Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Elite Fan

Aw you're very welcome I love that scene SO MUCH!

{Max&Alec}
Old 03-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeniable (View Post)
I love that scene SO MUCH!
I think it was my favorite scene of the series thus far! It just shows how far Ricky has come as well as how Adrian never gave up on him (as a friend and as a lover). As the old cliche goes: it speaks volumes!
Old 03-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Master Fan

Awesome animations!
Old 03-25-2009, 11:03 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you

Camille, I have to agree. Though it wouldn't have been so satisfying if the rest of the series hadn't happened. Also, I was a huge fan of the scene when Ricky opened up to her. It was so angsty and heartbreaking! But the fact that he opened up to her was really good imo.

{Max&Alec}
Old 03-25-2009, 11:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

A little Outsider art:

And two icons:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeniable (View Post)
Camille, I have to agree. Though it wouldn't have been so satisfying if the rest of the series hadn't happened. Also, I was a huge fan of the scene when Ricky opened up to her. It was so angsty and heartbreaking! But the fact that he opened up to her was really good imo.
Oh, I agree. That scene was so rich because it came at the end, after all the growth that Adrian and Ricky have had as a couple and as individuals this season. And the scene where he opened up to her was another great one. Once again, Daren and Francia were spot on: "Then let's get to know each other!" The pain on their faces, Ricky's voice, and Adrian's desperation to help him...it was so raw and real. And I don't think he would've opened up like that to anyone else.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:21 AM
Elite Fan

Me neither. I think it scares Ricky how well Adrian knows him and that she wants to know ALL of him, and he can't understand why anybody would love him for who he is.

{Max&Alec}
Old 03-26-2009, 08:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think that's absolutely correct. He's so hateful of himself that I really don't think he believes he deserves to be loved, much less have someone want to and actually truly love him for everything he is.

He thought he could brush her off that night like he does with everyone else. He's stubborn and pushes them away, but Adrian persisted, she refused to just let him walk away like that. I think he realized that, just maybe, she wouldn't let him go because he'd finally found someone that cares for him in a way he didn't think anyone should or could. I doubt any girl has ever been like that with him before, much less said that she wanted to "get to know" him. (That line is among my favorites.) I love how one by one, Adrian is breaking down his defensive walls. (It's like the Alamo! lol) But I'm okay with that, because that'll make the payoff so much sweeter when that last one finally comes crashing down.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Love the banner and icons!

Even though I no longer ship these two like I used to, I thought I would just check in and make sure things were going well for you guys

Almost to thread 4, awesome!
Emma♥Neal
Old 03-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Master Fan

Here's a Daren short interview thing I found over on ABCFamily, talking about the characters... he talks about Adrian/Francia first; I laughed when he said, "She's the girl version of my character I guess.."

ETa- Yeah the link would help, wouldn't it?

ABC Family: The Secret Life of the American Teenager behind the scenes: daren kagasoff (ricky underwood) - part 2
Old 03-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks, Ronnie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusta (View Post)
Here's a Daren short interview thing I found over on ABCFamily, talking about the characters... he talks about Adrian/Francia first; I laughed when he said, "She's the girl version of my character I guess.."
lol I've always thought that. It's like Ricky and Adrian are the male/female version of one another and Grace and Jack are the female/male versions of one another and the polar opposites of Ricky and Adrian. lol Thanks for bringing that link over, Ashley.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Pinky (View Post)
I've always thought that. It's like Ricky and Adrian are the male/female version of one another
I've always thought that too. I think that's kind of how they set it up.

Of coarse since the topic is what it is, because of sexism, Adrian is called a **** and Ricky's status only rises But yeah, they are definitely the opposite gender counterparts
Old 03-26-2009, 07:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Of coarse since the topic is what it is, because of sexism, Adrian is called a **** and Ricky's status only rises
Ugh, I hate that! (It makes me so mad when I go to a site and see Adrian getting called names like that and then that same person turns around and talks about how hot Ricky is. ) If you want to look at it that way: he's just as much a man whore as she is a **** and she's just as much a sex goddess as he is appealing because of his bad boy image. It's so ridiculous.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Master Fan

^ Agreed 100% Camille.

If she's a ****, he's a ****.

Which people admit to, haha, the only difference is: When it comes to him, it's "hot". And okay, so I dig it. But I'm not going around calling Adrian a ****. I think she's doing it with class, if that makes sense. Like Joe said... or someone? She embraces it. She's had a few bed buddies but she doesn't fall into bed with every guy she looks at. Like she told Max: "I may be easy, but I'm not that easy. If you want this, you have to work for it."
Old 03-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I think she's doing it with class, if that makes sense. Like Joe said... or someone? She embraces it. She's had a few bed buddies but she doesn't fall into bed with every guy she looks at. Like she told Max: "I may be easy, but I'm not that easy. If you want this, you have to work for it."
Yeah, that's certainly true. (And her boys really do work for it! )
Old 03-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

That they do.

Whenever I'm listening to Britney Spears' song "Circus" I think of Adrian when I hear the line: "I'm like a fire cracker, I make it hot" I have no idea why.

Anyways... okay Camille.. run off and make your new thread