Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2019, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Board (Re)Customization

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website. As we want every board to have their own unique look it is preferable that you do not link to the customisations of other boards as suggested colour schemes.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Mel, Chelle, or Rora a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes approximately two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have finished making the graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Mel, Chelle, and Rora

i love you. ♡
21:21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:50 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I know I lurk, not post but I thought I'd share my two cents

She's been doing a bit of b/w lately which is most disappointing. I know these are award ones but I actually really like her facial expressions in some of these. Plus they're at least from 2018. I also like these from 2017. Otherwise I think you'd have to look at something from 2016 which is heading more into the less-recent & more-outdated look . Plus they're pre-Reputation I think which I don't think would be best personally?

Looking forward to seeing what you all suggest

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That time again?

She's just done some magazine shoots so I'll need to take a look.

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

i feel like the 2017 - present photographs would be great, however, most of the photo are in black and white, which does really suit the brightness of the board.
Old 03-21-2019, 12:19 AM
Graphics Team Manager

The graphics team also doesn't use b/w pictures which makes those unusable anyway

What colours would you like to see?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-21-2019, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

i meant to say doesn't suit the brightness. i haven't had a thought about what colours should be used.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:43 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I actually read it as what you meant anyway but we still don't use b/w pictures so doesn't matter if they suit or don't suit the brightness of the board

Do you have a preference for ones of the ones I linked to or do you know of another coloured photoshoot she has done which you like?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-23-2019, 12:43 AM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

Thanks Chelle for opening looking forward to all the suggestions!
dracarys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 12:50 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I think you mean Rora as she opened . What would you like to see here Cynergy?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-23-2019, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

These ones you suggested Chelle are fantastic! Pictures
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi||iê Måë (View Post)
These ones you suggested Chelle are fantastic! Pictures
yes, those ones will work really well i believe.
Old 03-23-2019, 06:32 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Have you given any thoughts to what sort of colours you'd like to see here? I think in the past you've had similar colours to what you've got now, but more orange? Its always been feminine but not overly girly I guess you could say. Would you like to keep with that or go with something else? I feel that the direction her music has gone has changed so maybe the colours here should reflect that? I don't know though. I've never listened to Reputation in full, just a handful of songs, as I prefer her older stuff to what she was doing from what I heard. But I just feel like right now the colours could represent more the Taylor of old more than the Taylor of now? Then for this Reputation era there seems to be a lot of b/w & grey shades but as a colour scheme that'd be a dramatic change & could be depressing or not representative of who Taylor is as a person... (example colour scheme)

I Googled 'Taylor Swift colour scheme' just to see what came up & I saw this inspired by her 1989 album & my first thought was how that could work out really nicely as a colour scheme. You've got some nice soft purples with some brown highlights with that... Then I also saw this which made flowers based on the colours from her first 4 albums which could be interesting colour schemes. I have no idea what you guys like or would like to see here though, I'm just randomly looking up things. Please have a think about what you'd like to see here & take a look at the design seeds website to see if there's anything you like. The graphics team can't begin working on your graphic until we have an idea or a confirmation on what you'd like to see here colour-wise. Even if you start discussing your thoughts around colour I, or someone else on the team, can help make suggestions based on that

Just playing with the thoughts of where her music is now, more of a darker tone (again my opinion may be misconstrued by the limited amount I heard), & more b/w pictures & feel in this era... & she's also a winter baby I'm thinking blue tones but I don't know. I came across these looking at winter colour schemes which I felt may work with how I'm thinking, but as I said I have no idea what you guys are thinking. There are probably thousands of colour schemes on that site so please take a look to see if there's anything you like there or if you'd like to keep similar to what you've got now we can do that too
Color Route / Winter Tones / Holiday Tones 10 / Holiday Tones 13 / Holiday Tones 14 / Mental Vacation / Paper Flora / Creature Cuddles

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-23-2019, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

i just had a look at the design seeds website. i believe that we should stick to pastel colours, as we're in between eras. my favourite on the design seeds website was the palette called 'colour view.'
Old 03-23-2019, 08:23 PM
Graphics Team Manager

You will need to link to it as there are duplicate names (I presume there's over 100 simply called 'colour view') & the team won't know where to look to find the one you're talking about

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-23-2019, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

oh sorry. this is the link to the colour palette: x
Reply   Post New Thread