Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2020, 09:51 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I agree, I loved how surprised Pacey was when she admitted to having feelings for him too.
Old 12-26-2020, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree that is nervousness was sweet and endearing. It made the whole thing feel more natural in some way because of it.

Good point about him being nervous because she had already rejected him.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 12-27-2020, 01:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

I watched the series finale yesterday, and I also watched AWT. I realized that not only is Pacey her first sexual experience ,he will also be her last. It all came back full circle.

The one thing I never got was how Joey was so okay with Audrey sleeping with Pacey when up until season 6, he was the only guy she had sex with. It just did not come across as believable, given her views about sex and intimacy. I have to wonder if the writers were trying to get us to get off the PJ train, and tried all the tricks in the book.
Old 12-27-2020, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ_always87 (View Post)
I watched the series finale yesterday, and I also watched AWT. I realized that not only is Pacey her first sexual experience ,he will also be her last. It all came back full circle.

The one thing I never got was how Joey was so okay with Audrey sleeping with Pacey when up until season 6, he was the only guy she had sex with. It just did not come across as believable, given her views about sex and intimacy. I have to wonder if the writers were trying to get us to get off the PJ train, and tried all the tricks in the book.
They kept trying to get Joey and Dawson back together, but it was never successful, so I think they figured if they paired Pacey with someone else then the fans would be okay with yet another DJo pairing. All was for naught though.

On a more shallow note and one of pure fiction, I like to think that because Joey loved Pacey as much as she did that she truly wanted him to be happy and when he said he needed to go live his own life for a while, she respected that and let things happen. You know that old saying "if you love something set it free", well that's how I look at it.

Old 12-27-2020, 11:06 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I agree, I always found it weird and ridiculous Joey was so non chalant about Pacey sleeping with her roommate. I also agree it was to mainly force D/J again and act like P/J never existed but that failed miserably.
Old 12-28-2020, 12:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

I honestly think that few if any people budged off the PJ ship. I do not think the writers or cast knew that Pacey/PJ would blow up the way it did. I often wonder if they thought PJ was popular because of Joey, and that we would accept her with Dawson or someone else. The writers must have been frustrated when they realized it was Pacey that the PJ fans were really passionate about.

It must have been very flattering for Josh! His character went from a sidekick to arguably the most popular character on the show!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)

On a more shallow note and one of pure fiction, I like to think that because Joey loved Pacey as much as she did that she truly wanted him to be happy and when he said he needed to go live his own life for a while, she respected that and let things happen. You know that old saying "if you love something set it free", well that's how I look at it.
Yeah that and the fact that he was awful in Promicide, so maybe she was determined to save face and put that behind her. The only way she could move forward after the public break up was to pretend that she was OK with him going out with her friend. I mean obviously it bothered him as we saw in Castaways. So even if he pretended he was happy with DJ getting their shot, we were shown in canon that it was a lie and he was upset that she tried to pretend they didn't happen. Similarly, she did cite that she had to find a way to repair herself after he dumped her.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I honestly think that few if any people budged off the PJ ship. I do not think the writers or cast knew that Pacey/PJ would blow up the way it did. I often wonder if they thought PJ was popular because of Joey, and that we would accept her with Dawson or someone else. The writers must have been frustrated when they realized it was Pacey that the PJ fans were really passionate about.

It must have been very flattering for Josh! His character went from a sidekick to arguably the most popular character on the show!

Yeah that and the fact that he was awful in Promicide, so maybe she was determined to save face and put that behind her. The only way she could move forward after the public break up was to pretend that she was OK with him going out with her friend. I mean obviously it bothered him as we saw in Castaways. So even if he pretended he was happy with DJ getting their shot, we were shown in canon that it was a lie and he was upset that she tried to pretend they didn't happen. Similarly, she did cite that she had to find a way to repair herself after he dumped her.
So glad someone sees things my way

I wonder if the writers incorporated that into the story line because of public outrage over Joey being ok with seeing Pacey witg someone else.

Old 12-28-2020, 11:31 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

You can't force and ignore chemistry, it's a shame some TV shows don't get that but they quickly learned their lesson from that foolishness.
Old 12-28-2020, 11:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
So glad someone sees things my way

I wonder if the writers incorporated that into the story line because of public outrage over Joey being ok with seeing Pacey witg someone else.
I think the audience was annoyed by that. Also, people didn't understand Pacey's actions either. His nonchalance about Joey dating Dawson did not make any sense given his insecurities in season 4. They just tried too hard to sell a friendship to the point of insanity.

I also dislike the lack of scenes in season 5. However, I think they knew the actors sparked too well together, and wanted the audience to forget about the ship.

Perhaps we are lucky they dropped it until season 6. They may have messed things up irreparably if they had been given any focus.
Old 12-29-2020, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I always thought it was crazy that Joey was okay with Pacey dating her roommate. That would have been so uncomfortable. I like that it was mildly addressed in season six at least in Castaways.

PJ really did explode and once they got together there was no way they could ever go back to DJ. I don’t hate even hate DJ early on. But I remember I stopped watching in season five for awhile when it was originally on. It wasn’t until I was older that I went back and re watched.
I am an original”
Old 12-29-2020, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Perhaps we are lucky they dropped it until season 6. They may have messed things up irreparably if they had been given any focus.
Good point

Old 12-29-2020, 08:48 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

lol I don't get why they thought people would forget about P/J. After having lobster, why would you go back to cold, limp fish sticks?
Old 12-29-2020, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
lol I don't get why they thought people would forget about P/J. After having lobster, why would you go back to cold, limp fish sticks?

I know right

Old 01-01-2021, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
. This comment is everything.
Emily
Old 01-01-2021, 01:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly85 (View Post)
lol i don't get why they thought people would forget about p/j. After having lobster, why would you go back to cold, limp fish sticks?
This.

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Closed Thread   Post New Thread