Master Fan

What does the other guy have in his hand?

The last picture = Booty Shot.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread