Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2020, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is so freaky

Old 08-04-2020, 12:57 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

The problem is the government opened up travel just long enough for people to re-book summer vacations to Spain and then decided that people returning from Spain had to self isolate for 2 weeks on return, now have said non essential travel is not recommended, which means that holiday insurance is void. They need to make their minds up and stop giving people false hope and then dash it. Not to mention all the permanent closures of pubs, restaurants and other leisure facilities.

I'm still hoping to go to France next year but the thought of wearing a mask for about 5 hours on a train or taking 2 flights (wearing a mask) to get there is not appealing. We may find out our options when the sailings resume hopefully later this year.
LWS53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think if we all just stayed in our own locations and supported local Tourism, then we could accomplish both boosting our own economy and the limit the risk of spread.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I think if we all just stayed in our own locations and supported local Tourism, then we could accomplish both boosting our own economy and the limit the risk of spread.
Well that's ok if you live in a gorgeous place like your area of Canada but if you live in a built up area of an old Industrial town with nothing much to look at except a very similar house across the street and a half finished extension on the house next door with a view of scaffolding from the upstairs window, it is rather nice to visit more picturesque places.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't really mean the same community so much as the same Province/State (not sure what they call them in the UK)
Old Yesterday, 11:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I didn't really mean the same community so much as the same Province/State (not sure what they call them in the UK)
We are getting away for 3 days in September to Lake Ullswater where we are staying in a hotel overlooking the lake with a balcony, so lets hope we get some fine weather to enjoy it. A Norwegian lady told us that there is no such thing as bad weather just the wrong clothing! Lets hope we don't have to wear the 'right' clothing to enjoy our balcony, which puts the price of the room at a premium.

It will be nice just to get a change of scenery.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top