Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2017, 05:57 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

Sorry about your storm. When I was taking my son to work on Monday we passed a lot of verges and central reservations where the spring daffodils had been planted. It is definitely Spring here.

1.00 am here so I must sign off now. goodnight.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:16 PM
Elite Fan

The storm was interesting. A lot of snow came down and the wind was terrible, at one point I felt the house move and we have a pretty good size house. The interesting thing about this storm is by the time we woke up, the temperature had risen and it changed to rain, so there was barely any evidence that it even snowed. Now inland didn't have it so lucky, but we were here on the coast.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:54 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

Well after one day of Spring we had a cold rainy day today. Perhaps next winter is here already.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:34 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

There is a major incident happening at Westminster at the moment - all over the TV. A van type vehicle ploughed into pedestrians on Westminster bridge and then someone tried to get into the area where politicians and the PM arrive to enter the palace. After apparently stabbing a policeman he was shot by security.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:58 AM
Elite Fan

I heard about that and they are calling it a Terrorist attack. I wonder what makes it a terrorist attack, I thought it was someone in a van that ran down a couple of people.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:55 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

It was a terrorist attack. The guy deliberately mowed down all the people who were walking across the bridge at the time - at least 2 dead and a lot of very significant injuries. He then went on to crash his vehicle into a barrier and tried to get into the parliament building where he stabbed an unarmed policeman before being shot by an armed policeman. Both he and the policeman who tackled him died. He was known to security forces and since the attack there have been a number of arrests of known associates, and Isis have claimed he was one of theirs. It is the main topic of news at the moment, and a very significant terrorist attack.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

I'm surprised he didn't try to blow something up. It seems unplanned somehow.

Such a tragic waste and the police officer that died trying to help is heartbreaking.

I have to confess that I don't pay a lot of attention to news on TV much anymore, so get most of my info via Twitter with the odd online articles. I should try to watch the new more often, but it's just so depressing.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:06 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

Well it's a lot easier to get hold of a vehicle and a knife than to make a device. I suppose these people want to show that no-one is safe, anywhere. The position and a lot of the victims being tourists, gives max publicity and effect for very little input!
Old 03-25-2017, 05:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Well it's a lot easier to get hold of a vehicle and a knife than to make a device. I suppose these people want to show that no-one is safe, anywhere. The position and a lot of the victims being tourists, gives max publicity and effect for very little input!
True.

Did you see the Tweet comparison of the event made by both Obama and Trump.

Obama comments on the whole event and how his heart is with all the families and the country whereas Trump only mentions an American who was killed. Quite a difference in mindset. Trump is setting the US back 50 years IMO. Before there was every a possibility of World Peace. What a dick.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

Well Trump has a golf course in Scotland where he told a lot of BS to get permission to build it and he and his people are making life very difficult for the locals, who hate the whole thing. That shows what sort of person he is! He'll say anything to get what he wants and then when the going gets rough he reneges on his promises, allegedly!

Our clocks change tonight so we have an hour less in bed so better go now. Goodnight.

Last edited by LWS53; 03-25-2017 at 06:00 PM
Old 03-26-2017, 06:27 PM
Loyal Fan

How do I post a pic to this thread if it's saved on my phone? I see the image button to click on but it asks for a URL and what if there isn't one? Sorry for the dumb question, it's been a really long time since I've been to fan forum...I just started posting again a few weeks ago.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminga (View Post)
How do I post a pic to this thread if it's saved on my phone? I see the image button to click on but it asks for a URL and what if there isn't one? Sorry for the dumb question, it's been a really long time since I've been to fan forum...I just started posting again a few weeks ago.
You either copy and paste the pic or upload it to a different source like Tumblr, FB or Pinterest and then copy from there.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:16 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

Sorry I can't help about posting pics from a phone - I don't know either.

Been out for a mother's day dinner with my boys tonight - we always go the day after as it isn't so busy and have no problem getting in to a restaurant!
Old 03-27-2017, 04:39 PM
Elite Fan

Happy Mother's Day.

Our Mother's Day in Canada is in May.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

Thanks for the mothers day greetings! I hope it's not related but my son has been ill with a poorly tummy from Monday night - he said it came on soon after he got in from being out for the meal.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread