Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-29-2008, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

guest-star appreciation thread

We already have a "who we'd like to see guest-star" thread, but I thought that Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes has had their fair share of guest-stars. So who's your favourite? Why?

I think my absolute favourite was Marc Warren, he played Tony Crane in the episode "Helpless" (2x01). Why? Partly because it's Marc Warren (I blame Hustle, I've a bit of a crush on the man ) but partly because he just played Tony Crane so well, melding the crazy factor with a bit of charm and evilness.

So who are your favourites? Why?

ETA: I'm trying this out as its own thread for now, but if people think it should be combined with the other guest-star thread, I'll merge the two.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 12-29-2008, 09:23 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Not sure about LoM right now, but I know who's been my fave so far on Ashes to Ashes: Matthew Macfayden as Gil Hollis - I'd never recognized him in that outfit & with that accent, despite having just seen him on two seasons of Spooks, if his name hadn't turned up in the credits and of course because of the little insight joke of Keeley being his wife in RL.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That one was good. Only because I read about everyone and everything on wikipedia did I learn that MM and KH are married. Good choice.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 01-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ Janet ~ (View Post)
I think my absolute favourite was Marc Warren, he played Tony Crane in the episode "Helpless" (2x01). Why? Partly because it's Marc Warren (I blame Hustle, I've a bit of a crush on the man ) but partly because he just played Tony Crane so well, melding the crazy factor with a bit of charm and evilness.

So who are your favourites? Why?
I think he was probably my favorite too. I looove that episode, which seems to be an unpopular opinion.

I really liked Kelly Wenham as Joni Newton in 1x04. I thought she played both sides (the girl who was setting up Sam and the girl who was trapped and just wanted a way out) equally well. And she is gorgeous.

And since I believe John Simm hung the moon ( ), it's fun for me to see people he's worked with before pop up in Life on Mars. Marc Warren is one of them. Paul Copley (Reg Cole in 1x06) played John's father-in-law in The Lakes and his father in A Pinch of Snuff. Eva Pope (Carol Twilling in 2x04) played his girlfriend in Men of the World.