Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2019, 06:46 AM
Elite Fan

thanks Butterfly85

I wasn't sure how to interpret that scene JJH85. That's an interesting way to look at it. I thought she was trying to avoid him because she didn't know how to tell him about her feelings for Pacey

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

I also saw it as her being rattled and uneasy. She also made it PAINFULLY obvious she was hiding something too.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 06:17 AM
Elite Fan

agree Butterfly85. I like how she talks about Pacey when she is in Dawson's room. I like how Dawson asks if she thinks things are going to be better with Pacey and she is honest and says she doesn't know, but that she needs him. What's interesting is in 301, Joey asks Pacey "How does he know what she needs?" In 315, she says she needed him the most. In 320, she says "She needs him" and in 323, she says "Not as much as I need you Pacey." The writers started the beginning of the season with Joey asking Pacey what she needs and end the season saying it's Pacey. She says how she feels about Pacey is completely separate about how she feels about him and their friendship. Dawson knew he was coming in second place to Pacey. That is why he gave her the ultimatum

Old 01-06-2019, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What a good correlation about the "needing" him comments.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:03 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you. I think Julie Plec said form 301 that PJ were planned when Pacey finds Joey on the dock. I liked the metaphors the writers would use sometimes

Old 01-06-2019, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would love to hear more from the show runners about what they felt about the PJo/DJo comparisons and everything leading up to the decision to have a PJo endgame. I know we pretty much know the gist of it all, but I want details
Old 01-06-2019, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

I would love that..to be a fly in their walls.. So glad that they chose to end with PJo..b/c her choosing Dawson wouldn't have made sense. Even that last season, they kept showing Pacey and Joey were meant for each other.
SweetSymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree, a DJo endgame just wouldn't have felt right and would have felt forced. I admit though that the PJo endgame was a bit quick for my liking, I would have preferred a bigger buildup, but considering we only had 2 hours to get there, I'm okay with what we got.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

I agree about the "need" being kept around in S3, I always loved when Joey kept saying and showing she needed Pacey. I agree that Dawson and Joey ending up together literally wouldn't of felt right. They couldn't even make it work longer than a few weeks when they were teenagers, so how could they make it work long term as adults? They would of also been doomed cause they didn't have a REAL relationship and get to know each other so again, how could they even make that work? They never got those kinks out back then. Also, considering how childish their issues and dilemmas were that's another reason I couldn't see them making it work. Along with Dawson being too immature, melodramatic, selfish and self absorbed to put Joey first if she ever became his wife. I feel Joey outgrew Dawson like a shirt that was too small for her.

Dawson and Joey seemed to never reconnect right and their feelings never remained the same when they tried to get back together. I love in the finale when Pacey and Joey were having that food fight then they stare at each other, laugh, then they look at each other again then Pacey says "Here we are again. What is it between the two of us?" I love that ease and comfort where they just easily pick up where they left off even after all those years. They always had that red hot fire, that's another thing D/J didn't have that made them so vanilla and bland. I'll take the spice of P/J any day. Dawson never inspired Joey or made her feel things she never felt before like Pacey. Pacey is the one that made her feel alive for the first time.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree that Pacey was the one who made her really feel something. I think she was just going through the motions with Dawson because he was a big part of her life, but he just didn't have what it took to spark that fire in Joey. Pacey had that and she knew it.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:21 AM
Elite Fan

thanks Butterfly85. I liked that too

This hug is one of my favorites

Old 01-11-2019, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He just melts my heart when I see that
Old 01-12-2019, 12:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

That hug really shows how much they love each other, especially Joey. She was so scared she would lose him, just another thing showing why he's the love of her life.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:52 AM
Elite Fan

welcome

found this. KH was such a PJer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmVBt4H_t0Y

Old 01-12-2019, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
welcome

found this. KH was such a PJer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmVBt4H_t0Y
I know, she's almost giddy with excitement.

I also love how Katie hugs Josh when he almost breaks down giving his speech, so cute.
Reply   Post New Thread