Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2013, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Jonas Concert Thread #14: Because we are sad that tour is coming to an end soon!

Welcome to the 13th Jonas Brothers Concert Thread!

- Feel free to post pictures, your experiences, and share with us how amazing your concert was!

Tour Dates
August 7 -- Miami, FL @ AmericanAirlines Arena
August 9 -- Orlando, FL @ Amway Center
August 10 -- Tampa, FL @ Amalie Arena
August 12 -- Atlanta, GA @ State Farm Arena*
August 14 -- Raleigh, NC @ PNC Arena
August 15 -- Washington, DC @ Capital One Arena
August 17 -- Boston, MA @ TD Garden
August 18 -- Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center
August 21 -- Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena
August 23 -- Toronto, ON @ Scotiabank Arena
August 27 -- Buffalo, NY @ KeyBank Center
August 29 -- New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
August 31 -- Hershey, PA @ Hersheypark Stadium
September 3 -- Pittsburgh, PA @ PPG Paints Arena
September 5 -- Columbus, OH @ Schottenstein Center
September 7 -- Detroit, MI @ Little Caesars Arena
September 8 -- Grand Rapids, MI @ Van Andel Arena
September 10 -- Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena
September 13 -- Indianapolis, IN @ Bankers Life Fieldhouse
September 14 -- St. Louis, MO @ Enterprise Center
September 16 -- St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Energy Center
September 17 -- Milwaukee, WI @ Fiserv Forum
September 19 -- Chicago, IL @ United Center
September 22 -- Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center
September 25 -- Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Center
September 26 -- Houston, TX @ Toyota Center*
September 27 -- San Antonio, TX @ AT&T Center*
September 29 -- Tulsa, OK @ BOK Center
October 1 -- Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center
October 3 -- Salt Lake City, UT @ Vivint Smart Home Arena
October 5 -- Phoenix, AZ @ Talking Stick Resort Arena
October 6 -- Anaheim, CA @ Honda Center
October 8 -- San Francisco, CA @ Chase Center
October 11 -- Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena
October 12 -- Tacoma, WA @ Tacoma Dome
October 13 -- Portland, OR @ Moda Center
October 15 -- Sacramento, CA @ Golden 1 Center
October 17 -- San Diego, CA Pechanga Arena
October 18 -- Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Garden Arena
October 20 -- Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl

Last edited by Before The Storm; 05-01-2019 at 07:00 PM
Old 08-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for the new thread!!!

Tori
Old 08-05-2013, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Atlanta, Georgia [08/05]
Give love a try (soundcheck) - Jonas Brothers Give Love a Try ATL soundcheck - YouTube, Jonas Brothers- Give Love A Try live - YouTube, Jonas Brothers Soundcheck Atlanta - Give Love A Try HD - YouTube (upclose)
WW3 - Jonas Brothers - World War III live Atlanta - YouTube
Stay - Jonas Brothers - Nick singing Stay live in Atlanta - YouTube, Jonas Brothers Live Atlanta 8/04/13 HD - Stay - YouTube (up close)
Who I am - Who I Am - Jonas Brothers - YouTube
Let's Go - Jonas Brothers - Let's Go in ATL 8/4/2013 - YouTube
TJTWWR - Jonas Brothers - That's Just The Way We Roll live Atlanta - YouTube
see no more - Jonas Brothers - See No More in ATL 8/4/2013 - YouTube
first time - Jonas Brothers First Time - YouTube
Lovebug - Jonas Brothers Lovebug - YouTube
Turn right (soundcheck) - Kevin singing, "Turn Right" in Atlanta, Georgia - YouTube
ALBL - Nick Jonas ALBL (Atlanta) - YouTube, Jonas Brothers Live Atlanta 8/04/13 HD - A Little Bit Longer - YouTube (Up close)
Thinking about you (cover, & up close) - Thinkin' Bout You - Jonas Brothers - YouTube
paranoid - Jonas Brothers - Paranoid live Atlanta - YouTube
A Team/Turn Right (soundcheck) - Jonas Brothers -A-Team/Turn Right mashup - Atlanta soudcheck party 8-4-13 - YouTube, Jonas Brothers Soundcheck Atlanta 8/04/13 - A Team(Cover)/Turn Right HD - YouTube (upclose)
The world - Jonas Brothers Live Atlanta 8/04/13 - The World HD - YouTube
inseparable - Jonas Brothers- Inseparable (Atlanta) - YouTube
What do I mean - Jonas Brothers Live Atlanta 8/04/13 HD - What Do I Mean To You - YouTube (up close)

Up next is Dallas, Texas so that would be tomorrow!
Old 08-06-2013, 12:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

THE A TEAM ugh I love them so much

Old 08-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ahem, Jordyn...I could tell you that they sang Wedding Bells tonight.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

tftnt!

i can't believe the tour is almost over. it needs to be longer thanks for posting all those!!
Old 08-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I KNOW! IT ENDS NEXT FRIDAY! I'm going to hit post concert depression like few seconds after the show endss.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

They're going to be here in a week
Old 08-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

YAYYY WEDDING BELLS

The show I was supposed to go to is Friday. I'm just gonna spend that day crying and listening to Jb

Old 08-07-2013, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Concert review from Dallas, Texas show!

Quote:
In the grand pantheon of teen pop sensations, a long and largely forgettable list of 15-minute flashes, the Jonas Brothers always seemed slightly to the left of the pack. Sure, they rode the same wave that turns pubescent girls’ hearts to mush. But there’s always been more at work here. There is genuine potential, talent even, that deserves rediscovering particularly now that Nick, Joe and Kevin Jonas are on the other side of the heyday.

The trio’s last studio album, 2009?s Lines, Vines and Trying Times, sold markedly less than its predecessors 2007?s Jonas Brothers and 2008?s A Little Bit Longer. Solo offerings from Nick (2010?s Who I Am) and Joe (2011?s Fastlife) didn’t fare any better. The brothers’ three-year hiatus from the stateside concert stage cost them fans. This is a group that once filled Cowboys Stadium. Tuesday night’s show at Gexa Energy Pavilion drew 4,900 admirers.

That’s a shame because the tunes I’ve heard so far from the JoBros’ upcoming studio disc, V, represent some of their best work. “First Time,” which opened the concert, has a swirling, nocturnal, adult vibe. “Pom Poms” is all catchy chorus and stomping beat, while “Found” is a slinky, mid-tempo pop number. “The World” has a techno-trippy synthesized loop that accentuates a groovy hook. “Let’s Go” is all propulsive teen pop with rapping attitude. “What Do I Mean to You” unleashes a rock edge that I’ve never witnessed on a Jonas Brothers cut.

All of these songs were produced by Nick, who is clearly the group’s overachieving musical dynamo. But the three Jonas siblings have been writing their own material since the 2006 debut It’s About Time. On the two follow-up albums they dispensed with most of the outside co-writers and crafted the tunes themselves. It’s still pretty powerful to hear Nick Jonas sing “A Little Bit Longer,” a song about his struggles with Type 1 Diabetes, while sitting at the piano. Teflon teen pop sensations don’t compose songs about the lifelong disease that caught them at the tender age of 13.

Even the Jonas Brothers’ band on that Gexa stage Tuesday night was hefty. Seven members, including a saxophonist, background vocalist and keyboardist, kept the sound full and authentic. This wasn’t mere computerized gadgetry thinly supported by guitar, bass and drums. Nick, who was born in Dallas, took to the six strings, the drums and the piano. Joe Jonas, the pin-up of the family, acknowledged that “it’s nice to be back to the place we call home,” referencing the brothers’ house in Westlake.

For the hysterical female fans standing around me, this homecoming couldn’t have arrived any sooner. The ballad “When You Look Me In the Eyes,” the teen pop anthem “Burnin’ Up,” and the bouncy ditty “That’s Just the Way We Roll” elicited all matter of screaming, singing, crying and jumping. When Joe Jonas made his grand entrance by walking down the aisle next to our section I truly thought one teen girl in particular was going to need oxygen.

But when all of that goes away, and it will soon enough, I hope somebody, anybody, notices that Nick, 20, Joe, 23, and Kevin, 25, have musical substance to share. It would be disappointing to see them become yet another teen pop footnote.
Dallas, Texas [08/06]
First time - First time JONAS BROTHERS 2013 DALLAS,TX GEXA - YouTube, Jonas Brothers-First time-Dallas 8/6/13 - YouTube
Found/Thinking of you - Jonas Brothers- Found and Thinking about you-Dallas-8/6/13 - YouTube
The World - Jonas Brothers- The World-Dallas-8/6/13 - YouTube
ALBL - Jonas Brothers-A Little Bit Longer-Dallas-8/6/13 - YouTube
What Do I mean - Jonas Brothers-What do i mean to you-Dallas-8/6/13 - YouTube
Just in love - Just In Love - Jonas Brothers - YouTube
SOS - S.O.S. - Jonas Brothers - YouTube
State of emergency (soundcheck) - Jonas Brothers Soundcheck Dallas- State Of Emergency - YouTube, Jonas Brothers - State Of Emergency soundcheck Dallas - YouTube
Turn Right (soundcheck) - Jonas Brother - Turn Right soundcheck Dallas - YouTube

Tonight's is Houston, Texas!
Old 08-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I hope somebody, anybody, notices that Nick, 20, Joe, 23, and Kevin, 25, have musical substance to share.
me too. Me too.

Tori
Old 08-07-2013, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Ugh thy seriously are so talented

I need a wedding bells video

Old 08-08-2013, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Olivia Somerlyn will be opening up for the Jonas Brothers shows in California!

Houston, Texas [08/07]
First time - Jonas Brothers "First Time" Houston, TX 8/7/13 - YouTube, Intro, First Time (Live) - Jonas Brothers 2013 - YouTube
Inseparable (soundcheck) - Inseparable - Jonas Brothers Soundcheck Houston TX 8.7.13 - YouTube
TJTWWR - Jonas Brothers "That's just the way we roll" Houston, TX 8/7/13 - YouTube
WYLMITE - Jonas Brothers "When You Look Me In The Eyes" Houston, TX 8/7/13 - YouTube
Soundcheck - JONAS BROTHERS " LIVE 2013 TOUR " SOUNDCHECK - YouTube, JONAS BROTHERS " LIVE 2013 TOUR " (SOUNDCHECK) - YouTube, JONAS BROTHERS " LIVE 2013 TOUR " (SOUNDCHECK) - YouTube

Quote:
Before reading this any further, I want you to forget any preconceived notions about the Jonas Brothers. The last time I saw all three brothers together was on the Camp Rock Tour performing songs from the hit movie as well as classic Jonas Brothers’ tunes. However, the vibe walking into Cleveland’s Blossom Music Center was much different than concerts in the past. After a three year long hiatus, the men have finally debuted some of their new material to an outpouring of support from fans. The show started off with EDM artist, Mike Tompkins, followed by Youtube sensations, Karmin.

The brothers are known for putting on a production while still playing their own instruments with the help of their “back up” band made up of: John Taylor, Greg Garbowsky, Paris Garbowsky, Jack Lawless, Ryan Liestman, Megan Mullins and Marcus Kincy. Taylor, Lawless, Garbowsky, and Liestman have been with the brothers for most of their musical career. After just seeing a glimpse of John, fans went wild with screams. The screams got even louder when the entire backup band came on stage along with Nick on drums. Meanwhile Kevin walked through the audience from the upper sections to the stage. Suddenly, Joe stepped on stage out of almost nowhere and the trio started off with their current single “First Time.”

You could tell just by looking at their faces that they were happy to be back and the fans were even happier (if that’s possible.) The screams were louder from years past even though their core fan base is now college-age. Although their fans have grown up, I still saw mothers in the crowd, including my own, singing along to the songs. It was truly amazing to see the fans grow up with the band and still have their parents there sharing the experience; Nick even made a comment about it during the show. The brothers balanced their set by playing their hits with more of their new music mixed among the classic Jonas Brothers songs that fans have fallen in love with. Jonas was able to show their own growth with lead singer Joe playing different instruments in addition to singing.

The new music is eclectic. Unlike previous albums it includes rock, pop, R&B, dance, and even some techno. With all of their writing, producing, and performing abilities I can easily see them growing popular among more college age music lovers and expanding to top 40 radio stations. Performing “What Do I Mean To You” caught fans pleasantly by surprise, the entire front row was unexpectantly head banging to the Jonas Brothers.

I hope people give the brothers an open-minded listen and to hear their talent and growth. I can guarantee you they are better than 90% of the people on the radio today and can perform just as well live, which is a skill that is often lost in mainstream music. The three aren’t just another pop act, they are true musicians and should be labeled that way rather than just another Disney band.
x

Last edited by Stars Fade; 08-08-2013 at 09:15 PM
Old 08-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Ugh that last paragraph

Closed Thread   Post New Thread