Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2017, 06:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
I also notice in 301 that Joey asks Pacey about how does he know what she needs. In 323, she says she needs him
Omg yes! The perfect bookends to a season. I loved their story that season so so so much.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:43 PM
Elite Fan

thanks

I just thought of another one. IN 601 when PJ are talking at the restaurant about Pacey and Audrey. Joey says life is short. You have to do what makes you happy. In the finale, Pacey brings up how time is no man's friend and is determined to be happy and says he's in love with Joey

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 03-26-2017, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Season 3 and 4 were both great, but I really loved the build up season 3.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 03-26-2017, 07:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Season 3 and 4 were both great, but I really loved the build up season 3.

Yes. DJ shippers hate season 3 but i don't really get the DJ ship to begin with. Dawson and Joey are so much better as friends. PJ had that true spark...that fire...it was exciting and fun and completely romantic. But the build up was the best part. Pacey went above and beyond for Joey in S3...he bought her a wall, he beat up people who mistreated her, he took her sailing, he helped with the B&B. Its those individual things Pacey did for Joey in S3 that tugged at my heartstrings. When he watched her sleep by the fire nothing would ever be the same. And then Joey realizes she has feelings too. Gah, it's all incredibly beautiful.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:37 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I agree, Dawson and Joey just don't work as a couple. Their better when their not together, they come across as family too much IMO. Plus they couldn't make it work for longer than a few days when they were a couple lol. Pacey and Joey's build up and love story in S3 is one of the best I've seen still to this day. It was realistic and greatly written. So of course D/J fans hate S3, along with Dawson being such a d... towards the end as well.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:58 AM
Elite Fan

good points

I was looking at the Pop schedule. They are back to season 1 reruns. I wonder how long it will last until Pop gets rid of them. I was looking at the schedule with the dailies and Double Date mentioned DJen going on a double date and a class assignment bringing PJ together. The dailies on the tv never mention PJ, so it's cute that Pop does

Old 03-27-2017, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with you guys about not getting DJo fans and also that they were more like family than anything which means they were better off as friends. They fought a lot too and I know DJo fans say that Pacey and Joey fought, but they never fought like Dawson and Joey. When PJo fought when they were a couple, it was never mean spirited.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:43 PM
Elite Fan

good point. Joey points out that Dawson's family is like her family. Dawson's parents seemed to not be mad at PJ for getting together. Mitch even says Dawson should be there for Pacey in Falling Down. Dawson says how it's his world or something

so true. PJ never fought anymore than any other couple on the show. Every couple fought

Old 03-27-2017, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well they are teenagers and teenagers have a hard time staying reserved sometimes , You know drama and all.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:16 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I rme at some butt hurt people saying Pacey and Joey did nothing but fight or never resolved their issues (when they always did) but I agree, Dawson and Joey had alot of mean spirited, vicious fights. Dawson just straight up attacked Joey and set out to hurt her many times. They also usually didn't resolve or talk out their issues, they would avoid talking to each other and let the problem fester for weeks or longer. Or lying to each other IE Dawson and Joey saying they slept with Jen and Jack to hurt the other, Dawson lying about having a girlfriend when they first slept together, etc. but they want to put all that on Pacey and Joey? Dawson and Joey had the vicious fights and lies, not P/J. Some are so bitter they ignore all the facts that actually happened.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree. Compared to Dawson and Joey, Pacey and Joey's arguments were minor and they always worked things out. They even worked it out after shortly after Promicide and that was a bad one.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:57 AM
Elite Fan

totally agree JJH85 and Butterfly85

I remember watching reruns and didn't even notice that many PJ fights. Their had their arguments, but they were about many things. It wasn't just about Dawson like DJer's like to claim. A lot of them revolved around school and Pacey not sure what he was going to do after high school. Falling Down, Two Gentlemen of Capeside, Future Tense, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Te of Pacey, Admissions, etc revolved around non Dawson related issues

Old 03-28-2017, 04:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Pacey might have that horrible prom dumping scene, but Dawson stood in Joey's room, having lied to her that he had a girlfriend, saying everything was Joey's fault, he always knew what he wanted, Joey is so immature and can't choose. He's literally still arguing with her about when she broke up with him in s2. I liked Dawson with Jen and in the rest of s6, but he comes off like a serial killer in that scene.

(tho, really, of all of Joey's non-Pacey boyfriends, I still dislike Eddie the most. )
Old 03-28-2017, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually liked it when they argued because they always seemed to share so much during those moments and I felt it brought them closer together because of it.

I'm with you Sandy, I couldn't stand Eddie at all.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Since Promicide was brought up I'm going to jump in here because I've been thinking about that break up scene recently. First of all let me just say that Josh acted the hell out of that scene. That's really why it hurt so much and is painful to think about to this day. But I never really understood why it had to happen the way it did. Why did it have to be at the prom in front of everybody they knew? I know it had more of an effect on the viewers that way but it was just so so so harsh. I really felt so bad for Joey. Part of me understands how Pacey felt and why he wanted to end things at that particular time. After all, all of their fights as a couple really had to do with the future and the different directions their lives were headed. Starting in 4x02 Pacey didn't want to admit to Joey he needed help bc he might flunk out of school. And the prom was really the end of their senior year when the future was just about to begin. But I just don't understand why Pacey, as good of a job Josh did, had to go balls to the walls on Joey. I guess everything just built up inside him. But this was someone he loved more than anything who didn't do anything wrong. So she's an A+ student destined for greatness. Pacey knew this all along. And how did he not realize how smart he was even if he wasn't book smart? He was wise beyond his years in so many ways. Plus he said he was going to go wherever she was going post high school in 4x04 when she said she wanted to stay in Capeside to be with him. Their break up just never fully made sense to me mostly because of the way the writers wrote it. A heartfelt breakup with tears from each would have been just as effective. (I do get that as far as the show was concerned they couldn't have them together until the end of the series even though that's what us shippers would have loved to see!)
Closed Thread   Post New Thread