Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

1x07 - "The Man Who Sold The World" Episode Discussion

Quote:
The Man Who Sold The World

Nov 20, Thu 10/9c
Sam comes face-to-face with his father when he's implicated in a kidnapping scheme, only to discover some deep dark secrets about his own childhood.
source: ABC

Enjoy discussing the show. Personally I love that they're really bringing his childhood to the forefront again...
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 11-20-2008, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

I can't wait, it looks really good!
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 11-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Supreme Fan

Wow, Sam meets [I don't know what word to use ] his father! I can't wait.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ His father was a Ahole, what an episode I am shocked that his father turned out to be a murderer. The scenes with Vic and Sam playing basketball were fun. But no wonder Sam got sent back to 1973.

I'm glad Sam saved Annie and tried to protect him mother.

Anyway, this was another great episode I was very impressed with it. So who is in the basement? Uhm!
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 11-21-2008, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yeah, 1973 was a pivotal year in Sam's life. I had forgotten so much until last night.

Two little points of interest:
1) Sam calling his mother "mom" then quickly correcting himself by saying "Mrs. Tyler" and looking embarrassed. I was a bit embarrassed for him.
2) Sam watching his father get interrogated by Gene and Ray (I can't remember if Chris was there). Not so long ago he'd have stopped Gene from getting physical with Vic, but he didn't in last night's episode. The question is was this because he changed over the time he's been in 1973 or is it because of his close proximity to the case?
I really need to rewatch this episode.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Loyal Fan

I couldn't believe his dad actually shot him.....and during the time he was on the gurney - was that 1973 still? this was my first real viewing of the show, so I wasn't certain if Sam was flipping between times only to end up in 1973 again in the hospital talking to Anne.

Would I go down into the basement? Knowing he has heard that voice before, does it make him feel that going into the basement -no harm will come to him? I just don't know, seems his instincts are getting there...afterall he figured out the address now didn't he, but ................

I can't believe I decided to give it a try and what happens, it is off on hiatus until January 28th.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

welcome.

Thanks for your thoughts on the episode, it was an interesting read.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:14 AM
Supreme Fan

Creepy, creepy cliffhanger. I felt like they were channeling Jigsaw with the guy's voice on the phone.

I really didn't think his dad would actually shoot him! Mostly because with most television shows he would've put the gun down and started crying or something.

I'm glad the red dress vision is finally solved. Hasn't it been going on since the pilot?

Wow, I have no idea how I'm going to last until January 28th
Old 11-22-2008, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly! I loved that they went that way,

Yep it's been going on since the pilot.

We're all in the same boat.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Master Fan

I Loved this Episode and I'm kind of bummed that its on hiatus till the end of January but I'm sure the time will go by fast
anyways I loved how the red dress mystery was finally solved,My only complaint was the cliff hanger ending and I think that mainly stems from the fact that it reminded me of LOST in a way *shrugs*
Old 01-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Supreme Fan

you know what I just realized? At the beginning of the episode, when little Sam has the tv on in the background, you can see the red dress vision on the tv screen. Weird.