Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2015, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's why I'm saying if anyone here wants to apply they should contact the mods and tell them that. Because right now the mods are desperate and don't feel like going on anymore.
Dacrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacrown (View Post)
If somebody wants to apply, then of course, step down and let somebody else take the position, but if no one else wants, then I'd probs close it down.
That's all we've been trying to say?

There are clearly people still interested in the board. If the mods are no longer interested because of whatever reason they should step down and let others try. If it doesn't work out. It doesn't work out. But let the posters who are now interested at least try to keep the board open.
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
wicked games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaded gun (View Post)
That's all we've been trying to say?

There are clearly people still interested in the board. If the mods are no longer interested because of whatever reason they should step down and let others try. If it doesn't work out. It doesn't work out. But let the posters who are now interested at least try to keep the board open.
Basically, yes.

I don't think it's fair to ask people to PM people, when we have this thread here for that purpose. We got a lot of positive responses, so I think the interest is obvious and enough to give this a try.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm saying it a bit differently. I'm suggesting people who have the thought of applying contact the mods right now before any decisions are actually made. Because like I said the mods are worn out, they need some hope. They might not be willing to step down because they don't believe somebody would apply. Also if they actually step down and then no one will apply, it'd be very disappointing. I just think they should find out now and then make their decision according to that. It doesn't really matter where people let them know they want to apply, here or pm. The point is they should let them know. The interest is not the same as an actual desire to commit to this board = mod this board. That's all.
Dacrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:00 PM
Master Fan

Like others have already said several times, if the mods feel so strongly about not wanting to mod here anymore and have the board close, then at least you could do is give everyone else a chance to keep it going. If there's no applicants then there's no applicants and your point have been proved and the board will close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretomove (View Post)
personally, I stopped posting because I wasn't feeling the vibe of the board anymore. I felt left out because I didn't ship a particular ship and it drove me away from what used to be my favorite board.

see but I feel like this isn't true, because you do/did discuss rumors about her private life. but it always seemed to me that you did do it, when it fit your view of how Kristen's life is. I was all for wanting to discuss her movies, events, etc. and I tried to but, I couldn't escape that one particularly ship that I'm not into, because it got brought up randomly in threads that had nothing to do with it.
Yes and yes. There's some thoughts I've been having too. Though I did not stop posting because of this, but generally I don't feel like I belong as much as I did way back when.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

This board shouldn't close just because it's only the Mods posting. I'm sure there are lurkers who would step up and do that job if given the opportunity.
a meaningful, sane existence
Penny Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Exactly. People interested in applying don't have to PM the mods, they just have to show interest in keeping the board open in this thread, it's what it's here for. They can show interest in applying when/if we open positions. Then if nothing comes out of it, too bad, but at least there was a last shot before just shutting it down after 4 pages of conversation.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Firstly, I want to say that I'm sad to see this board go, if that's the case. I don't post here but this board has always been doing well and had a lot of support. I just wanted to let you mods now that I'm going to support whatever decision you two end up making.

Secondly, If people do want to apply and are ready to mod the board please think about it. As I understood the mods are desperate and want to close the board while it's still successful and have it closed by their own terms, and not be forced to close it. I think that people should be ready and up to mod the board themselves if that's what it all comes down to. I know that some boards, that were once in the verge of closing, are now very successful but that's not the case for all boards.

I do understand being frustrated of having the board possible close when it's still doing so well however, I remember not understanding the decision made by the Leight mods about wanting to close the board down and I thought that I'd come and rescue it but you know what...I understand them now. There are weeks when it's a struggle to keep the post count up and I see it slip down in posts every week, and it used to be so successful. And that's because there are lack of news and lack of posters. I hope that it's the exact opposite for this board and that it continues to be awesome and stay on top but I feel like sometimes the mods do know the best.

Either way, I'll support whatever the decision is going to be. Good luck.

(Missy )

i love you. ♡
21:21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

There's definitely no lack of news when it comes to Kristen, it just needs to be distributed better around the board. I believe people can save the board if we open positions.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Kristen news is distributed fine. When she makes an appearance pictures are posted in the news thread and the pictures thread. The same with movie news. A link in the news thread and in the appropriate movie thread. What more do you want? Like I've already said we haven't had any new or old posters show interest in posting in more threads for a couple of years now. It's been me and Missy basically talking to ourselves for almost three years. People haven't show interest in posting until we brought up the possibility of closing.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionღLamb (View Post)
I think Kristen news is distributed fine. When she makes an appearance pictures are posted in the news thread and the pictures thread. The same with movie news. A link in the news thread and in the appropriate movie thread. What more do you want? Like I've already said we haven't had any new or old posters show interest in posting in more threads for a couple of years now. It's been me and Missy basically talking to ourselves for almost three years. People haven't show interest in posting until we brought up the possibility of closing.
okay. but now there are posters here that want to save the board... why not give them the chance to keep the board open. who cares when or why they came. they came and they want to keep the board open. that's really all there needs to be to keep a board open when a closing goes up... and it's worked wonders in the past with some boards. it could happen here to.

example: do you really think everyone who currently posted on 1D posted when they were on the low post count warning list and threatened to be closed? NO. but those people are at that baord now and that board was #1 board for 3-4 whatever months in a row.
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
wicked games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't want people to campaign to keep it open and then slack off with the posting when they haven't show interest before. I would like for the board to go out on top rather be forced to because of low counts.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretomove (View Post)
I'm v sad to read that you're thinking about closing the board, as a former mod and poster of this board. from personal experience I know it can get very tiring when it's just the two (or three) posters, but honestly that shouldn't matter if you love Kristen. especially now that she has American Ultra and other projects coming up. but there are ways to get more posters (tumblr etc) you just got to try a little. personally, I stopped posting because I wasn't feeling the vibe of the board anymore. I felt left out because I didn't ship a particular ship and it drove me away from what used to be my favorite board.

see but I feel like this isn't true, because you do/did discuss rumors about her private life. but it always seemed to me that you did do it, when it fit your view of how Kristen's life is. I was all for wanting to discuss her movies, events, etc. and I tried to but, I couldn't escape that one particularly ship that I'm not into, because it got brought up randomly in threads that had nothing to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbis diablo (View Post)
There's definitely no lack of news when it comes to Kristen, it just needs to be distributed better around the board. I believe people can save the board if we open positions.
If all aspects of Kristen's life was discussed on all parts of the board, I'm sure many more threads would be active and a lot more people would be comfortable posting here.
Innocence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I don't want people to campaign to keep it open and then slack off with the posting when they haven't show interest before. I would like for the board to go out on top rather be forced to because of low counts.
That's a bit selfish if there are still people around wanting to post though. There's no reason to not give it a shot. Most possible closure threads that end up with the boards closing barely get any replies. This one has a lot of discussion going. It's a good sign.
Old 06-18-2015, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
wow, what a vote of confidence in the people willing to post on this board. I'd say try it.

And to me it feels rude to say that people had no interest before, when I can show you several threads that show me and others have been here before. So again I am going to say you might choose your words better.
looking at the stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread