Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2017, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I always felt so highly of Pacey when he said that to Joey about holding her back. It was so selfless.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 05-27-2017, 06:59 AM
Elite Fan

word. I like what she said to him. She never felt that way about him. It was always Dawson she would say was holding her back. Did you notice her reaction after he says it looks like they are going to be in Capeside? It's like the thought of being with him for the summer scares her. I found a video where you can see it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPeQUO4QPDI

46 seconds

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 05-27-2017, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder what was actually going through her mind.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

good point

I like how she looks at him here

Old 05-27-2017, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That is definitely a melty face.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:39 AM
Elite Fan

thanks

They look like they're in their own world here

found this

Quote:
Dawson's Creek - Joey & Pacey

I held on to being a Joey & Dawson girl throughout the majority of Dawson's Creek's run with the belief that the show wouldn't have set them up as soul mates only to break our hearts by not bringing them together at the end, but it became clear from the moment Joey and Pacey had a fight that was just a little too heated that there was an undeniable fire there that was far too much for Dawson's little creek to squelch! Joey and Pacey are now arguably one of the sweetest love stories of TV history as the bad boy showed his soft side, and the tough girl got to give in, and no matter if they tried to fight it or not, their perfect match could not be denied.

Favorite TV Couples: Top 10 Perfect Couples, Part 1 - Featured - Favorite TV Couples News - SideReel

Quote:
Newsvine - Valentine's 14 Favourite TV Couples

9. Joey and Pacey (Dawson’s Creek): The young aspiring filmmaker, Dawson Leery and sweet girl-next-door Joey Potter seemed like they were made for one another and had a definite connection but if anything, it was that Pacey Witter and Joey were meant for each other with such an intense and almost envious chemistry. When Dawson discovered Joey and Pacey to be an item, he was more than upset – he was angered by the action and didn’t want to be friends with Pacey creating a confusion between the two lovers and upset towards one another. Nevertheless, all great loves find their way back to each other and through all the grit and pain, Joey and Pacey are finally together and like the name of his sailboat, have found “True Love”.

Last edited by hshapir2; 05-28-2017 at 09:01 AM
Old 05-28-2017, 05:30 PM
Extreme Fan

I rewatched double date this morning and ugh, Pacey and Joey always had such great chemistry. I say ugh, because I really wish they had interacted a lot more in s2.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So many articles about couples include Pacey and Joey. There is just no denying that they truly are an incredible couple with amazing chemistry.

And I love that pic where it looks like Pacey is nipping at Joey's nose.

Here's pic I just saw on Pinterest.

Last edited by JJH85; 05-28-2017 at 08:01 PM
Old 05-28-2017, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

agree SandyK. I think the writers wanted to focus on DJ and Jack and then have Pacey with Andie. JJ and KH were dating atleast during some of the season, so it wasn't like the writers had to keep them apart onscreen as much as they did. Even when they interacted in 216, I don't know if they were still dating, but there interaction was very natural

thanks JJH85. It totally does. Thanks for the fanart

Old 05-29-2017, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe the writers recognized how much onscreen chemistry Pacey and Joey had just from their S1 scenes and didn't want to give away any hints that there may be something more to come for them in S3, so they just kept them apart. Because you know that if they did have scenes together in S2, you wouldn't be able to ignore that obvious fact. Just look at that tiny moment during "The All Nighter" when they are getting in the vehicle the next day and you see Pacey push the seatbelt forward for Joey. That was probably supposed to be overlooked, but so many people picked up on just that little thing.

Old 05-29-2017, 05:41 AM
Extreme Fan

I get that they wanted focus on other stuff, but I feel like they could have more interaction between Joey and Pacey alone. More than two or three scenes, at least.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:34 AM
Elite Fan

you make a good point JJH85. I remember watching a video from the last year or two where the writers mentioned PJ having a lot of chemistry in Double Date when they saw the dailies, but realized it was too early to go there. I could see them thinking it would be smart to keep them apart in season 2. I remember the seatbelt thing too. She looked so happy when he gives it to her. I understand what your saying SandyK. I was very disappointed by the lack of PJ interaction in season 2. It's like they are practically strangers. I guess since Pacey had banter with Andie, the writers didn't see a reason to show him with Joey since they were known to banter too. When season 3 arrives, PJ are allowed to go back to their banter after PA break up. PJ were already bantering in 301

This kiss moves fast on tv, but it's a clear here

Old 05-29-2017, 01:19 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't know, I'm totally fine with the lack of PJ In S2 because quite frankly, it was a fantastic season for Pacey. He became the most compelling character on the show and not just a supporting character. Through his relationships with Andie and his father we see him as an emotional, real, kind hearted, troubled young person. Not that I didn't love the bantering, sarcastic Pacey, but S2 brought out a whole other side to him. Besides, I think the lack of interaction between PJ made S3 all the more special.
Old 05-29-2017, 03:17 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Dp.
Old 05-29-2017, 03:17 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I didn't notice the seatbelt thing till I started posting here lol. They barely talk in S2. That reminds me I was so suprised by them getting together in S3 cause back in 1998 I started watching DC in S2 and didn't see S1 till TBS started airing the repeats in 2003 (and with the original music too) so since they barely talked in S2 I didn't know about their short almost fling in S1 where Joey rejected him making a pass at her. If I would of seen S1 I would of realized they would eventually go there. I'm just glad they recognized the chemistry and decided to keep it in the back of thier minds to go there eventually cause they had to do D/J first (too bad it didn't hold a candle to P/J) It seems like nowadays people ignore the chemistry and just force other couples, definately what a lot of soap operas do I don't like them barely interacting in S2 but the lack of it makes it make more sense for Pacey to be so against looking out out for Joey when Dawson asks him to in the first episode of S3. I love how Pacey is like "Oh no, no, no. Dawson man!" Then he looks annoyed and pained when he says "Yeah..." that he'll look out for Joey. It makes me think in the Valentine's Day Massacre episode when Pacey tells Doug Joey is annoying and has an opinon on anything in the world no matter how small it is lmao but then turns it around and says he also loves how she is smart and her opinons and views come from a pure place. I love Pacey
Closed Thread   Post New Thread