Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2016, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

i love the dog pics, so cute!
Old 08-13-2016, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm sorry I couldn't rip the videos! I was gone all day and the app on my phone that I used to rip the spartan race videos was not working. I don't think I'll be able to figure it out before the videos expire in a few minutes.

I see that I completely glossed over the discussion earlier about that other board. It was nice of you to go there and try to reach out to them. I did see where they were quoting people here and essentially joking that oh, we finally realized that this is a real story with real peoples families feelings involved. Yes, I'm sure all of us are aware of that as soon as we read what the story is about. These people seem to put a lot of time into this event and that's fine. They've followed every story about it for 3 years, we've known about this movie for two months, we're playing a bit of catch up here.

This is much like Lone Survivor. Whenever there is a true story made into a movie the detractors are going to come out and claim this happened and this didn't. There were plenty of people who didn't believe Marcus's story or were convinced the movie would not be done properly. I think there were even claims that the SEALs that died families were not happy about the film, we found that not to be true...so I'll take any information about this movie and what's being said with a grain of salt.

And frankly I'm not going to be made to feel bad about being excited to see Taylor in this role. I know how committed he is when he portrays a real person, in my opinion his two best roles Michael Murphy and Kevin Carter. We know how he preps for these roles and does his research through family and friends of whomever he's playing. I'm sure it'll be authentic.

I think they were filming the outlook scene last night, the scene where Taylor's character would have been taking the last pictures of the Hotshots alive.

Also notable, the Granite Mountain mascot, puppy, Walter P. Sherman, started training school today. He is so cute!

Quote:
geoffmstults First day of school for @walter_p_sherman and I. He did great. Me, not so much.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 08-13-2016 at 07:07 PM
Old 08-15-2016, 11:27 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

An interview with Miles where he mentions a bit about Granite Mountain:

Quote:
Hey man, how's everything?

Good, man. I fly back tonight. I'm in the middle of filming a movie in Santa Fe right now. Granite Mountain.

How's that going?

It's incredible. The cast is sick, obviously, you've got Josh Brolin, Jeff Bridges, Jennifer Connelly, James Badge Dale, Taylor Kitsch.

Are you doing your own stunts and that kind of thing?

I guess the biggest stunt with these guys... because these guys are hotshots, firefighters, it's primitive in terms of what they're doing. They're not smokejumpers, they're not jumping out of helicopters, they're cutting down trees, trying to get rid of fuel and anything that's going to burn, and that's just a lot of physical labor. But when I get back we're going to be getting into the stuff with the really big flames, these guys are up against 60 foot flames, usually at a pretty safe distance, but it's hot. That's probably the biggest stunt, is the pure heat.

And in August.

Yeah, exactly, in Santa Fe. It's hot.
We interview Miles Teller about War Dogs, Fantastic Four & Granite Mountain! - Movie News | JoBlo.com
Old 08-15-2016, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

Now that I read this article I remember that the article that I used to use with my students (which I still haven't found) was about smokejumpers, not hotshots. God bless these men and women. So brave.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I honestly had no idea there were even hotshots or smokejumpers out there. It's interesting.

More casting calls for "cute babies".

Quote:
EG Casting is looking for a six to eight month old BLOND babies for a scenes shooting this Wednesday, August 17th in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Miles Teller's 'Granite Mountain' Casting Call for Cute Babies

Quote:
EG Casting is looking for people to work on a scene in Las Vegas, NM (approx. 1 hr. East of Santa Fe) Thursday, August 18th. These are paid positions, and it’s going to be an afternoon call. NEW FACES ONLY.
Casting Calls | OneHeadlightInk
Old 08-17-2016, 05:26 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Can you imagine someone telling you your baby wasn't cute enough to be an extra! Those Mommas still have crazy hormones... I wouldn't want that job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I honestly had no idea there were even hotshots or smokejumpers out there. It's interesting.

More casting calls for "cute babies".

Miles Teller's 'Granite Mountain' Casting Call for Cute Babies

Casting Calls | OneHeadlightInk
Old 08-17-2016, 06:04 PM
Master Fan

One of my friend's younger sisters has a 3 year old daughter who is SO adorable. VERY different looking. I keep telling her she needs to get her in movies etc. but she has no interest. She doesn't want people judging her, especially to her face, which I'm sure happens.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:36 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

One of my best friends little one does modeling for Zulilly which I think is funny.

It seems like they're in the home stretch of filming. I hope hope hope we get wrap party picture when the time comes.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Taylor participates in the 22 pushup challenge with Miles Teller and firefighter Pat McCarty on the golf course.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 08-19-2016 at 04:03 PM
Old 08-19-2016, 04:59 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I love the sky in the background. Looks like it's about to storm
Old 08-20-2016, 02:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That reminds me of a fall sky here. I need fall to be here I'm ready for sweater and boot weather.

They found their cute blonde baby it would appear.
Old 08-20-2016, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

I have to say that I do think it's strange that he is a left-handed golfer. I am going to have to pay attention to see what else he does left handed. I eat and write with my left hand, but everything else I do with my right. Somebody said he writes with his right correct?

That baby is so cute.. and the mom is so pretty.

I love the way Taylor is standing in the first gif. I need a still of that. He's so darn sexy. And then in the last two gif ... I love the planking and then the way he walks off frame with no regards for the camera.

Last edited by elherts; 08-20-2016 at 03:35 PM
Old 08-20-2016, 04:02 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think he was a left handed shot playing hockey which is probably why he golfs lefty. But if FNL is any indication he bowled right handed. He signs right handed too.

That is an actress on the film that's holding the baby. I assume the wife of one of the hotshots.

All I can see is how defined his arms are even just standing there. It kind of looks like he's wearing an Atlanta Falcons polo...
Old 08-20-2016, 04:11 PM
Master Fan

He looks so adorable in the golf outfit. He's looking thin but fit.

I looked through the Instagram account that posted the baby picture. But I guess you are saying that the picture you posted here is an actress holding the baby. I didn't notice they were different people the first time. All blondes look alike... (says the blonde) lol.

**I just noticed that the mom tagged the actress... who is beautiful and from Vancouver. Please stay away from Taylor. Thank you.

Last edited by elherts; 08-20-2016 at 04:20 PM
Old 08-20-2016, 05:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
**I just noticed that the mom tagged the actress... who is beautiful and from Vancouver. Please stay away from Taylor. Thank you.
My thoughts exactly. Although she's not only beautiful but has a kind face. So if it can't be one of us lol just based on her smile I would approve of her. She reminds me a little of Ali Larter, whom I've always thought is really pretty.

Of course, how can you not be happy holding that precious baby! So cute!!

I love every single thing about Taylor in that video -- I agree, right down to the way he walks away with no regard for the camera. For some reason it's hot. Haha. I do wish he'd said at least "Kitsch," though. But the "Miles" was cute.

I think that I also just really like him in red. I think there might be a pattern with me. He wears it so rarely but I always think he looks good. I even love the halfway wrap-party photo where the red light is reflecting on his tanned skin. Haha.

Seriously guys, I have lost it. lol I'm parked outside Sam's Club, running errands for my brother's birthday party tomorrow, and I opened Safari for just a second to search for something and even told myself, do NOT open the board, you don't have time! But it was already open in my browser and I thought, hmm, maybe there's a new pic, and now here I am going on and on about Taylor AGAIN. Meanwhile, what was I supposed to be searching for again ... ? lol
Closed Thread   Post New Thread