Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2016, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice gif, too bad it wasn't a little bigger. I'm so envious of anyone who gets to feel those hands.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 01-09-2016, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

thanks

If you put on 200 percent or more, you can see it clearer

I didn't remember her pulling his tie in this pic

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 01-10-2016, 12:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love that gif.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I love that gif.
Oh yes and I bet Katie got goose bumps when he did that. I mean who wouldn't?

Old 01-10-2016, 09:26 AM
Elite Fan

thanks

something I found

Diane: Hey Liz, I was just wondering if you know any of the past story lines that got put in the trash can. If you do could you share a couple cause it would really be interesting to learn where these character's maybe if a different road was taken. Thanks!

Liz: Sure! The episode I wrote #321 "Show Me Love" began as the episode where Dawson and Joey were getting back together. It was going to be about Dawson doing this huge grand gesture to prove his love to Joey and they were going to kiss at the end. Obviously it didn't turn out that way at all! Instead it turned into a fight between Pacey and Dawson with each of them seeing Joey as the trophy. In the end, she couldn't commit to going forward with Pacey and instead retreated back to her "comfort zone" with Dawson. Also, in our episode Jen and Henry were going to have sex but that got nixed pretty quickly. And in one version of our episode it was going to be Pacey who nearly ran Dawson into the rocks rather than Dawson barreling ahead of Pacey. As you can see things change a lot during the writing process.

I am so glad the writers changed their mind. It would not have been believable to me if Joey had gone back to Dawson in Show Me Love. I like how they mention comfort zone

Old 01-10-2016, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That was interesting. I liked how they used the term "comfort zone" as well, see they knew too that it wasn't based on chemistry.

I'm glad they didn't go that route "again" with trying to put Joey and Dawson together. It would have become tiresome to see that after it failing after two previous attempts. They just didn't have that chemistry.

Since we are talking about the show and where they wanted the show to go and how it ended up changing, |I thought it would be great to have this video commentary from the Showrunners. I brought this over from the DC Board, so thanks for posting it hshapir2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GST65y3qAts

Old 01-10-2016, 12:18 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I wonder what the hell the writers were smoking sometimes when you hear about ideas they had before they got nixed or changed. Why would Joey be so quick to get back together with Dawson and kiss him at the end when she just established that Pacey is who she wants and loves, and just sees Dawson as a friend? Also, the fact they were going to have Pacey be the reckless prick to try and run Dawson's boat off the track really irritates me. Dawson was the one always showing how nasty and selfish he can be when it comes to Joey, wheras Pacey was selfless and self sacrificing. Thank god people with sense put a stop to some of their stupid ideas cuase they really would of been screwing over Pacey to paint Dawson as a hero when he's not
Old 01-10-2016, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I wonder what the hell the writers were smoking sometimes when you hear about ideas they had before they got nixed or changed. Why would Joey be so quick to get back together with Dawson and kiss him at the end when she just established that Pacey is who she wants and loves, and just sees Dawson as a friend? Also, the fact they were going to have Pacey be the reckless prick to try and run Dawson's boat off the track really irritates me. Dawson was the one always showing how nasty and selfish he can be when it comes to Joey, wheras Pacey was selfless and self sacrificing. Thank god people with sense put a stop to some of their stupid ideas cuase they really would of been screwing over Pacey to paint Dawson as a hero when he's not
I have to agree with you there. It wouldn't have made any sense, especially seeing all that Pacey and Joey had invested in their time together in S3. I'm so glad they came to their senses.

I'm glad they didn't have Pacey run Dawson's boat off, but for some reason I don't think when they were thinking that it was because they wanted him to look like a bad guy, because in the show when Pacey approaches Joey in front of her wall he mentions what Dawson did and how it just made her love him more, so if they had changed it up, it might have been to enforce the "bad boy" image that Pacey supposedly had.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That was interesting. I liked how they used the term "comfort zone" as well, see they knew too that it wasn't based on chemistry.
word. I notice in the episode Joey wants to watch ET because it's safe

Quote:
I'm glad they didn't go that route "again" with trying to put Joey and Dawson together. It would have become tiresome to see that after it failing after two previous attempts. They just didn't have that chemistry.
agree

Quote:
Since we are talking about the show and where they wanted the show to go and how it ended up changing, |I thought it would be great to have this video commentary from the Showrunners. I brought this over from the DC Board, so thanks for posting it hshapir2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GST65y3qAts
thanks

Quote:
word. Even if Joey did go back to Dawson, it would because she was scared of her feelings for Pacey. To me, Dawson would have been a consolation prize. Dawson even said he wasn't going to be Joey's consolation prize in the Longest Day. He knew she would rather be with Pacey than him. I would not have believed it anyway seeing how miserable Joey looked at the end of TLD crying after Pacey leaves the dock. She was so in love with him

Quote:
I have to agree with you there. It wouldn't have made any sense, especially seeing all that Pacey and Joey had invested in their time together in S3. I'm so glad they came to their senses.
agree

Quote:
I'm glad they didn't have Pacey run Dawson's boat off, but for some reason I don't think when they were thinking that it was because they wanted him to look like a bad guy, because in the show when Pacey approaches Joey in front of her wall he mentions what Dawson did and how it just made her love him more, so if they had changed it up, it might have been to enforce the "bad boy" image that Pacey supposedly had.
good point. I didn't even like Dawson doing that to Pacey

Old 01-10-2016, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
word. Even if Joey did go back to Dawson, it would because she was scared of her feelings for Pacey. To me, Dawson would have been a consolation prize. Dawson even said he wasn't going to be Joey's consolation prize in the Longest Day. He knew she would rather be with Pacey than him. I would not have believed it anyway seeing how miserable Joey looked at the end of TLD crying after Pacey leaves the dock. She was so in love with him
She knew then what she really wanted, it was Pacey and it was the early stages of her "running".

Old 01-10-2016, 03:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
She knew then what she really wanted, it was Pacey and it was the early stages of her "running".
agree. She even says in Show Me Love, she hates Dawson for making her choose between their friendship and what she could have had with Pacey and she hates Pacey for kissing her and trying to figure it out what it all means. She kept implying she wanted to be with Pacey and not him. She was running from her feelings from Pacey too and even said it in True Love

Old 01-10-2016, 09:55 PM
Elite Fan

I remember Jack knew she was running from her feelings from Pacey at the prom. He kind of told her she had to make things right since neither Pacey and Dawson were going to do it

Old 01-10-2016, 11:13 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I think what they had planned was horrendous but if Joey got back with Dawson it would be settling. Since Dawson made her choose she was literally looking like a slave being lead around on a chain. Miserable and unhappy being Dawson's smothered property while clearly wanting to be with Pacey. I don't get for the life of me why anyone would want to FORCE someone to be with them when they don't want you. It's pathetic and sad, especially when Dawson kept rejecting Joey all damn year like FO Anyway it's always been clear they were each other's comfort zones, easy to go back to but Pacey was the fearfuly new territory that shapes and changes you in better ways. Just like in life.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:04 AM
Elite Fan

agree. The writers kept emphasizing that DJ were holding each other back no matter what season. Even when PJ weren't together in season 5, Joey and Dawson mentioned if they were each other's security blankets when the world gets too scary. The same episode Joey tells Pacey that's he's the most grown up person she knows and then a few scenes later asks Dawson if they are each other's security blanket. That is the complete opposite of PJ. When Pacey says to let him go if he's ever held her back in season 4, Joey says he's never done that. Joey's face when Pacey says he guesses they will be in Capeside is priceless. I doubt it was suppose to play out like that, but I was like I knew Joey was running from Pacey. hee

Old 01-11-2016, 03:41 PM
Elite Fan

I agree with D/J holding each other back and being each others comfort zones. They ran to each other when they wanted something familiar. Then also season 5 wast that what Dawson and Mitch were fighting about anyway. Dawson wanted to quit film school and come back home but wasn't it part because life in LA wasn't what Dawson imagine. A little harder than he expected. Then he also wanted to come back and try again with Joey?

Its been so long since I've watched DC but i feel like that was the gist.

I remember I had missed a few episodes S5 and S6 because I was in college and after they destroyed Pacey and Joey i got lost interest. However, I was so excited for the finale and i was excepting of them probably ending the show D/J because some shows can't let go of an idea they had orignally planned even if it no longer makes since. I didn't do forums or spoilers back then so i knew nothing. I was therefore so pleasantly surprised when P/J got the ending but at the same time Dawson got his dream ending with meeting Spielberg. It was the perfect ending for me.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread