Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2017, 03:13 AM
Elite Fan

thanks

Even though it's not a PJ episode, it's got some good scenes with them. I like the unintentional foreshadowing when Joey tells Pacey what she was suppose to want shifted which goes into the conversation about how the promises DJ made when they were younger sounds a little crazy which goes into the cut scene when Joey is talking about DJ's outdated childhood pacts and how Pacey got hurt and PJ couldn't help falling in love and Joey feeling guilty about hurting Dawson. There is a scene earlier when PD are talking which I think is implied Pacey's insecurities with Joey about checking out before the checkout is due and he says it sounds like him

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 02-07-2017, 06:12 PM
Elite Fan

I liked the foreshadowing, but sometimes I think that it wasn't so much foreshadowing as it was about the writers linking back to some scenes to make them more relevant to the ongoing storyline.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:02 AM
Elite Fan

good point

That episode was the opposite of The Longest Day with everyone finding out about Jen and Dawson. Dawson even makes a comment about how those people don't get a say, but he sure felt like he got a say when it came to Pacey and Joey. He made then feel bad for being together. Joey and Dawson were on the verge of maybe getting back together, but when PJ got together, DJ weren't together for a long time. He acted like she cheated on him with Pacey. The writers had Joey mention that DJ"s promises were a little crazy.

Old 02-08-2017, 11:15 AM
Elite Fan

I don't agree with how Dawson acted during The Longest Day, but in some way I can understand how he was feeling.

He did love Joey and even though it may not have been clear to Joey or Pacey, Pacey did know that Dawson had these lingering feelings to some degree, so I get why he was upset. Of course I don't think anyone has a right to give ultimatums and Dawson did that a lot.

Besides he had his shot, Twice, and blew it each time. And even though Joey and Dawson may have been finding their way back to each other during that S5 episode, I truly don't think that Joey's heart was in it all the way. I think it was safe and comfortable for Joey to be with Dawson after going to Boston and University and that's all it was IMO.

She never showed the passion for Dawson like she did with Pacey, so it was more believable when Pacey and Joey ended up together. I really don't think it would have ended right if they had put Dawson and Joey together in the end.
Old 02-08-2017, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

I agree with everything you said. I do think Dawson was having feelings for Joey in season 3, but he could have handled it better. I actually feel a little bad for Dawson when Jen shows up and he says he doesn't have anyone. It's like he's afraid he will be the third wheel. JVDB did a good job there

agree. I haven't seen the episodes in a while, but I remember that Joey didn't know where things stood with Dawson when he comes back in 502. After she finds out Pacey is in town, her attitude towards Dawson changed. She said she couldn't promise him anything from staying. When Dawson asked her to go to LA with him, she didn't want to like she did with Pacey

Old 02-09-2017, 03:37 PM
Elite Fan

Old 02-09-2017, 09:14 PM
Elite Fan

thanks for the picture

Old 02-10-2017, 04:20 PM
Elite Fan

I saw it on Pinterest and just had to post it.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love that picture!
Old 02-11-2017, 12:28 AM
Elite Fan

thanks

Old 02-11-2017, 04:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I love that picture!
I know and even though we know it's followed by yelling, punching and pushing you can't help but notice how intense it is. Pacey is holding on tight and Joey is so letting it happen. Ahhhh to be her
Old 02-11-2017, 07:08 AM
Elite Fan

so true

I think she wanted him for a long time too. To me, it was obvious at Thanksgiving when she was blushing when she talks about Pacey to Andie. He kept seeing signs that she felt more for him than friendship, but was afraid to make anything of it. It went all the way back in Four to Tango when he's like you did overact, didn't you. In 313, I don't know if he noticed, but I did. In 314, she said she cared about him and he had to read between the banter. In 315, she's like she guess she thought something else. She also said she needed him the most which I thought was a big deal. It wasn't until she said he was the first person she thought of that he knew she did. He's like you can't keep doing this to me. Even after they kissed, she had no comeback when he said she was kissing him back. She says she was worried about how Dawson would react. Until that point, he was worried that she would reject him again. He didn't think about the Dawson factor until she brings it up. He was worried about hurting Dawson

Old 02-12-2017, 08:23 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think Pacey dared to hope she had feelings for him. There were a lot of signs, but Pacey wasn't confident enough to realize that perhaps he had an affect on her.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

agree. The way she was acting at times made it obvious to me. I could see why he was skeptical after he was rejected by her before. like Four to Tango, she looks nervous when she thinks he's hitting on her. If she didn't have feelings, he would have no effect on her. In 313, she looks nervous again when he wants to practice the romantic scenes. When she realized she had to be somewhere after kissing AJ, showed her mind was on Pacey when it didn't have to be. She got upset about how he talked to her at the jail cell. She was upset and looked like she was going to cry when he said he was hanging out wth her because of Dawson. I noticed when she's on the phone with AJ, she was smiling when she said that's what Pacey said about rallying the troops

Old 02-13-2017, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

Good Points. It's interesting to watch all of Joey's reactions when it comes to Pacey.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread