Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Supreme Fan

^ Pacey was SO talented --doing all the roles and every accent! Award-winning performance!! Plus the fact that he chose "The English Patient" to put Alexander back to sleep was hilarious.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Pacey was such an interesting character. He had so many layers to him and was such a complex character. The writers really gave Josh alot of scope with the character which he was able to portray beautifully.

What made Pacey such a great character, was that there was alot of different aspects to him that the viewers could relate to.

It was a shame that they ruined him in later seasons. It was like they didn't know how to write for him anymore.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It seemed like the writer's didn't know how to write the show, period, in the last couple seasons and, like you said, Pacey definitely suffered for it.

I mean, I liked that he found fields in which he excelled careerwise and I liked that he found a passion for cooking. I did not like that, romantically, they wrote him to be "the jerk." First, they have him "cheating" on Audrey with his boss, then they make it feel like he is the source of all of her unhappiness. Personally, I did not think he was but they did paint him like he was.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

Random pic

Nadia
Avi Credit: Beth
Old 10-26-2009, 06:01 PM
Total Fan

not his best look, but still looks great!

Old 10-27-2009, 11:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

I die for his smile!

Nadia
Avi Credit: Beth
Old 11-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Ali
Master Fan

Dawson's Creek board!
Old 11-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Master Fan

I love Josh's goatee in the beginning of season 6, but when it got really full it was alright, but that pic is to die for Ali

Quote:
I did not like that, romantically, they wrote him to be "the jerk." First, they have him "cheating" on Audrey with his boss, then they make it feel like he is the source of all of her unhappiness. Personally, I did not think he was but they did paint him like he was.
I think the reason the writers did this was so they can make the Dawson character look a bit better. They wrote Pacey as a really great guy for the first 3/4 seasons and I guess they decided it was Dawson's turn especially in season 4. They had Dawson mirror alot of the stuff Pacey did in season 3 for Joey and idk, season 5 and 6 were not great, the butchered the characters for me, everything about it was wrong IMO.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Banned

ITA. They figured if they made Pacey look like a jerk, everyone would like Dawson. NICE TRY WRITERS. A lot of things go into liking a character and for me the actor is equally as important as the writers. I like Joshua Jackson so eh, regardless it was Pacey for me
Old 11-05-2009, 10:42 AM
JoW
Master Fan

No matter what Pacey did I'd still love him as it was Josh.

Wasn't too happy when they made it seem like it was his fault Audrey got ill but still love him
Old 11-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That move was a bit short-sighted on their part.

Quote:
I think the reason the writers did this was so they can make the Dawson character look a bit better. They wrote Pacey as a really great guy for the first 3/4 seasons and I guess they decided it was Dawson's turn especially in season 4. They had Dawson mirror alot of the stuff Pacey did in season 3 for Joey and idk, season 5 and 6 were not great, the butchered the characters for me, everything about it was wrong IMO.
I think the only problem with that theory is that, in the romantic sense, Dawson was a bit of a man whore himself. They only relationship of substance he had was with Jen. It really seemed like they were ping ponging both of these guys back and forth between "other girls" and Joey. Like all of the women they were with in that time frame were simply filler until each of them was with Joey again.

What is sad is that all that stuff almost managed to overshadow the amazing growth and transformation of Pacey's character. They put his ailing love life up front when, in fact, he was growing up. He was actually moving on in his life and trying to make something for himself. First, he learned to be a chef, then he went out and found success as a financial adviser (I guess that's what you'd call his job in S6). Pacey was becoming the man that we all knew he could be but that played second fiddle to the mess with Audrey and then the reunion and demise of he and Joey again.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Like all of the women they were with in that time frame were simply filler until each of them was with Joey again
I think in a way it because about that for Pacey. I think seasons 5-6 was too motivated by Joey's love life which made it difficult to give Pacey storylines outside of romance. He could never completely get a legit love interest because then it would not be Joey's choice. As a PJo fan I loved it, that it was clear there would never be another Joey for him. As a Pacey fan it was a little frustrating.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Hello Everyone,

I have always wanted to do an Acrostic Poem of Pacey J. Witter, so here goes. Pacey has soooooooo many personality traits and emotions to depict it was really hard to narrow this down. I also thought of R is for Romance or C is for Charming, but there's no way to fit it all in. So I am hoping you will add more. I’d love to see everyone else’s ideas too!

P-A-C-E-Y

P is for Playful:

A is for Adorable:

C is for Crushed:

E is for Eye-Contact:

Y is for Yummy:

-J.-

J is for Joy:

W-I-T-T-E-R

W is for Winner:

I is for Intimacy:

T is for Temptation: