Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2016, 07:10 AM
Elite Fan

Pacey Witter Appreciation Thread #13: Baggy pants and Hawaiian Shirts-He's our Pacey!

Pacey Witter Appreciation Thread
He Could Charm his Way Around Anything Even In Baggy Pants And Hawaiian shirts!

Previous Threads

{1} {2} {3} {4} {5} {6} {7} {8} {9} {10} {11}
http://www.fanforum.com/f30/pacey-wi...side-63148562/
Old 11-05-2016, 09:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Yay! Finally a new thread
Old 11-05-2016, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new Thread. I didn't even notice that we needed a new one.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 11-09-2016, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for a new thread!
I am an original”
Old 11-10-2016, 08:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Question I often wonder: did Pacey like or hate his job in s6? He seemed to like the money and being good at it, but I never thought he actually enjoyed being there.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
Question I often wonder: did Pacey like or hate his job in s6? He seemed to like the money and being good at it, but I never thought he actually enjoyed being there.
I think he liked the fact that he was good at it and since he never really felt he was good at anything (besides being a chef), I think he just wanted to succeed and of course the money didn't hurt. After all he was prepared to call it quits part way through because it just wasn't him, but changed his mind when Rich gave him his bonus cheque, so money did play a factor.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I think he liked the fact that he was good at it and since he never really felt he was good at anything (besides being a chef), I think he just wanted to succeed and of course the money didn't hurt. After all he was prepared to call it quits part way through because it just wasn't him, but changed his mind when Rich gave him his bonus cheque, so money did play a factor.
It is nicely established in the earlier seasons that Pacey and Joey are the ones without much access to money while Dawson and Jen and Andie have it easier that way. Remember Pacey doing the pageant just to get out of his house? (season 1 is really kind of super dark about Pacey's homelife - his father in particular.)
Old 11-11-2016, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It is nicely established in the earlier seasons that Pacey and Joey are the ones without much access to money while Dawson and Jen and Andie have it easier that way. Remember Pacey doing the pageant just to get out of his house? (season 1 is really kind of super dark about Pacey's homelife - his father in particular.)
And Joey's comment about entering to win so she can go to College because that would be the only way she could get out of Capeside.

Old 11-20-2016, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Isn't he just the cutest thing ever?

Grace Anastasia ‏@geeanastasiaa Nov 10
Joshua Jackson as Pacey Witter. The one whos responsible for this whole Dawson's Creek obsession of mine. #teamPacey

Old 01-17-2017, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This probably made it to the Board before, but just came across it again, so posting in case it hasn't been here before.

8 times Pacey from Dawson's Creek ruined us for all other men

Old 02-09-2017, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know this storyline was wrong, but I still love what Pacey said here. Besides, I'm sure all of us at some point fantasized about an older person or maybe even a younger one.

And right here Pacey captured our hearts.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:07 AM
Extreme Fan

Pacey's not in the wrong in the Pacey/Tamara storyline, Tamara is. She's the one committing the crime.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Pacey's not in the wrong in the Pacey/Tamara storyline, Tamara is. She's the one committing the crime.
I know that, but some fans just can't get past it. The only thing that keeps me liking this is that Josh was actually older than the character, but I loved Josh through the whole Pacey/Tamara storyline.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, because if it were Josh at 15, that's D2 Josh or D3. Either way, I dislike the storyline because even if the writers didn't think of it as a crime, it's written as classic gaslighting and abuse. It never once came off to me as a love story.

It's funny all the people talking about how gross the storyline is now they're repeating it on Riverdale with Archie at 15 sleeping with a teacher. Much more than you heard at the time from Pacey and Tamara. I think it's a good change. (But I think a lot of s1 Dawson's Creek portrays horrible attitudes about sex and abuse. Don't get me started on Jen "I had sex at 12 when I was drunk but that's not anything bad, I was 'oversexed'" Lindley.)
Old 02-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I never thought of it as a Love story, for me it was about Pacey learning how to treat a woman and of course other things. It wasn't that I liked them together so much as I liked how Pacey was within the storyline and of course it showed early on how mature he could be by taking the wrap for the so called rumour about him and Miss Jacobs.

I just finished watching episode 3 of Riverdale tonight and when I first saw Archie and Miss Grundy, it immediately brought me back to Pacey and Tamara.

Funny thing about Riverdale is there were a couple of references in DC where Joey and Jen were referred to as Betty and Veronica

Closed Thread   Post New Thread