Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2016, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think she was going anywhere other than work.

I was thinking about checking out The Crown after seeing a clip about it on one of the Entertainment shows. We might be getting rid of the Satellite soon as my hubby just lost his job yesterday and we will need to save where we can.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 11-11-2016, 02:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I don't think she was going anywhere other than work.

I was thinking about checking out The Crown after seeing a clip about it on one of the Entertainment shows. We might be getting rid of the Satellite soon as my hubby just lost his job yesterday and we will need to save where we can.
I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby losing his job. On a lighter note is there someone special at work? (for your daughter).
Old 11-12-2016, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby losing his job. On a lighter note is there someone special at work? (for your daughter).
Considering she works in a Menswear store, they are mostly men. She works in a Suit/Tuxedo store and there is someone she has a bit of a crush on, but who knows.

Old 11-12-2016, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

Well good luck to her! Did you ever see a show called are you being served? The men on the menswear department were either gay or old! Lets hope her crush isn't batting for the other side or she may be disappointed! Joking aside I'm sure she makes quite the impression on her male colleagues and customers.

My son is presently in his bedroom having a snooze as he is planning on watching a UFC show which goes on into the night and doesn't finish until about 5 tomorrow morning - if he wakes up to see it.

Buddy's diet isn't going so well as he was very hyper this evening, trying to blackmail me into giving him more food by being naughty. He eventually settled down which would have happened earlier if I had left the room but I was watching a movie that I wanted to see. The Long Road To Freedom - based on Nelson Mandela's book. It was really good so I didn't want to miss it.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've never seen that show. She does work with a fairly senior gentleman and the Manager is a young, very handsome man who recently got married. There are some single guys too.

Old 11-13-2016, 05:00 PM
Elite Fan

Are You Being Served was a typically British comedy show of the 70s, so it was probably not sold to the rest of the world - perhaps they had it in Australia or New Zealand - but not across the Atlantic.

Sorry I haven't been here much today but I signed on earlier and lost the connection, so couldn't post anything. It seems to be ok now. Enough for me to sign out anyway.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Are You Being Served was a typically British comedy show of the 70s, so it was probably not sold to the rest of the world - perhaps they had it in Australia or New Zealand - but not across the Atlantic.

Sorry I haven't been here much today but I signed on earlier and lost the connection, so couldn't post anything. It seems to be ok now. Enough for me to sign out anyway.
No, it aired on PBS in the U.S., and sometimes still gets re-runs.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't been here much either as we had a family thing today. My niece is moving to the US the first of December and we had a going away dinner at my Mother-in-Law's.

Old 11-14-2016, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by On the Fringe (View Post)
No, it aired on PBS in the U.S., and sometimes still gets re-runs.
Thanks for the information. I wonder what ordinary Americans thought of it - they must have thought we British are really eccentric always referring to our cats as pussies. and dying our hair blue, pink and purple - I think I have turned into Mrs. Slocum!!!
Old 11-20-2016, 08:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

So I started watching The Walking Dead recently. I have to admit, I get now why Norman Reedus has a lot of fans, his character in the show is very appealing. Former bad boy turned hero with a heart of gold.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
So I started watching The Walking Dead recently. I have to admit, I get now why Norman Reedus has a lot of fans, his character in the show is very appealing. Former bad boy turned hero with a heart of gold.
He is definitely a fan favourite. The Walking Dead is based on the Comic Books and Norman's character Daryl only appears in one comic, but his character on the show became so popular that he has become a regular on it. It's quite an intense show, but I've really enjoyed it so far. I have seen every season, but have only watched the first episode of this season. You just can't help but love Daryl. My favourite character is Glenn and Daryl and Maggie are a close second.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
He is definitely a fan favourite. The Walking Dead is based on the Comic Books and Norman's character Daryl only appears in one comic, but his character on the show became so popular that he has become a regular on it. It's quite an intense show, but I've really enjoyed it so far. I have seen every season, but have only watched the first episode of this season. You just can't help but love Daryl. My favourite character is Glenn and Daryl and Maggie are a close second.
Oh that's interesting. I did notice in S1 he was billed as a "special guest", but was listed as a cast member in later seasons. I've just started S3. Love Daryl, and Glenn.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
Oh that's interesting. I did notice in S1 he was billed as a "special guest", but was listed as a cast member in later seasons. I've just started S3. Love Daryl, and Glenn.
Enjoy the ride. It does get frustrating at time though, but then that's what show should be like to some extent.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Enjoy the ride. It does get frustrating at time though, but then that's what show should be like to some extent.
Yes, I have to say I find the "governor" storyline kind of tiresome already, but I like the show in general. Hopefully they'll move on quickly from it!
Old 11-20-2016, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

I sort of dip in and out of The Walking Dead as my son is a fan and when he is home he tends to binge watch this show so I have seen quite a bit of it. The trouble is in the past there have been a lot of British TV shows which have been post apocalyptic, and always end the same way with some of the characters going off the rails and people turning into despotic types, wanting to take over what's left of the world.

Apart from the zombies this seems to be what The Walking Dead is about.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread