Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2017, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

I love the way he cups a girl's face in his hand!
Old 07-17-2017, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I love the way he cups a girl's face in his hand!
OMG, I know

icon credit: crash landing
Old 07-18-2017, 02:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I pretty much knew what happened before I watched it and wondered whether to get the last series as I didn't think there was any more to see, but I loved it when I did see it.
Looking back at this entry I can't remember saying this about wondering whether to get the last season - I must have been drunk or something but there was never any doubt about getting the last season!

Quote:
I think I've waited too longs sometimes as certain parts of Fringe fandom have kind of spoiled things for me, not in the sense of saying what's happening, but in the sense of because they're irritating and irritating about certain things, I get irritated in response. Sometimes I feel like if Anna isn't your favorite, people think you're watching the show wrong. (And I love her! but.)
Talking about some Olivia fans they were, and some still are, weirdly possessive about Olivia (and Anna) to the detriment of all the other characters in the show (especially Peter). I too found it very irritating when people tried to pit one against the other, and I think just did it to get a rise out of the other character's fans.

I enjoyed the show (and still enjoy the re-watches) for what it was and not what anyone thought it should be! I love spotting the clues and 'easter eggs' for up coming episodes, and still find some hidden gems!
Old 07-18-2017, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I may be more of a Peter fan, but it doesn't diminish the respect I have for Olivia or her part in the show and how she was with the rest of the team.

As I said in the Polivia Thread on the Fringe Board, Peter and Olivia were great together regardless of whether they were a couple or not. I enjoyed everything about their relationship.

Old 07-18-2017, 05:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Talking about some Olivia fans they were, and some still are, weirdly possessive about Olivia (and Anna) to the detriment of all the other characters in the show (especially Peter). I too found it very irritating when people tried to pit one against the other, and I think just did it to get a rise out of the other character's fans.
I think there is a real OLIVIA IS THE BeSt some people have, and it's not to get a rise out of other fans, they just generally love Olivia to the detriment of the rest of the show.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
I think there is a real OLIVIA IS THE BeSt some people have, and it's not to get a rise out of other fans, they just generally love Olivia to the detriment of the rest of the show.
I can see that because I feel like that about Josh when talking about The Affair. I don't feel that way about Fringe though because it still is the Best Show I have ever seen. However, I do like Peter a lot more than I like Olivia, but that's just because it's Josh.

Old 07-19-2017, 04:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I can see that because I feel like that about Josh when talking about The Affair. I don't feel that way about Fringe though because it still is the Best Show I have ever seen. However, I do like Peter a lot more than I like Olivia, but that's just because it's Josh.
What's weird to me is the one who still say they love polivia but mostly it's all about Olivia. For me, when I ship, I love both characters. So it's a different way of engaging with the show from the way I do it.

Or the Anna fans who think the show went to pot just because they finally got polivia together. Which is also VERY DIFFERENT from the way I watch the show.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:10 PM
Elite Fan

Well whatever some people thought about the Polivia storylines, Joel Wyman is all about family and he was determined to make it a show about a family, even bringing in Broyles and Astrid as a kind of extended family.

As the producers said in the features on season 4, the season was always going to be about Peter getting his life back, and getting his girl back.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)

Or the Anna fans who think the show went to pot just because they finally got polivia together. Which is also VERY DIFFERENT from the way I watch the show.
I know that Peter and Olivia got together, but they always put their work first as in the writers didn't shift it to focus on the relationship. It was more about the overall relationships and they didn't make it all about Peter and Olivia which is why I think the show works so well. It never became a cheesy love story because there were so many other things to overcome within the storyline.

IMO they wrote their relationship the right way.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

Well in a cheesy love story, long loving looks and snatched kisses wouldn't have gone down so well over exploded corpses jigsaws, molerat babies and dead porcupine men.

Not to mention trips to the sewer and memories of John Scott, Alt-Olivia and William Bell, or Observer-Peter. Just your average love story!
Old 07-30-2017, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love this little moment between them,

http://33.media.tumblr.com/cdc532d0d...j125o2_250.gif

Old 07-31-2017, 09:03 AM
Elite Fan

Well that little 'moment' is Josh and Anna not Olivia and Peter. (Lets not get any more rumours started )
Old 07-31-2017, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

True, it's still cute though.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 08-12-2017, 02:58 PM
Elite Fan

I love the scenes in the 4th episode when Olivia is sort of flirting with Peter to try to persuade him to stay. Very similar to the end of the Pilot when she is telling him he has to stay because she needs Walter. There is a certain connection starting which gets a bit lost in the mayhem of all the gore and the pattern etc. as the series goes on. Then of course there is the ridiculous Rachel 'episode' - why did they even think to go there??? The coffee scene was funny though in that monster episode. Long before there was any real romance there was definitely a great bond forming between the two of them.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread