Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-31-2015, 12:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

John Brooder/Bone Tomahawk #2: B/C we can't wait to see Matthew looking sexy riding a horse

"Matthew Fox has a big role in the film and gives a terrific performance" - S Craig Zahler (Director)

"Fox will play John Brooder, the eloquent, albeit inscrutable gentleman whose dark inclinations have put him and his polished weapons at the very edge of the western frontier" - The Wrap

Credit: Entertainment Weekly

Premiere/Release Dates

September 11 2015 - Toronto International Film Festival (Market Premiere)
October 1 2015 - FantasticFest, Austin, Texas (US premiere - Matthew and Kurt Russell attending)
October 3 2015 - Charlotte Film Festival
October 4 2015 - PopcornFest, Florida
October 6 2015 - BeyondFest, Egyptian Theatre, Los Angeles (Matthew and S Craig Zahler attending)
October 13/14 2015 - Sitges Film Festival, Spain (3 Screenings/Competing in the Official Fantastic category)
October 10/11 2015 - BFI London Film Festival, Odeon Leicester Square (UK premiere)

October 23 2015 - US release date
December 29 2015 - US DVD release date

Previous Threads

Last edited by callieUK; 09-18-2015 at 09:12 AM
Old 07-31-2015, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Will rework the OP with the new pics later on.

In the meantime, bringing over the Entertainment Weekly info about Fantastic Fest from the end of the previous thread:

Quote:
The Kurt Russell western Bone Tomahawk has been chosen as the closing-night film for this year’s Fantastic Fest, the genre movie festival that takes place Sept. 24-Oct. 1 at the South Lamar location of the Alamo Drafthouse theater chain in Austin, Tex. In the film, characters played by Russell, Matthew Fox, Patrick Wilson, and Richard Jenkins set out to rescue a local woman and a young deputy who’ve been kidnapped by a tribe of cannibalistic troglodytes.

Director S. Craig Zahler and members of the cast, including Russell, will attend the screening, which is the film’s world premiere. “Bringing Kurt Russell back to the Alamo is something we’ve been trying to do for a long time,” said Fantastic Fest founder Tim League, in the press release for the festival’s first wave of programming announcements. “And to do it with Bone Tomahawk, a quintessential Fantastic Fest film, means we’re in for one hell of a closer.”
Kurt Russell western 'Bone Tomahawk' chosen as Fantastic Fest closing night film | EW.com

Also, this article from the LA Times confirms that Kurt and Matthew will both be attending

Quote:
First up, the big announcement: Director S. Craig Zahler is bringing an “existential horror western” (whatever that delightful moniker means) titled “Bone Tomahawk” for the festival closer. It stars Kurt Russell as one of four men who, according to the synopsis, "set out to rescue a local woman and a young deputy who've been kidnapped by a tribe of cannibalistic troglodytes."

Russell will join cast member Matthew Fox at the festival. Expect the “Tombstone” quotes to flow.
Fantastic Fest reveals lineup of Turkish delights and Kurt Russell's 'Bone Tomahawk' - LA Times

Last edited by callieUK; 09-05-2015 at 08:20 AM
Old 08-01-2015, 10:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Great news
Avi by Luka
Old 08-01-2015, 12:11 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT

I hope Matthew will do promotions for this film.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:39 PM
Master Fan

I'm so excited about all the new stuff we'll be getting in the next few months. I hope we hear something about the premiere in Spain on August 14. I wonder why Jeffrey hasn't been doing any promotion so far? He might be more reclusive than Matthew!
Old 08-03-2015, 01:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, it's going to be great! I can't wait to see Matthew and Kurt together

And I think Jeffrey's filming another project right now, and if it's an indie on a tight shooting schedule, maybe they couldn't release him for 3 or 4 days to go to Spain.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

More good news for Bone Tomahawk

Quote:
Kurt Russell’s ‘Bone Tomahawk’ Lands Deal Ahead Of Fantastic Fest Bow

RLJ Entertainment has acquired U.S. and Canadian rights to the Kurt Russell-starring Bone Tomahawk, the Caliber Media horror-Western written and directed by S. Craig Zahler. The deal comes ahead of the pic’s world premiere as the closing-night film at Fantastic Fest, the annual genre film showcase that kicks off next month in Austin.
Kurt Russell’s ‘Bone Tomahawk’ Lands Deal Ahead Of Fantastic Fest Bow | Deadline
Old 08-04-2015, 12:45 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks
Old 08-05-2015, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There seems to be a lot of anticipation for this film
Old 08-06-2015, 08:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by callieUK (View Post)
There seems to be a lot of anticipation for this film
And a lot of "Kurt Russell" talk and not enough "Matthew Fox" talk

Also shouldn't there be a trailer for it anytime soon? I feel like it's about time to get one
Avi by Luka
Old 08-06-2015, 08:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorisek (View Post)
And a lot of "Kurt Russell" talk and not enough "Matthew Fox" talk

Also shouldn't there be a trailer for it anytime soon? I feel like it's about time to get one
Think it's just because Kurt Russell had huge success in the Western genre with Tombstone, the other actors like Patrick Wilson aren't getting as much mention either. Sounds like everyone gives a great performance from what's been said so far.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^

Everyone's been dying to see Kurt in another western since then. He's kind of iconic in that genre, which is great as it means great advance buzz for this

And Matthew is bound to do promo in the US for this. Hoping for Kimmel at the very least.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:00 PM
Elite Fan

I hope we get good buzz.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think we will.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Someone on IMDB asked the director, S Craig Zahler, about how big Matthew's role is in this.

Zahler replied that "Matthew Fox has a big role in the film and gives a terrific performance."

Also, Bone Tomahawk will be shown at the Popcorn Frights Film Festival in Florida in October.

https://www.o-cinema.org/event/popco...bone-tomahawk/

Thanks to Fate815 for finding the quote and the film festival info

Last edited by callieUK; 08-10-2015 at 07:57 AM