Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2018, 08:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyThree (View Post)

I'm really looking forward to this film coming out. I've never seen him on the big screen!
I saw him in Lone but didn't know it was him ... if that makes sense. The first time I saw him after I became a fan was just American Assassin and it took my breath away, literally. The scene in the van.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:40 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I saw him in Lone but didn't know it was him ... if that makes sense. The first time I saw him after I became a fan was just American Assassin and it took my breath away, literally. The scene in the van.
American Assassin was my first in the theater movie too.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:37 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I assume this is the last few nights of filming and I think it's at the same place they filmed Friday...but they're in the West Village tonight. I don't know if these places are close together but OLV is reporting at Washington St. and Gansevoort and a fan mentioned seeing trailers set up here: Bank and Greenwich tonight.

Quote:
Movie: 17 Bridges
Stars: Taylor Kitsch
Credit: @kucksuelwhan
I saw all his 2012 movies in theater...I never went to see X-Men and I'm not sure that Bang Bang Club ever played near me, so John Carter was my first experience. I took half a day at work and went to see it the first day it came out, same for Battleship...I saw Savages multiple times in theater, maybe four? I love seeing him on the big screen.

Also, when the movie is good I love kind of listening to the audience reaction like with Lone Survivor, another one I saw multiple times. Grand Seduction was at a little art house theater near me and I was always the youngest in there by about 20 years. AA I saw twice, OTB quite a few times too. But that's always kind of how I judge his movies, how do I feel coming out of the theater, do I want to see it again immediately? Savages, Lone, Grand Seduction, Only the Brave the answer was always yes. I hate to say with American Assassin I actually dreaded going to see it again but the first time I saw it was at a free screening so I felt I needed to be a loyal fan and give it a box office bump so I saw it again.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:13 PM
Addicted Fan

I saw John Carter and X-Men on the big screen, and then American Assassin and Only the Brave last year. I skipped Battleship because the reviews were so bad (I now regret it, of course!), and the reviews made Lone out to be really gory and I hate war movies anyway so I never went. I skipped Savages because Natural Born Killers actually made me nauseous with the gore and I swore I'd never see another Oliver Stone film again. Haha. I only eventually watched it on DVD because of Taylor.

I think The Grand Seduction might've played at the arthouse theater here for maybe a week or two, but I didn't drive at that point and it's really far out.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

From on set the other night and last night.

Old 11-28-2018, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Did Taylor get his buddy Toby a cameo?

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1738172/?ref_=tt_cl_t9
Old 12-01-2018, 11:46 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Stephan James mentioned '17 Bridges'...so we've now heard it compared to The Fugitive and Reservoir Dogs.

Quote:
Yet while he always searches for deeper meaning in his roles, James recognizes that to move to the next level of stardom requires breadth in his choices. So he’s elected for an action film next, and recently wrapped “17 Bridges” in Philadelphia, in which he stars alongside Chadwick Boseman, Sienna Miller and Taylor Kitsch. The film is a departure for him, an opportunity to flex his range.

“It’s sort of an ode to a lot of the films I grew up watching, like ‘Reservoir Dogs,’” James says of the project, his first big action movie. “Action-thriller movies with character compatibility, and human stories within that.”
Old 12-01-2018, 05:12 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Stephan James mentioned '17 Bridges'...so we've now heard it compared to The Fugitive and Reservoir Dogs.
That sounds very promising!
Old 12-01-2018, 05:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So...if the timeline stays the same on this and the release is July, we might see some official movie/cast photos as soon as later this month. First teaser trailer in February. Maybe even with the Superbowl? That would be cool.

A few more pictures from on set.

Old 12-03-2018, 02:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

JK Simmons asked about his work on '17 Bridges'. Doesn't sound like he worked much with Taylor, or at least he's not mentioned.

Quote:
You’re also doing an action film, 17 Bridges, with another great cast, including Chadwick Boseman, Stephan James and Taylor Kitsch. What was the appeal of that film?

SIMMONS: Well, the names that you just listed. Although I didn’t know all of them, when they asked me to do it, I knew that Chadwick was gonna be playing the lead role, and he’s a guy that I had met a couple of times, but hadn’t had a chance to work with, and that was part of what drew me to it. I had some great conversations with Brian [Kirk], the director, on the phone, that gave me great confidence that he would be a guy I’d really enjoy working with. It’s similarly, in a way, to Counterpart. It’s a very complex and layered story, full of characters that are not black and white, or good guy and bad guy. Every character in the piece is pretty complex. And once the cast started coming together, including Sienna Miller, who I spent a lot of time with on the movie, and Keith David, it was a really wonderful bunch of actors to work with. I think they still have another few days left. I finished my work on that. And by the way, I’m pretty sure it will be not be called 17 Bridges when it comes out, but that was a really fun film to work on.

How does your character fit into the story?

SIMMONS: He’s a Precinct Captain in the NYPD. Chadwick’s character is a detective, who’s father was also NYPD, as is so often the case. That’s a job that’s passed down, from one generation to another. But I’m gonna be reluctant to do anything remotely spoiler-ish. It’s a really complex and action-filled cop drama.
J.K. Simmons on Counterpart Season 2 and More Commissioner Gordon | Collider
Old 12-03-2018, 04:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Interesting he says that he thinks it will have a name change before it is released.
Old 12-03-2018, 05:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Some people on twitter were counting all the bridges in Manhattan and the general feeling was, there aren't just 17 Bridges. While they couldn't come to a consensus there were between 19-21...so yeah, title is going to need to be changed. It'll be interesting to see what they'll rename it.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:39 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Super Bowl promos would be fantastic!
Old 12-04-2018, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The timing is right if they're wanting to make a big splash.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:44 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I’m ready for my super bowl ad now...