Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2020, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
You should! I never get tired of this show.
Ditto

icon credit: crash landing
Old 03-22-2020, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

It’s a good time to re watch.
I am an original”
Old 03-23-2020, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It’s a good time to re watch.
I agree

Old 03-24-2020, 10:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Pacey, the fictional love of my life.

I recently binge watched the series last year in Aug/Sep. I don't know what made me go back to it cuz I hadn't watched it since it went off the air. Maybe it was being so disappointed with the Game of Thrones finale and then realizing that the only series finales out of all my fave shows that didn't let me down were Dawson's Creek and Fringe lol. But I've since been watching it again for fic-writing purposes.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

It’s great to re watch. I somehow seem to re watch when times are rough so I will probably be watching soon.
I am an original”
Old 03-24-2020, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyLikesScience (View Post)
Pacey, the fictional love of my life.

I recently binge watched the series last year in Aug/Sep. I don't know what made me go back to it cuz I hadn't watched it since it went off the air. Maybe it was being so disappointed with the Game of Thrones finale and then realizing that the only series finales out of all my fave shows that didn't let me down were Dawson's Creek and Fringe lol. But I've since been watching it again for fic-writing purposes.
Pacey and Peter are my fictional crushes and I love each of them for different reasons. Fringe is my favourite show and although I liked Peter and Olivia as a couple, I have to admit that Pacey and Joey are my favourite couple #OTP.

|I even enjoy the PJo fan fics more than Poliva fan fics.

Old 03-25-2020, 06:47 AM
New Fan

Quote:
It’s great to re watch. I somehow seem to re watch when times are rough so I will probably be watching soon.
Same. I'm in a state of constant rewatch, but ESPECIALLY NOW!
Old 03-25-2020, 02:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Pacey and Peter are my fictional crushes and I love each of them for different reasons. Fringe is my favourite show and although I liked Peter and Olivia as a couple, I have to admit that Pacey and Joey are my favourite couple #OTP.

|I even enjoy the PJo fan fics more than Poliva fan fics.
I love Fringe, and I do love Peter and Olivia. I really like their love story, but to me, the true heart of the show was Walter and Peter's story. That's what truly touches me and makes me emotional about Fringe. And despite what the showrunners tried to ram down the viewers' throats, Pacey and Joey's love story was more of the heart of Dawson's Creek than the piss-poor writing and coupling that they tried with Dawson and Joey. I can't even buy the platonic soulmates thing they tried to sell at the very end. Pacey and Joey were way better suited, and a much more compelling, powerful connection than Dawson and Joey ever had. The show would've been even better had the writers & producers realized this long before it came time to write the series finale.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:25 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

^^^ITA. Dawson and Joey were very piss poor since they were only a couple in S2 and even then, they only dated for a few weeks at the most. After that, they didn't have a real relationship and they always imploded minutes in. As opposed to Pacey and Joey who had amazing build up as they were falling in love with each other in S3, then they had that great, mature, ride or die relationship in S4. It's no wonder P/J are the most popular thing about DC, along with the most well known thing about the show (which is one of the many reasons D/J fans are still bitter) It also doesn't help when the title character of the show is a childish, entitled, selfish douchebag. He wasn't likable at all, while Pacey was. Pacey also had a HELL of a lot more chemistry with Joey than Dawson did, so that has to sting too lol.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyLikesScience (View Post)
I love Fringe, and I do love Peter and Olivia. I really like their love story, but to me, the true heart of the show was Walter and Peter's story. That's what truly touches me and makes me emotional about Fringe. And despite what the showrunners tried to ram down the viewers' throats, Pacey and Joey's love story was more of the heart of Dawson's Creek than the piss-poor writing and coupling that they tried with Dawson and Joey. I can't even buy the platonic soulmates thing they tried to sell at the very end. Pacey and Joey were way better suited, and a much more compelling, powerful connection than Dawson and Joey ever had. The show would've been even better had the writers & producers realized this long before it came time to write the series finale.
I have to agree on both of those points. \I was more invested in the Walter/Pacey relationship as well, but the whole team of four were fantastic.

Pacey and Joey truly did have a more powerful connection. I feel the term soulmate doesn't really apply to the Dawson/Joey relationship, they really were more like family than anything and the true soulmates were Jack and Jen. However, Pacey and Joey were the real storyline, whether it was when they were apart of together, they were the more compelling characters.

Old 03-29-2020, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Pacey and Joey are what keeps me re watching the show time after time. I enjoy the other characters but their love story is truly one for the ages.
I am an original”
Old 03-29-2020, 02:39 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Their scenes are the only reason I rewatch the show too.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Pacey and Joey are what keeps me re watching the show time after time. I enjoy the other characters but their love story is truly one for the ages.
I totally agree and of course there is that #JoshAffect too

Old 03-29-2020, 08:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
pacey and joey are what keeps me re watching the show time after time. I enjoy the other characters but their love story is truly one for the ages.
facts.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

He had the charisma to carry the show.
I am an original”
Closed Thread   Post New Thread