Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2016, 06:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)

To be honest, it's not really a great movie, although Josh is great in it. So...it not being a great horror movie kind of helped me watch it all the way through. I found the plot and ending pretty obvious.

But it is so worth a watch if you like Josh, go for it!
For a real scare, watch the original (Thai) version.

Conway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
My friend and I had a whole discussion about the movie - which I think is too spoilery since someone is maybe going to watch it for the first time. I do think he's super duper peak pretty in the movie. (Also, I got the "unrated" version for my birthday and haven't watched it yet.)
I'm going to have to check my copy to see if it's the unrated, or I should say "copies" as I believe I have 3

Is the original one that much scarier than Josh's version?

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
My friend and I had a whole discussion about the movie - which I think is too spoilery since someone is maybe going to watch it for the first time. I do think he's super duper peak pretty in the movie. (Also, I got the "unrated" version for my birthday and haven't watched it yet.)
He does look so very lovely in the pictures which is more than likely what will get me through it
That is the pull of this man. I think I'd be quite happy to sit and watch him read the phonebook
CatF2207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatF2207 (View Post)
He does look so very lovely in the pictures which is more than likely what will get me through it
That is the pull of this man. I think I'd be quite happy to sit and watch him read the phonebook
He is just gorgeous in this movie. Definitely.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatF2207 (View Post)
I swear everyone that becomes a fan has said the same thing, including me. I feel you will be watching this movie in the next couple of weeks. Good Luck and make sure you come back to the Thread and share your thoughts.

If you are interested you can watch one of Josh's early movies on YouTube. It's Ronnie and Julie and he did that movie before Dawson's Creek. It's a Hallmark movie, so it's kind of cheesy.

You have to watch it in parts. Here is the link to Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E-8Ovtypro

Old 10-18-2016, 07:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

I found Ronnie and Julie very much a "made for kids" movie, like Mighty Ducks. Josh is cute in it, but I can't find him attractive as a kid. .
Old 10-18-2016, 08:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I swear everyone that becomes a fan has said the same thing, including me. I feel you will be watching this movie in the next couple of weeks. Good Luck and make sure you come back to the Thread and share your thoughts.

If you are interested you can watch one of Josh's early movies on YouTube. It's Ronnie and Julie and he did that movie before Dawson's Creek. It's a Hallmark movie, so it's kind of cheesy.

You have to watch it in parts. Here is the link to Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E-8Ovtypro
When I work up the courage I will definitely report back

Oh thanks I may take a look at that. I imagine probably before Shutter if I'm being entirely honest!! I am such a scaredy cat, I know its ridiculous.
CatF2207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
I found Ronnie and Julie very much a "made for kids" movie, like Mighty Ducks. Josh is cute in it, but I can't find him attractive as a kid. .
That is true, but it's fun to check out his early work just to see how he has progressed.

Old 10-19-2016, 05:07 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)

He almost looks like Pacey season 1 in that movie. I think it was filmed between Mighty Ducks 3 and the Dawson's Creek pilot.
Old 10-19-2016, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
He almost looks like Pacey season 1 in that movie. I think it was filmed between Mighty Ducks 3 and the Dawson's Creek pilot.
It was done in 1997 and he was hired to star in DC in 1997 even though it aired in 1998. He was a busy boy back then with 4 projects in 1997 not counting DC and then a couple more in 1998. 2005 was another busy year for Josh with 5 projects and when he did Shutter, he also did One Week and started Fringe. Aside from the fact that a lot of his movies are Indie films, he's been around a lot. Let's hope that continues.

Old 06-24-2017, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I missed this Birthday wish to Josh from FOX, but better late than never.

Fox Home Ent‏
Verified account
*@FoxHomeEnt Jun 11
A picture is worth a thousand words and this one is worth four: Happy Birthday Joshua Jackson! #Shutter

I don't think I posted this one either, but I did RT it on his birthday.

Horror31 *

‏*@Horror31 Jun 11
Happy Birthday to Joshua Jackson, star of Shutter (2008), Cursed (2005), Urban Legend (1998) and Scream 2 (1997) #JoshuaJackson

The Movie Scene‏*@TheMovieScene Jun 11
Joshua Jackson and Rachael Taylor in Shutter (2008) https://goo.gl/XyT22Y

Horror Vault‏*@horrorvault_uk Jun 11
'Joshua Jackson' star of 2008's 'Shutter' and 1998's 'Urban Legend' was born this day in 1978 #OTD #Horror

Last edited by JJH85; 06-24-2017 at 02:03 PM
Old 08-22-2019, 03:03 AM
Passionate Fan

Old 08-22-2019, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Who's the girl in the pic?

Old 08-22-2019, 06:48 PM
Passionate Fan

That's Rachael Taylor!
Old 08-22-2019, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
That's Rachael Taylor!
Wow, it hardly looks like her, but I guess that makes sense since you chose this Thread to post that pic

Reply   Post New Thread