Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2016, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
I was rewatching s5 last night, the ep where Audrey drags Pacey into the discussion of Wilder vs Elliot, and ha, the faces Pacey was making behind Audrey's back. I just assume Pacey and Joey were in deep denial of their love - they both say it - pacey in s6 in castaways, Joey in the finale.

Having that in the back of my head makes s5 seem more ... subtle.
Well said and you are right.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 08-11-2016, 07:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I was rewatching s5 last night, the ep where Audrey drags Pacey into the discussion of Wilder vs Elliot, and ha, the faces Pacey was making behind Audrey's back. I just assume Pacey and Joey were in deep denial of their love - they both say it - pacey in s6 in castaways, Joey in the finale.

Having that in the back of my head makes s5 seem more ... subtle.
totally agree. Joey was so pissed off at Audrey. She's like when my eyes start bugging out like this, what does it mean I your world. She was not comfortable talking to Pacey about it at all. He pretended to be nonchalant, but in the background, looks so uncomfortable when talk turns to having another boyfriend. I still say this is the reason Joey was fine with PA. I feel like she felt like Pacey moved on from her and his teasing about her social life. I remember one positive of the next one is when was the last she felt alive and she is all blushy and Audrey looks guilty because in the back of her mind she knew she was thinking of Pacey because she was just kissing Pacey earlier. Later, she's like she intuited like she knew Audrey was talking about Pacey

Another scene that showed me this too was her scene with Charlie. I think her reaction when Charlie says doesn't it bother her about PA, she's like it's what we like to do around here and then changes the subject back to his cheating. In otherwords, she never said she was over Pacey or happy about him and Audrey and then changed the subject

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 08-11-2016, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If you look hard enough there are a lot of little messages in S5 about how they actually feel about not being together. They are subtle, but they are there.

Old 08-11-2016, 01:35 PM
Elite Fan

agree JJH85. Like when they are walking home and she brings up how it must have been good for him to start over with himself and he says she's giving him too much credit and he said it became a journey

Old 08-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Extreme Fan

I think a lot of that, though, is the actors and their chemistry less than great writing.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

good point

I remember the cut scene where PJ talked about their history in 510. The scene at the end kind of implies that when she's referring to how the promises her and Dawson made sounds a little crazy which goes back to their childhood pacts and how Pacey got hurt because of it. when they are hugging, she has that angsty look like she misses him and then is beaming with a happy sigh like she is so thrilled to be in his arms

Old 08-11-2016, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Some of my favourite scenes are the ones where it is the little things that show how much they love and care about each other.

Ugh and then there's this

Finishing off with a link
https://www.beamly.com/tv-film/pacey...need-know-love

Old 08-12-2016, 04:45 AM
Elite Fan

love the pics and the link. I love how they said within five seconds of the series, they decided Joey loved Pacey more than Dawson. hee. I remember watching the first episode and rooting for them. I remember watching the season 1 finale and thinking how Joey should go to Pacey after seeing DJen. I am glad their love story was built in season 3 and they fell in love with each other on their own

Old 08-12-2016, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
love the pics and the link. I love how they said within five seconds of the series, they decided Joey loved Pacey more than Dawson. hee. I remember watching the first episode and rooting for them. I remember watching the season 1 finale and thinking how Joey should go to Pacey after seeing DJen. I am glad their love story was built in season 3 and they fell in love with each other on their own
That is so true. I remember reading somewhere how their relationship build up in S3 along with their onscreen chemistry is what makes them so memorable and probably why they end up on several Best Couples lists.

Old 08-12-2016, 11:40 AM
Elite Fan

thanks JJH85. That probably did play a part in it. The writers took so much care with them building their story. Castaways got great feedback after all the time their characters were apart. It was because of the PJ chemistry that people still bought it

I love this pic

Old 08-12-2016, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That was a great moment.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:16 PM
Elite Fan

thanks. I love the way they are looking at each other. I think she even changed her shirt because she was wearing at turtle neck before

Old 08-13-2016, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He just really takes your breath away and more so when he's with Joey.

Old 08-13-2016, 11:44 AM
Elite Fan

agree. The way he's biting her lip is so hot. I noticed her bite his lips when they kissed sometimes like here. This scene moves fast, but it can be seen in slo mo. I love her smile before the kiss too

Old 08-14-2016, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Their kisses were way hotter than any other couple on the show.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread