Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2017, 06:14 AM
Elite Fan

good point. It's like the writers were explaining why Pacey was mean to Joey when they were younger and why she didn't get along with him. She realized why he acted that way after talking to Patrick. They also mention the witty abuse which is a take on Pacey's last name. Another thing I find interesting is not only to Pacey and Joey have the same last two letters of their first names, but have the last same four letters of their last names, Witter and Potter. Joey's real name is Josephine, but it's still kind of interesting

another thing to point out in FTT is that Pacey was so against taking dance lessons, but after the lady suggests it, he was all for it. When she comes back to get her coat, she checks the room to see if Jen is still there and looks all relieved when she just sees Pacey. She says she's sorry for overreacting and he's like you did overreact, didn't you like it's another one of those "you can't keep doing this to me." It went with what Jen said earlier when he tried to shrug it off. I think in the back of his mind, he's wondering if she is starting to feel more for him than friendship, but refuses to believe it. It makes sense after she rejected him in season 1. Most people would have just called her out on her jealousy. Her excuse is she doesn't approve of what they're doing when she shouldn't care at all. As the episodes go on, he keeps seeing things, but not until eight episodes later, it was after she said he was the first person she thought of that caused him to do something and there was a look

review I found

Quote:
Four To Tango
By Wing Chun | Season 3 | Episode 9 | Aired on 1999.12.01

Wearily, Joey asks if this is "a potential relationship," or merely "a free trade agreement." Pacey asks Joey if she had the opportunity to enter into the kind of arrangement he has with Jen (only he doesn't, of course, mention her name), whether she'd do it. Joey sarcastically replies, "A totally empty, emotionally unfulfilling sexual experience? That sounds great!" Pacey says that it's a limited-time offer, and he just wanted to know what Joey thinks. She says, "I think that if you really wanted to be having casual sex with someone right now, you'd be doing it, instead of sitting here having a hypothetical discussion about it." Pacey blinks, sadly, and completely fails to seize Joey and plant a big smooch on her, which would have made me pretty happy.
Here are the desktops that go along with what was happening

Quote:
Pacey's diary- December 1, 1999:

"Joey and I have been growing closer, I guess. She's tutoring me in math in exchange for some dancing lessons. Not a bad trade off... except I hate math and I hate dancing. But I don't hate Joey. Just the opposite, actually."
"This watching out for her stuff isn't so bad, although in retrospective I bet I could have pawned a twenty from Dawson for my services. But I actually enjoy spending time with her. Don't get me wrong- mean and cynical isn't always a walk in the park, but as far as friends go, she's pretty awesome. Not to mention hot."
Quote:
Jen's diary- December 3, 1999:

"Maybe hooking up with Pacey wasn't the brightest idea I've ever had. Especially since as much as we want to be emotionally detached and unavailable... we're not. And also because Pacey clearly has feelings for Joey. It's completely obvious. Dawson even picked up on it, I think. And the look on Joey's face when she saw us kissing in the coat closet proves that she has feelings for Pacey as well.
It's an interesting turn of events, really. There was Dawson and me, then Joey and Dawson, then Pacey and Andie, then Joey and Jack, then Pacey and me... all that's left is Joey and Pacey or Andie and Dawson or me and Jack, which isn't likely to happen with him liking boys and all. Joey and Pacey- it's pretty predictable really. I'm surprised I didn't notice it before.
Now, the repercussions of Pacey and Joey- that's tricky. Of course nothing's happened... yet. But the writing's on the wall I think. The look on Joey's face said it all."
I like how Jen said in Neverland that none of it surprised her at all and said she knew this thing would come to ahead

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"

Last edited by hshapir2; 01-28-2017 at 06:55 AM
Old 01-28-2017, 10:16 PM
Elite Fan

I always noticed the name similarity before. Here's a fan art I had found splitting their last names. I thought it was cool so saved it.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:35 PM
Elite Fan

thanks

I like how she changes her mind about working with him because she is so affected by the kiss

Old 01-30-2017, 05:51 AM
Elite Fan

found this pic. It really shows how nervous she is and affected she is by him here

Old 01-30-2017, 08:55 PM
Elite Fan

There are so many great things about that scene. Pacey confessing a couple of things, Joey's obvious nervousness and how amazing they both look. I think she looks so beautiful in that episode and he is so incredibly sexy.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:53 AM
Elite Fan

agree

I think Pop is playing Northern Lights today. It has a lot of PJ undertones. There is even a metaphor when Joey and AJ are talking and he says how the Northern Lights are something you've looked at your entire life, but it's like seeing for the first time how beautiful it is. Joey says it sounds kind of scary. It was so obviously about Joey's subconscious feelings for Pacey. I think that scene happens after Joey goes to see Pacey and he was talking about falling in love in the strangest of places

Old 01-31-2017, 04:36 AM
Elite Fan

Good Point on that Northern Lights comment Joey made. I never thought about that before.

Time for a re-watch.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

thanks. I totally forgot about it until I saw the rerun. The writers like using metaphors on the show. Throughout the episode, I could tell she had feelings for him. She acts nervous when he wants to do the play with her and it comes to the lovey dovey stuff. She seemed disappointed when AJ showed up at the afterparty from what I remember. It's been a while since I saw the reruns. She was thinking about Pacey while kissing AJ and then goes to see Pacey. It was implied, if not stated

Old 01-31-2017, 05:48 PM
Elite Fan

True and then there's that look Joey gives Pacey just before leaving on her date with AJ.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:35 AM
Elite Fan

good point

I was going through the stations and found out Pop is having a Dawson's Creek marathon on February 11, which is a Saturday. I wonder if viewers choose like they did on the other station before

Old 02-01-2017, 04:18 AM
Loyal Fan

I think my ten favorite episodes for a marathon would be very Pacey/Joey heavy.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
I think my ten favorite episodes for a marathon would be very Pacey/Joey heavy.
Ditto. There are a few S3 and S4 episodes, but there are a couple S1 and S6 episodes as well. It's too bad I don't get POP because I would watch just to support the show.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:29 AM
Elite Fan

Last time, there were four PJ episodes and on season 1 episode that was chosen by the viewers on one of the stations

Old 02-01-2017, 11:18 AM
Extreme Fan

If viewers voted for them I'm pretty sure they will mostly be Pacey/Joey centric episodes. That reminds me that ABC Family aired the top five before they started showing the episodes (for five seconds) I think all of them but one were P/J centric. I don't remember them all but I remember The Longest Day was aired and I think True Love. Oh, and Castaways of course.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:15 PM
Elite Fan

good point. They played the first half of the series finale which was PJ centric. Beauty Pageant was the only non PJ episode

Closed Thread   Post New Thread