Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2021, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Most of the exercises in the group I followed have a sitting alternative as most of the class have some sort of medical problem. Maybe you could find something similar on-line. You should check with your local health care centre or doctors, they may have groups to join.
I'd rather do alone than in a group.

Sorry I wasn't on here on Saturday, we had Dinner Club, so I was prepping during the day and didn't get home til 11:00 and I was pretty tired.

We haven't had much activity on the Board the last couple days

icon credit: crash landing
Old 04-22-2021, 12:45 AM
Elite Fan

All the group sessions are done on-line so you follow the exercises on your screen at home so no-one else can see you, unless someone inadvertently switches on their camera, as happened to our group once.

I actually went to town yesterday to buy some birthday cards for my friends and family. I got to drive the new car and went into a couple of shops!
Old 04-22-2021, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We had 38 new new cases today, so we are now back in lock down for the next four weeks. That means restaurants can only do take out and gyms, hair salons, etc. are closed.

Old 04-25-2021, 09:50 AM
Elite Fan

I get my second Jab on May 7th 2021.

We went to a local Stately Home gardens today for our wedding anniversary celebration, and we'll have an Indian take out tonight, with a bottle of Prosecco. It's been a lovely day with the sun shining. Not really hot but just nice for walking round. Outdoor venues are now open and all shops. The rest will be opening on 17th May, so long as we don't have any more flare ups.
Old 04-25-2021, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy anniversary.

I haven't gotten the vaccine yet. My husband goes for a COVID test tomorrow as someone in his office tested postive.

Old 04-26-2021, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cases are rising here, we had 66 new cases today which is more than what we had back in the first wave. I go for a COVID test on Wednesday.

Old 05-03-2021, 02:13 PM
Elite Fan

I get my second jab on Friday - hubby goes on Thursday.

Hope you both test negative. Do you have to isolate whilst waiting to get your tests? Over here if someone has to get a test because of possible contact with someone is positive they have to isolate. If either of you test positive how long do you have to isolate? My son and his girlfriend had to isolate for ten days after she tested positive last year. She is fully vaccinated now but he has to wait a bit longer for his. He has been working from home since the first lockdown.
Old 05-03-2021, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We both tested Negative. I only had to self-isolate until we got his results back.

Old 05-04-2021, 04:03 PM
Elite Fan

Great to hear about your negative tests. Keep safe and well!
Old 05-04-2021, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We are in lockdown right now with only essential services being open. We had our highest one day total number of cases since the pandemic started with 153 cases for a total of over 1000 now.

Old 05-09-2021, 03:31 AM
Elite Fan

I had my 2nd Jab on Friday and was feeling a little 'off' yesterday but am OK today. Hope things get better for you soon but it is better to be safe and put up with the inconvenience than to end up in a worse state. We must all feel sorry for the poor people of India who live in such overcrowded conditions keeping a safe distance isn't an option. There is a real crisis going on over there at the moment.

Sorry for taking so long in doing the Josh and Jodie thread, but my internet speed keeps slowing down and I didn't want to start it just to have it go down in the middle of it. I hope it's ok but it took me forever to find suitable pics by trawling through other threads - I didn't realise we spent so much time waffling on!
Old 05-09-2021, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I had been procrastinating creating that Thread too, so thank you for opening it.

Old 05-11-2021, 12:03 AM
Elite Fan

A lot of things opening up next week from 17th May. People have been given the responsibility now, so lets hope we don't mess it up! I hate large crowds at the best of times, so will not be going into crowded venues any time soon.
Old 05-11-2021, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Stay the course and stay away from large gatherings. If there is one thing that I realized during all this, it's that there is something nice about things not being so crowded and fast paced. I'm liking the slower paced life right now. I think people got away from stopping and smelling the flowers and now they are doing it every day. It's a terrible way to do it, but there is a beauty to that life.

Old 05-21-2021, 04:27 PM
Elite Fan

We went out for a meal last night and the town was pretty deserted. Thursday is usually late night opening for the shops but everywhere seemed shut. Not a lot of bars open either, but we managed to find one not far from the restaurant. The tables are well spaced out and restaurants only open for pre-booked tables. No problem getting a taxi there and back as the buses finish at 09.45pm at the moment. Looking forward to going for a meal next week for my birthday, but will have to book well in advance as we tried a few restaurants before we got a booking at an Italian, yesterday.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread