Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2016, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

All of this is making me want to re watch their best episodes.
I am an original”
Old 05-21-2016, 04:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
All of this is making me want to re watch their best episodes.
I would start with Double Date (s1), then since s2 is sort of lacking I go with Uncharted Waters for the great Pacey parts, from s3: a weekend in the country, crime and punishment, cinderella story (of COURSE!), stolen kisses, the longest day, the anti-prom, true love. s4: coming home, two gentlemen of capeside, great xpectations, you had me at goodbye, kiss kiss bang bang, the te of pacey, mind games AND THEN THEY STAY TOGETHER FOREVER. ha, kidding. s5: four scary stories, swan song. s6: castaways, series finale.

Old 05-21-2016, 05:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That is a nice gif. I love how she mouths "I love you" to him and that cute little smile he gives her when she does
thanks. I love his smile too. It's so swoony. She wasn't even suppose to be holding the cake. KH wanted to hold it so Joey could say 'I love you" to Pacey

Quote:
That S6 scene was fun, Joey in Pacey's office
thanks. Her looks toward Sadia reminded me of how she looked at Anna when she was hugging Pacey

thanks msstock87

Quote:
I would start with Double Date (s1), then since s2 is sort of lacking I go with Uncharted Waters for the great Pacey parts, from s3: a weekend in the country, crime and punishment, cinderella story (of COURSE!), stolen kisses, the longest day, the anti-prom, true love. s4: coming home, two gentlemen of capeside, great xpectations, you had me at goodbye, kiss kiss bang bang, the te of pacey, mind games AND THEN THEY STAY TOGETHER FOREVER. ha, kidding. s5: four scary stories, swan song. s6: castaways, series finale
Sandy K, I didn't know you liked Swan Song. I liked Something Wild. In season 1, I like Boyfriend, Detention, and The Scare too. Boyfriend's got drunk Joey flirting with Pacey and they banter throughout the whole episode unlike the other episodes in the early season where they would only have like one or two scenes together. In Boyfriend, they banter at the video store, at the Icehouse, at the party, and even at her house. Boyfriend is such an underrated PJ episode. Detention is a fun group episode. The Scare has a lot of PJ interaction

I don't know if I ever posted this before. This is something I wanted to bring over

Quote:
Paul Stupin: Like I personally love the thought that what this show was really about was not the romance of Dawson and Joey but about the strength and depth of that friendship and how that friendship was going to exist forever.

TDW: So if you had to answer the question, in your heart of hearts, do you think Dawson belongs with Joey in a platonic, friends soulmates sense and Pacey in the romantic soulmate way?

Stupin: In my heart of hearts, I think we ended it the right away. I think that what she did have in the romance with Pacey was as powerful as the friendship with Dawson. And I think that we were able to come up with a sense of satisfying closure for both of them. ‘Cause I will tell you, weirdly enough, when I was looking at The Sopranos–I’ll weirdly liken it to the conclusion of The Sopranos, at least from my weird perspective, because I was a fan of that. I like to think, in my mind, that Tony Soprano is still out there–maybe it wasn’t going to last forever, but maybe he’s still out there with his family, still dealing with the issues and still dealing with all the balls he was juggling. And in my mind, I like to think that Dawson and Joey are still out there in our alternate TV universe, still communicating with each other and still sharing the inner-most aspects of their hearts and still dealing with their friendship as adults, and that Joey and Pacey still have that romance. Because I feel like what we were able to come up with was, for me, an emotionally-satisfying conclusion for both stories which doesn’t let anyone down. And I know there are people who think Dawson and Joey should’ve been together romantically and I totally understand that point of view but I think we did the right thing.

I love how even the producer realizes that PJ belong together and DJ have the friendship

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"

Last edited by JJH85; 05-21-2016 at 11:20 AM
Old 05-21-2016, 08:19 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Sandy K, I didn't know you liked Swan Song. I liked Something Wild. In season 1, I like Boyfriend, Detention, and The Scare too. Boyfriend's got drunk Joey flirting with Pacey and they banter throughout the whole episode unlike the other episodes in the early season where they would only have like one or two scenes together. In Boyfriend, they banter at the video store, at the Icehouse, at the party, and even at her house. Boyfriend is such an underrated PJ episode. Detention is a fun group episode. The Scare has a lot of PJ interaction

I feel like best p/j episodes, I want very little DJ. Detention and the Scare are great eps, but it's too much DJ for me. Boyfriend, you're right, that one is fantastic. I would totally add that one to my pj marathon.

I like Swan Song because that discussion on the pier is so them. Though now I want to add 5.03 for the scene on the boat, too.

I feel like I like s5 and s6 more than most people, but it's really not the best for pj at ALL. (Also I hate hate hate Eddie.)
Old 05-21-2016, 08:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I feel like best p/j episodes, I want very little DJ. Detention and the Scare are great eps, but it's too much DJ for me. Boyfriend, you're right, that one is fantastic. I would totally add that one to my pj marathon.
good points. I guess I like that there a good amount of interaction with PJ in those two episodes, but I see your point of view

Quote:
I like Swan Song because that discussion on the pier is so them. Though now I want to add 5.03 for the scene on the boat, too.
thanks. I like some of their conversation in SS until it gets to the end. hee. I do agree that was good dialogue before that. I like that she said he needed to believe in himself more and that he said she changed her life, not Audrey

Quote:
I feel like I like s5 and s6 more than most people, but it's really not the best for pj at ALL. (Also I hate hate hate Eddie.)
good point. I didn't mind all of season 5. Some episodes I wasn't as crazy about. There was atleast some PJ interaction sprinkled throughout. I don't even remember most of the episodes during season 6 with the exception of the PJ episodes or ones where they interacted. I found the last half pretty centric PJ. They had five episodes either together or talking about each other. The last four including the finale had PJ interaction

Old 05-21-2016, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm such a big Pacey fan that I actually really liked S5. There was so much Pacey goodness in S5 and the PJo moments that we did get were really great and without angst.

Swan Song was okay, but other than their little moment on the dock, it didn't thrill me too much.

All those other episodes you guys mentioned though

icon credit: crash landing
Old 05-21-2016, 04:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm such a big Pacey fan that I actually really liked S5. There was so much Pacey goodness in S5 and the PJo moments that we did get were really great and without angst.
good point. I think I might get some free episodes on demand and might watch some episodes

Quote:
Swan Song was okay, but other than their little moment on the dock, it didn't thrill me too much.
agree. I did get a kick out Joey's reaction after Pacey says he guesses they are stuck there in Capeside. It was so similar to her look after their date in the beginning of S and V which was that nervous anxiety look. Even when the show wasn't writing for PJ, it all comes together

Quote:
All those other episodes you guys mentioned though
I also like Four to Tango. She didn't have to take dance lessons with him for helping him with his math. She just wanted an excuse to be around him more

I heard this was all JJ and KH here when PJ are being flirty

Quote:
aizjanika
Couch Potato
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I hope this thread is okay. I got a DC script of Escape from Witch Island and it arrived today--I'm so excited and I wanted to share a couple of things, even though I know this isn't everyone's favorite episode. :-)

First...the infamous hip-check was not in the script. I hadn't thought it would be, but I have found that this DC script has more stage directions and even stuff about reactions of characters in it than any other script for a TV show that I've seen. (Not that I'm an expert, but I have several other scripts from other TV shows to compare.)

Anyway, the dialogue goes like this:

Jen: I gotta say, "Blair Witch" didn't do it for me. I wasn't remotely scared, that girl was irritating beyond measure, and I went to the snack bar in dire need of Dramamine.

A sheepish Joey offers:

Joey: I was scared.

Pacey: Big surprise there, Potter. You are quite the skittish kitten.

found a big pic of the kiss from SK. You can see the lip biting up close

she looks like she is sucking or biting on his lip here

Last edited by hshapir2; 05-21-2016 at 06:26 PM
Old 05-21-2016, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think there is any comparison from the PJo kisses to any other Joey/guy kisses. It is clear that either Katie was totally into those scenes with Josh or that someone behind the camera made sure they caught them at just the right moment.

Last edited by JJH85; 05-23-2016 at 05:15 AM
Old 05-21-2016, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

totally agree

like here this kiss was cut from the finale. It looks like they were going for a passionate kiss, but the editors cut it so it was more simple, but still loving

I read the script for this kiss and it said it was suppose to be a tender kiss, but it played out more passionate

Old 05-21-2016, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Their kisses were always the best. They were both into them.
I am an original”
Old 05-23-2016, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They definitely put more into their scenes.

Old 05-23-2016, 02:10 PM
Elite Fan

agree. I love how you can see her glowing here. Even though the kiss was cut, you can still see the love and happiness on her face

I love this cut pic of them here

love this review from TWOP

Quote:
Guess Who's Coming To Dinner
By Sars | Season 3 | Episode 8 | Aired on 1999.11.24

In the dining room, Andie oh-so-non-casually mentions that Joey and Pacey have become pretty good friends of late. Joey calls Pacey "a doofus," but says, smiling, that he has his moments. Pop! Fizzle! What’s that now? Oh, it’s chemistry! Get ‘em together! Andie asks shyly if Pacey talks about her. Joey looks uncomfortable: "Not really, Andie." She tries to sugarcoat it a bit, saying that if Pacey "can’t come up with a clever quip about something, he goes stoic. The way he feels about you -- he keeps that close to his heart." Andie nods, but she isn’t convinced. Joey adds, "It’s really precious to him, Andie."
This is the scene where she has that dreamy look when she's talking about him. I think this was the scene where I knew she liked him or was crushing on him

Last edited by hshapir2; 05-23-2016 at 04:19 PM
Old 05-23-2016, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
In the dining room, Andie oh-so-non-casually mentions that Joey and Pacey have become pretty good friends of late. Joey calls Pacey "a doofus," but says, smiling, that he has his moments. Pop! Fizzle! What’s that now? Oh, it’s chemistry! Get ‘em together! Andie asks shyly if Pacey talks about her. Joey looks uncomfortable: "Not really, Andie." She tries to sugarcoat it a bit, saying that if Pacey "can’t come up with a clever quip about something, he goes stoic. The way he feels about you -- he keeps that close to his heart." Andie nods, but she isn’t convinced. Joey adds, "It’s really precious to him, Andie."
This is the scene where she has that dreamy look when she's talking about him. I think this was the scene where I knew she liked him or was crushing on him.

And I think it's one of those moments when Joey realizes how sensitive Pacey actually is even though he tries to cover it up with those clever quips of his. It's the writers way of telling the audience that she recognizes that about him.

Old 05-23-2016, 05:35 PM
Extreme Fan

I loved those TWOP recaps. It helped that they very much appreciated JJ, of course.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
I loved those TWOP recaps. It helped that they very much appreciated JJ, of course.
Absolutely. I really think Josh became more popular as the show went on.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread