Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2017, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Had a busy night with family over. I baked a cake and did all the fixings to go with the Roast Beef that a friend cooked up and brought over for us along with a Fruit basket and some buns. So super sweet of her to do that.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 08-30-2017, 05:11 PM
Elite Fan

It's great when family and friends come together to help out.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

hi ladies -- haven't been able to post in ages, as I forgot my password and have been working very long hours. Hope you are all well!

I'm still fighting the good fight in DC, and editing the real news. It's exhausting at times, as we have such an idiot and a dangerous fool as president. And I just dispatched my daughter to study in Japan, only to find out 2 days later that of course her university seems to be under the North Korean missile flight path. Yikes.

Vanessa
Old 08-30-2017, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey V,

Nice to see you back if only to check in.

I'm glad you feel that way about Trump. He's an idiot.

You must be sitting on pins and needles about your daughter being over there.

I've been busy as well, but trying to keep up with Moderating the Boards. I sometimes work 6 days a week including working Thursday evenings and Saturday's. My Co-Mod is great in filling in the times I'm not on here.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by On the Fringe (View Post)
hi ladies -- haven't been able to post in ages, as I forgot my password and have been working very long hours. Hope you are all well!

I'm still fighting the good fight in DC, and editing the real news. It's exhausting at times, as we have such an idiot and a dangerous fool as president. And I just dispatched my daughter to study in Japan, only to find out 2 days later that of course her university seems to be under the North Korean missile flight path. Yikes.

Vanessa
For all the North Korean leader is provocative I don't think he is stupid enough to let a missile land on Japan who has so many Western allies. I think he just likes 'poking the hornets nest' so to speak, just to see the reaction from the West. I'm sure your daughter will be safe, but I understand your worries.

I would just like to offer my sympathy to all of those poor people in Houston and the surrounding areas who have lost everything in the horrendous floods. I complain about the rain in the UK but we luckily never have such extreme weather as that.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't seen a lot of footage of the floods, but what I have seen, it looks really bad.

Old 09-01-2017, 03:59 PM
Elite Fan

I'm going home tomorrow as soon as I have sorted out the lunch etc here. My sister thought she was home today but looking at the cruise she is on it's for nine nights which takes her up to tomorrow. Unfortunately I am going out tomorrow evening at home so I will have to leave before she gets back. If she had got her dates right in the first place I could have arranged to stay an extra day.

I might not get on the board tomorrow but will catch up on Sunday.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's been hard getting on the Board because my sister-in-law is here, so I've been spending most of my free time with her and by the time I get upstairs and log on here, I'm so tired I doze off with the laptop on my lap.

Old 09-04-2017, 03:54 PM
Elite Fan

I know what you mean. I often have to stop as my eyes get so tired and sore late at night. I have fallen asleep a few times sitting at my desk top!
Old 09-04-2017, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I know what you mean. I often have to stop as my eyes get so tired and sore late at night. I have fallen asleep a few times sitting at my desk top!
We're not Josh obsessed or anything are we?

Old 09-05-2017, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

Well, someone has to be!
Old 09-07-2017, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly right

Old 09-08-2017, 03:59 PM
Elite Fan

We've been on a canal trip from Wigan up the Leeds/Liverpool canal tonight with Andy's old colleagues. Plenty to eat and drink and I'm afraid I broke my diet. I had bread and pastries but no cakes or desserts. I had to eat something to soak up all the Gins and tonic.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:33 AM
Elite Fan

Sorry I didn't come to the yesterday but I have been suffering with a really bad cold and just could hardly lift my head off the pillow. I am a little better today and managed a shower so feel a bit human again.

I watched some TV catch up over the last couple of days and saw an episode of Castle where he found a strange artefact with special powers to travel to another Universe. He found himself in another dimension where Beckett didn't know him, and when he asked if he had helped on a case a few years ago (when he and Beckett first met) he was told he was with a detective called McNulty. At least the Secretary for Defence wasn't Walter Bishop! I think he had just been knocked out and dreamed it, but who knows. Last week it was the invisible suit made from Cuttlefish!
Old 09-11-2017, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Castle is a show I hope to binge watch some day as I've never seen it.

I haven't been able to get on much myself because my sister-in-law had come from away when my mother-in-law passed and she just left this morning. She was staying with us and I didn't feel right being on my laptop with her here.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread