Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2019, 05:45 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I saw a few people mention on Twitter that Taylor would be great for the role. I see it's through CBS All-Access. Can I say this feels a little beneath Alexander? Network TV...I was interested in the mini-series they did for The Dome on CBS but it was not great. I hope this is better.
The original mini-series was good. Why mess with it?!?! That role is SOOOOO evil. I'm glad Taylor isn't doing it.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:50 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I saw a few people mention on Twitter that Taylor would be great for the role. I see it's through CBS All-Access. Can I say this feels a little beneath Alexander?
Really? I’m with Kayla on this one. I think he’ll be great! That character was the best part of the original ABC miniseries, in my opinion. And we know he can play dark AND seductive.

I think at this point, streaming and premium cable are the way to go for actors. The lines between network, cable and streaming are so blurred that it’s surely not seen as a step down anymore. And he’s known for TV anyway. He might not get offered big-screen roles. Though I get the feeling Alexander just does what appeals to him personally. That’s the only way to explain why, after winning an Emmy for Big Little Lies, he’d do that role in the Showtime series with Kirsten since
Spoiler:

I’d love to see Taylor play a really evil guy like this, a seductive villain. I don’t know if he could pull it off, since he’s so earnest, but I’d like to see him experiment with it. Kayla, why wouldn’t you want to see him play this part? I’m curious.
KitscherSunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 08:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Oh I think he'll be good in it, I'm just a little put off by the CBS connection after what CBS did to Under the Dome not that long ago.

But, yeah, also kind of the why mess with it kind of feeling too. But then again everything is rebooted.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 02:11 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

After seeing him on True Blood... he's so the guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
Really? I’m with Kayla on this one. I think he’ll be great! That character was the best part of the original ABC miniseries, in my opinion. And we know he can play dark AND seductive.

I think at this point, streaming and premium cable are the way to go for actors. The lines between network, cable and streaming are so blurred that it’s surely not seen as a step down anymore. And he’s known for TV anyway. He might not get offered big-screen roles. Though I get the feeling Alexander just does what appeals to him personally. That’s the only way to explain why, after winning an Emmy for Big Little Lies, he’d do that role in the Showtime series with Kirsten since
Spoiler:

I’d love to see Taylor play a really evil guy like this, a seductive villain. I don’t know if he could pull it off, since he’s so earnest, but I’d like to see him experiment with it. Kayla, why wouldn’t you want to see him play this part? I’m curious.
The character is literally Satan. I don't want to see Taylor be that bad.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I mean my favorite character was always Stu. I don't know who is playing him but I'd rather see Taylor play the "hero" character.
Old 09-30-2019, 03:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The number of times I've watched Battleship all the way through is like two but I always love dropping in on this movie (it's on TNT right now) and it's always so funny to see Jesse and Taylor together post FNL.

Also, sometimes I forget just how perfect Taylor was back then. I mean I prefer him with age, I think he's aging gracefully but he was so gorgeous back in 2010-2013-ish.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Also, sometimes I forget just how perfect Taylor was back then. I mean I prefer him with age, I think he's aging gracefully but he was so gorgeous back in 2010-2013-ish.
That's an understatement.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He's still got that baby fat a little bit and just looks so adorable yet smoking hot.

And oh, hey, always forget Josh Pence is in this too randomly.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He did look really great in Battleship.
Old 10-01-2019, 05:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The best parts of Battleship are the beginning and end, it loses its away a bit in the middle.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:20 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
And oh, hey, always forget Josh Pence is in this too randomly.
Really?!? How did I not know this? I haven’t watched it in a while so I guess I didn’t know him then.

I saw this today. She’s so pretty.

In the cover story, she talks mostly fashion and politics. She doesn’t mention Battleship.

Rihanna Talks Fenty, That Long-Awaited Album, and President Trump
Old 10-10-2019, 04:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm not even sure Josh says more than just like, "Roger that"...I also always forget he's plays opposite Armie Hammer in The Social Network as essentially the stand in for the twin but they do give him one speaking line in a club too.

Rihanna looks great did you see her segment with Seth Myers were they got drunk together? So cute!
Old 10-11-2019, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
The best parts of Battleship are the beginning and end, it loses its away a bit in the middle.
Burrito me.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:41 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Old 10-28-2019, 01:50 PM
Addicted Fan

Rihanna has a book coming out. We should be on the lookout for possible Battleship set photos!

From Vulture.com today:

Quote:
Books
6. Read Rihanna
The people’s pop star.
Rihanna’s 15-pound visual autobiography could crush you and you’d let it. The large-format photo book traces her life and career from 2011 to 2018, touring, recording albums, dressing for the Met Gala, tattoo sessions, birthday parties, vacations on boats and in pools, plus a handful of baby and childhood photos. Before you start asking about her reggae album, occupy yourself with 504 pages of Rihanna building her empire. Phaidon Press.

11 Notable New Releases Over the Next Two Weeks
Reply   Post New Thread