Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

It definitely is a good read
Old 06-20-2018, 06:41 PM
Master Fan

more theories:
Quote:
Best friends and male pronouns
What is the explanation for “You two are dancing in a snow globe, go round and round”?

Karlie and Taylor were dancing in a fashion show called “snow angels” and it was snowing.

So, ok people didn’t get it.

So Taylor, to make it even more obvious, pauses, then says, “you’re my best friend”

THIS SONG IS SO OBVIOUS C’MON PEOPLE.

I know, I know, it’s the male pronoun… but I think it is absurd that most Taylor fans don’t listen to this and think “She’s in love with the best friend???” MAYBE MAYBE, she’s in love with Karlie?

If you just assume for a second that she’s gay and trying (not very hard) to hide it then everything makes more sense. It’s amazing but in her case “she’s gay” is the Occam Razor that explains everything just with this simple assumption: she’s a gay closeted woman.

But the thing is, male pronouns and bearding work very well. If you have a man by your side most people won’t question if you write a lot of lesbian songs. It’s a heteronormative society but I think this phenomena is particularly stronger for women because of invisibility.

Things like the “buzzcut” for example. It’s so easy to throw just one word there and most people just ignore that Dress is a song about secretly having sex with - again - your best friend. At the end of the song you realize they are not only casually having sex but also this person is her one and only, her lifeline. They have been through a lot: rebounds, earthquakes, the worst lies.

And thanks to You Are In Love we know that being her best friend is intrinsically connect to the reason she’s in loves with someone, so maybe, is it the same best friend? I don’t care what she publicly said this song is about, she’s a closet lesbian. But I’m happy that all the skeptical kaylors investigated that and we know it was a weird explanation anyway.

I love so much that ‘best friend’ connects You are in love and Dress, I believe Taylor is adressing one of the many ambivalences of a long term relationship: The person with you is your best friend, undoubtedly, but also your passionate lover.

As she wrote in the Prologue:

“We know our friend in a certain light, but we don’t know them the way their lover does
Just the way their lover will never know them the same way that you do as their friend“

But can you be both lover and friend? She answers:

“Someone who will still choose us even when they see all of the sides of the story, all the angles of the kaleidoscope that is you”

At the same time many things are so obvious I know other “theories” kaylors/gaylors have about clues and hints are probably not true or intentional but I really don’t care, I have so much fun reading this stuff. I bet there are many many references of gaylor/kaylor in reputations songs and videos that we just don’t know because they are more secretive these days.

People make fun of the “buzz cut” kaylor explanation, yeah maybe it’s just creative thinking, but I really like it because it is just so much fun to imagine Taylor writing a song about the day Karlie went crazy and cut an expensive dress and then they went home and it was a great night. Also, I don’t think it is coincidence that she put the words met and bleached hair in a sentence and we find out that in the Met Gala with bleached hair something happened with Karlie’s dress.

As I said, I really don’t care about it, I just think it is really funny if it is true, but it is highly probable it is just a word she wrote there so people think about the beard while the important words in the song are best friend. Dress is so painfully obvious Kaylor, with best friend and golden tatoo, that it is expected to have a bad beard reference, I’m just grateful it doesn’t have male pronouns. Other songs may be more gay but Dress is undoubtedly the obvious Kaylor song.

Yeah, I hate the male pronouns, but at the same time I believe Call It What You Want is the best Kaylor song. Maybe the best Taylor Swift song if I dare to say knowing I just started exploring her work. I love when Taylor is playing with words and in this song there is so much of it.

Taylor found a way of saying her girlfriend’s name in a song but because she uses male pronouns most people don’t think about it. Even if she is repeatedly telling us that she’s going to call this person in a different way. This is genius and really, really bold. Take a look at the SNL performance. I can’t wait for the concerts. She can say Karlie 14 times if she wants (I counted), but I won’t get my expectations high and I think she is going to say it just a few times together with the backing vocals.

Taylor makes so many references to other songs in Call It What You Want, it’s so beautiful.

“My castle crumbled overnight”: the same castle she built in New Romantics with all the bricks they threw at her. All the bearding got her a reputation of dating too many men, but also made it possible for her to sing lesbian songs. Then kissgate happened and the castle crumbled and now people are asking “is she kissing a woman?”

“All the jokers dressing up as kings”: Well, we know from a previous song that there is a King of her heart, body and soul. Now she’s telling us there are Jokers dressing up as Kings…

“I want to wear his initial on a chain round my neck”. Back to You are in love: “The light reflects The chain on your neck”.

And the song ends with references to other song, Karlie, and playing with words, all together:

“I recall late November, holding my breath Slowly I said, “You don’t need to save me But would you run away with me?” Yes.”

We know Love Story is Karlie’s favorite song (well, at least it was before all those songs Taylor wrote about her.)

“Romeo save me” - You don’t need to save me - “It’s a love story, baby just say “Yes”.

Late November: VSFS 2013? I don’t know, “But would you runway with me?” - “all that’s left to do is run” and we are back to the first picture of this post dancing in a snow globe.

I started writing this post because of @kaylorrepdetective “What Convinced me” and it had these questions: “Is she gay and partially coming out through Rep? if Yes, then are the songs about KK? if Yes, are they still together?”

GAY: YES.

Coming out: Looks like it, but I don’t know. Maybe she’s going to keep two parallels narratives, the beards and gay stuff and only come out when she’s 40. I hope not.

Are the songs about KK? YES.

Are they still together? Yeah, they are together! reputation is a beautiful love letter about a long relationship and the last two songs say they are together at least at the moment Taylor finished the album: “But I stay”.

Also, if they broke up Karlie is completly crazy! Why would she post “honeymoon”(*) pictures with a ex to celebrate her birthday? Ok, some exes are friends, but then you post a more “friends” picture. Also she keeps posting other stuff about Taylor. Only scenario they broke up: Taylor broke up very recently, after reputation, and Karlie is trying to get her back by posting crazy stuff on instagram. I don’t think so.

(*) When I read the article saying that they were living together I thought they did the most lesbian thing: started dating, a few months later decided move in together, went on a honeymoon trip and adopt a cat. When I read that sequence of events in the masterpost I had not choice but believe in Kaylor.
https://reysccp.tumblr.com/post/1700...-male-pronouns
TK
Old 06-21-2018, 10:40 PM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

That's an amazing analysis
Old 06-22-2018, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

I'm emotional
TK
Old 06-23-2018, 04:25 PM
Graphics Team