Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2016, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift2Potter (View Post)

Their scenes together are really intense, too. Even in the early seasons. I love their banters and the fact that Pacey liked/noticed Joey first.
Absolutely and I too like that Pacey noticed Joey first. It really makes for a better love story, better than the Dawson/Joey love story.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 11-02-2016, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

good point. He didn't care that she wasn't wearing makeup or dressed up like Dawson

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 11-02-2016, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
good point. He didn't care that she wasn't wearing makeup or dressed up like Dawson
That's right, it means Pacey saw Joey for who she really was.

Old 11-03-2016, 03:02 AM
Elite Fan

word

In Four to Tango, she was wearing a sweater and long skirt, no makeup, and her hair was in a pony tail and he told Dawson that she's a goddess

Old 11-03-2016, 05:42 AM
Passionate Fan

I know!!! This is why i've always liked the idea of PJ. When I was watching the entire series for the first time (4 years ago i think) I had no idea what is going to happen, but even in s1 - I just can't stand Dawson although I've always thought that DJ will end up together (because it his creek! :lol) then Pacey happened! Glad that they went in that route. It was really a good choice
Old 11-03-2016, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I know!!! This is why i've always liked the idea of PJ. When I was watching the entire series for the first time (4 years ago i think) I had no idea what is going to happen, but even in s1 - I just can't stand Dawson although I've always thought that DJ will end up together (because it his creek! :lol) then Pacey happened! Glad that they went in that route. It was really a good choice
I felt the exact same way and I too watched for the first time 4 years ago.

Old 11-03-2016, 08:22 AM
Passionate Fan

That's why I've always been Pro-Pacey. He was such a good friend. I really dont see him as bad boy, just very misunderstood.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

I didn't see him as a bad boy either, more someone who struggled to see their own self worth...leading to some poor choices.

No surprise since everyone told him for a long time that he'd amount to nothing. (except Joey and Andie of course). Even his supposed best friend Dawson saw him as a screw up, and wanted him to stay that way.

Kind of sad that he always saw the best in others, but not in himself. At least not until later.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Pacey had such a good heart. I think that's why I was rooting for him the whole time to get back with Joey and was so excited when they were endgame. Well that and Josh is truly amazing and you could see the incredible onscreen chemistry between Pacey and Joey, so it just made sense.

Old 11-03-2016, 10:28 AM
Passionate Fan

I was once a Pacey/Andie shipper but Pacey/Joey just owned me after their great build up in s3. After that build up in s3 and their relationship in s4 - It is so impossible to have (story wise) a D/J ending because you cannot compete with a love like that, IMO.

Andie and Dawson were just stop overs.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

The Pacey/Andie relationship might not have lasted, but I didn't see it as a stopover. She changed everything about how Pacey saw himself. Maybe even had a bigger effect on his life than Joey.

I think that relationship set the stage for a Pacey/Joey to even be possible.

I never wanted a "Pandie" reconciliation, but I thought it was too bad she couldn't be there in the end at least.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
The Pacey/Andie relationship might not have lasted, but I didn't see it as a stopover. She changed everything about how Pacey saw himself. Maybe even had a bigger effect on his life than Joey.

I never wanted a "Pandie" reconciliation, but I thought it was too bad she couldn't be there in the end at least.
I was always sad Andie didn't really get a chance onscreen to move on to someone else like Pacey did. I think she and Dawson would have been a cute couple.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

To be honest, I always found the "Andie cheating" storyline kind of implausible, but I guess at that point, it was the only thing that could have potentially broken them up. Pacey was not going anywhere with any less of a betrayal.

I think Andie was kind of shortchanged too, I would have liked to have seen more of her story. I mean, they even cut her scenes from the finale. Poor Andie.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I was once a Pacey/Andie shipper but Pacey/Joey just owned me after their great build up in s3. After that build up in s3 and their relationship in s4 - It is so impossible to have (story wise) a D/J ending because you cannot compete with a love like that, IMO.

Andie and Dawson were just stop overs.
I agree. I do think that Pacey/Andie deserve their own story because they were great together, but once we got the PJo build up like you mentioned, there really was no turning back and you really can't deny how well that relationship come across onscreen. And I agree that a D/J ending would not have been believable after seeing the love story between Pacey and Joey, nothing could measure up to the PJo love.

Old 11-03-2016, 09:25 PM
Elite Fan

good points everyone

Quote:
I can see your point of view, but I feel the opposite. Pacey was not acting like he did when he was with Andie in season 2 when he started hanging out with Joey in season 3. He was skipping school, making sex pacts, fighting, etc. This is no fault of Andie, but I feel like PJ falling for each other was about them. Joey and Andie had a few scenes where I could tell Joey liked Pacey. I feel like whether Pacey was with Andie or not, Pacey and Joey could have still got together

Closed Thread   Post New Thread