New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2021, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They were indeed.
Old 01-19-2021, 12:00 AM
Master Fan

You know it, they were always fun and hot to watch. They were so into it every time lol.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 12:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

One thing I have always wondered is the demographic break down of Pacey/Joey fans. I get the feeling that there are more females who prefer Pacey, and more males who prefer Dawson. My theory is that most females would love to find a guy like Pacey that unconditionally loved Joey through his many goofs in my eyes. He also was so passionate, and was a great friend to her first and foremost.

On the other hand, I cannot see how many women would even enjoy Dawson and Joey. He is so aloof and always put his own wants ahead of Joey's. He tried to move on but shamed her for doing it first. He had the gall to ask if she had sex with her own boyfriend. Not many women would enjoy the dynamic of a girl acting like a lapdog and a fool to remain in someone's good graces, but many men enjoy the dynamic of a hot girl that secretly adores them.
PJ_always87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ_always87 (View Post)
One thing I have always wondered is the demographic break down of Pacey/Joey fans. I get the feeling that there are more females who prefer Pacey, and more males who prefer Dawson. My theory is that most females would love to find a guy like Pacey that unconditionally loved Joey through his many goofs in my eyes. He also was so passionate, and was a great friend to her first and foremost.

On the other hand, I cannot see how many women would even enjoy Dawson and Joey. He is so aloof and always put his own wants ahead of Joey's. He tried to move on but shamed her for doing it first. He had the gall to ask if she had sex with her own boyfriend. Not many women would enjoy the dynamic of a girl acting like a lapdog and a fool to remain in someone's good graces, but many men enjoy the dynamic of a hot girl that secretly adores them.
I guess since we are Pacey fans, it's hard for us to imagine Joey with Dawson, but some of those Dawson fans are also Pacey/Andie fans, so I can see how they wouldn't ship Pacey/Joey.
Old 01-19-2021, 07:48 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I can't stand guys who act like they can CONTROL a woman, treats them horribly, or talks down to them. That's how Dawson always treated Joey, especially acting like he can move on but basically sl.. shaming her if she does with his passive aggressive, manipulative bs. I'm also surprised if more guys like Dawson over Pacey, why would they like an overdramatic little b*tch like Dawson? I thought they would like a guy with a spine that's funny, and tells it like it is like Pacey. Despite the gender, most people shouldn't like Dawson cause he's an ahole which seems to be the majority of DC fans anyway lol.
Old 01-21-2021, 04:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Someone once asked why Pacey was able to give Joey so many chances when she messed up but he was unable to forgive Andie when she cheated on him. I reckon it's because he knew she was the one for him, and he probably knew this by 20. I feel as if he knew that she was the one girl that if he could make it work he wouldn't really look for anyone else. I didn't sense this feeling with Andie after season 3.

I also think this makes him different from Dawson who was not presented in such a light until end of season 6 when they realized they needed to conclude the triangle. I mean even Audrey said that Joey was the one that got away, whereas all she said was Dawson and Joey needed to sort out their crap. She didn't say they needed to be together as a couple, so I took that to mean that they needed to recognize that their romantic relationship was dead, and had been for about 5 years at that point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I guess since we are Pacey fans, it's hard for us to imagine Joey with Dawson, but some of those Dawson fans are also Pacey/Andie fans, so I can see how they wouldn't ship Pacey/Joey.
Very true. Although as a Pacey fan I don't mind Pacey and Andie, but it's not my cup of tea in comparison to Pacey and Joey. They just stand out in a league of their own as a pairing.
Old 01-21-2021, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ_always87 (View Post)
Someone once asked why Pacey was able to give Joey so many chances when she messed up but he was unable to forgive Andie when she cheated on him.
Well I think cheating is a whole other level and I can understand it being hard to forgive that vs anything that Joey might have done. I don't think you can compare the two things.

Quote:
Very true. Although as a Pacey fan I don't mind Pacey and Andie, but it's not my cup of tea in comparison to Pacey and Joey. They just stand out in a league of their own as a pairing.
I didn't mind Pacey and Andie early on, but then it got to a point where Pacey seemed to put more into their relationship than Andie and I was less into their pairing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Yeah, I can't stand guys who act like they can CONTROL a woman, treats them horribly, or talks down to them. That's how Dawson always treated Joey, especially acting like he can move on but basically sl.. shaming her if she does with his passive aggressive, manipulative bs. I'm also surprised if more guys like Dawson over Pacey, why would they like an overdramatic little b*tch like Dawson? I thought they would like a guy with a spine that's funny, and tells it like it is like Pacey. Despite the gender, most people shouldn't like Dawson cause he's an ahole which seems to be the majority of DC fans anyway lol.
I think guys tend to be more inclined to dislike the popular guys and Pacey was quite popular with the fans which is likely why guys didn't like him. I think guys feel threatened when girls show interest in the popular celebs.

Last edited by JJH85; 01-21-2021 at 05:54 PM
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 05:50 PM
Master Fan

I agree, plus JOEY DIDN'T CHEAT ON HIM lol. So there's that. I also agree Joey was the one and he knew it. I think he said in S4 this was the most important relationship he's ever been in, so he was in it for the long haul as was Joey. Unlike D/J, Pacey and Joey fought for their relationship and love. Not just cave and give up instantly like D/J.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I agree, plus JOEY DIDN'T CHEAT ON HIM lol. So there's that. I also agree Joey was the one and he knew it. I think he said in S4 this was the most important relationship he's ever been in, so he was in it for the long haul as was Joey. Unlike D/J, Pacey and Joey fought for their relationship and love. Not just cave and give up instantly like D/J.
I agree, Pacey and Joey did fight for their relationship, but in a good way. They talked things out and for the most part were open and honest about their feelings. There were a couple moments where they weren't being honest, but part of that was not being honest with themselves. That was more healthy than anything Dawson and Joey had.
Old 01-21-2021, 11:39 PM
Master Fan

I agree. I always loved that Pacey and Joey talked out their problems, were honest and vulnerable with each other, and handled it like ADULTS. Like I said before, D/J usually lied to each other and let their problems fester basically eating away at them and any potential relationship. All relationships have ups and downs, and their not always easy. To handle it together is what makes them strong and long lasting. Just one of the many reasons P/J had a real relationship and ended up together, while D/J didn't.
Old 01-22-2021, 08:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

That's very true that she never cheated. I am so glad that Pacey was the one to end things with Joey, regardless how I cringe in the execution, and that she did not cheat on him. That really salvaged things because it allowed Pacey to do some introspection and have some self-confidence in himself before trying again with Joey. One thing I love in Castaways is that Joey reminds Pacey that he broke up with her. That shows that it clearly bothered her that he dumped her, and it reminded the audience that she would not have broken up with him. They were working things out together as a pairings.

I agree that even though they argued in season 4, they resolved their issues within an episode or so like a normal couple. They didn't cruelly string each other along for years on end, and become a torn in each other's sides.
Old 01-22-2021, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

I agree, even though I hated when they broke up I'm glad it was Pacey that ended it and not Joey. Mainly cause of some of her annoying wishy washiness she did in S4 (Like lying to Dawson about sleeping with Pacey SMH) I also agree her bringing up in Castaways that Pacey dumped her showed she was still raw about it and didn't want their relationship to end. They couldn't quit each other lol.
Old 01-22-2021, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Except for Promicide, the writers did a great job on Pacey and Joey's story line.
Old 01-23-2021, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 01-23-2021, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Disney
Bones

I agree, besides Promicide I enjoyed every up and down of their relationship.

I agree that Pacey was able to work things out with Joey more so than Andie because cheating is on a whole other level. That is nothing against the Pacey/Andie pairing because I did not hate them. I just did not love them like I love Pacey/Joey.

Aww that behind the scenes video is adorable!
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread