Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2018, 01:03 PM
Elite Fan

Going to a wedding in South Wales on Sunday so we are travelling down tomorrow. Poor Buddy is going to a cattery so he will be on starvation rations for the next few days. It'll be like a health farm for him.
Old 08-20-2018, 01:35 PM
Elite Fan

Got back at 4 pm after a 5 hour car journey. Poor hubby had to drive as I slept most of the way. Travelling by car always makes me drowsy, so it is best that he drives. If I have to drive long distance I have to listen to the radio and sing along to most of the songs while eating wine gums and having at least 1 break for coffee. This usually is when I am alone in the car!
Old 08-22-2018, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Got back at 4 pm after a 5 hour car journey. Poor hubby had to drive as I slept most of the way. Travelling by car always makes me drowsy, so it is best that he drives. If I have to drive long distance I have to listen to the radio and sing along to most of the songs while eating wine gums and having at least 1 break for coffee. This usually is when I am alone in the car!
That's the hard thing about car rides, it's like a soothing vibration which lulls you into sleep. I feel for you with that drive given that I just did a 15 hour drive (each way) myself last weekend.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 08-23-2018, 04:43 PM
Elite Fan

I know that your car journey was a lot longer, but I have never been a good traveller and sitting in a car on the motorway in heavy and standstill traffic is horrible. I have to sit in the back as my son gets travel sick if he isn't in the front, and seat belts in the back tend to be in the wrong position, so I spend the whole journey holding it away from my neck. My son says I moan and complain about everything, and maybe I do!
Old 08-30-2018, 07:42 AM
Elite Fan

I was supposed to be going to look after my mother tomorrow for 2 weeks but Buddy has tummy trouble so I have to stay at home to give him his medicine. My brother will have to move in til I can leave Buddy. Hopefully he will improve over the weekend, if not it is back to the vets for tests etc on Monday.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope Buddy gets better soon.

Old 09-02-2018, 03:01 PM
Elite Fan

Poor Buddy had to go into kennels for a few days when we all went to a wedding in Wales, and his diet was changed. We are trying to get him back on track but it is taking a while for his bowels to settle down. I have had more conversations about poo over the last week than I have since I left work as a care assistant. He appears to be on the mend, touch wood. He is well in himself except for a sore bum.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww. I'm surprised they don't ask you to send their food with them.

Old 09-03-2018, 01:39 AM
Elite Fan

I did take his dried food but found a sachet food to supplement it that is especially for cats with sensitive stomachs, but that seems to have made him worse. I will keep an eye on him today and if their is no improvement he has to go back to the vets for further investigation. He is back on his normal food now with a supplement called pro-bind which is supposed to 'stiffen up' the stools. Of course I don't know if the cattery gave him the food I took.

It is very difficult as he normally has cod loin which I cook and give him fresh, as well as his dried food. Only the best for Buddy.

Old 09-03-2018, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Buddy is definitely spoiled.

We just started buying canned cat food as our older cat was losing weight and wouldn't eat the dry stuff, so her teeth must be sensitive. She's become quite mooch whenever we are eating so she was obviously not getting enough. She was a rescue, so her age when we got her was between 1-2 years old, so that would put her either 14 or 15 now. Our other cat who was born in our house by the other rescue we had just turned 13. He is a big lug of a cat. Both are adorable though. They are indoor and outdoor cats, and the older one is quite the mouser, she is constantly bringing home mice and either leaving them on the deck or eating them. She had one tonight and was eating it, so I left her outside in case it doesn't agree with her.

Old 09-04-2018, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

I would love to be able to let Buddy out to wander, but so many Bengal's go missing that it isn't advisable. They are so sought after, unscrupulous people might steal them to sell on. He is a lot better today so hopefully he is over the worst.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I would love to be able to let Buddy out to wander, but so many Bengal's go missing that it isn't advisable. They are so sought after, unscrupulous people might steal them to sell on. He is a lot better today so hopefully he is over the worst.
I can see that, Buddy is a beautiful cat. Mine are just regular kitties, one is black and white and the other is calico.

Old 09-05-2018, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sure your cats are just as loved by you as Buddy is by me. I don't really think of him as anything other than our pet, but other people admire him for his looks and breeding. The last cat I had was a rescue from the local shelter and I loved him just as much. He would and could eat anything so I had no problems when he went to the cattery. He just ate what they gave him with no side effects.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:49 AM
Elite Fan

Going to Tenerife tomorrow for a week. Luckily Dave is coming to stay to look after Buddy. I should be able to keep in touch by smart-phone but not post pics.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Going to Tenerife tomorrow for a week. Luckily Dave is coming to stay to look after Buddy. I should be able to keep in touch by smart-phone but not post pics.
I hope you are having a good time.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread